English TV series discussion

Did you not watch FRIENDS yet? I highly recommend it because I have binge watched it 4 times and I keep on watching its clips every single day on Facebook. And yet I am not at all satisfied because I don't think I have watched it enough. FRIENDS is now like a guilty pleasure to me and it is something that is loved by people all across the globe. Now when I meet people saying that they love FRIENDS more than anything, I automatically feel that there is a connection between us.
Other than this, I have seen How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men etc. which are said to be the all time greatest comedy series and I am a regular on Netflix so I have watched a lot of such series. However, I think FRIENDS is the best that someone could have ever made and if you have not watched it yet, you need to see it because even after 25 years, it was one of the most watched series on Netflix in 2020.
FRIENDS has a special place in all of our hearts. I am sometimes surprised that even after 25 years, how can a show stay so relevant? The truth is that FRIENDS is one of those masterpieces that can't be disliked by anyone. I know people who say that they haven't watched it because they don't follow "conventional" or "mainstream" TV, but I feel bad for them because they are missing out on a piece of brilliance, which would be more relatable than anything.
Although I love binge-watching FRIENDS too over and over again and have watched all the shows that you have mentioned above, I would recommend you also watch THE OFFICE. I had heard so much about it and then finally the lockdown gave me time to binge-watch it. It will be more relatable if you have worked in an office setup, and might relate to a few characters as well. Maybe you don't like it at first, but hang in there and it will eventually grow on you!

Westworld, The Expanse in Scifi, Witcher in fantasy, Rome is hist drama are good shows !!
In terms of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genre, I would recommend every one to watch Dark, which is a German TV series and was quite popular in 2020 on Netflix. Just in case if you haven't yet. It revolves around the theme of time travel, and either you end up loving it or hating it, depending on how interested you are in the concept and how it has been demonstrated in the show.
Other than that, popular recommendations include Stranger Things, WandaVision and Lost in Space.

In terms of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genre, I would recommend every one to watch Dark, which is a German TV series and was quite popular in 2020 on Netflix. Just in case if you haven't yet. It revolves around the theme of time travel, and either you end up loving it or hating it, depending on how interested you are in the concept and how it has been demonstrated in the show.
Other than that, popular recommendations include Stranger Things, WandaVision and Lost in Space.
Second this! The recent episode of WandaVision (Previosuly On) is pretty thrilling and the next episode sets it up for the next Doctor Strange movie. Besides, the promo for the next episode dropped and it looks incredible!

QUESTION:- I am a man who enjoys wholesome and heart warming shows. Been getting into Normal People and I'd love some suggestions. Also, I know this isn't the right place to ask about this but I'd also love some suggestions for podcasts like Modern Love. Sorry and thanks! :)

Is it OK to watch "Dark" in English audio? I am asking this since I watched Narcos in Spanish audio and read subtitles as I didn't get that feel In English audio. But recently, I watched Lupin in English audio and it was OK for me. I did start with French audio first but then didn't feel so comfortable so went to English audio.

Is it OK to watch "Dark" in English audio? I am asking this since I watched Narcos in Spanish audio and read subtitles as I didn't get that feel In English audio. But recently, I watched Lupin in English audio and it was OK for me. I did start with French audio first but then didn't feel so comfortable so went to English audio.
I had watched it as it became available and I personally preferred the German audio. I think you will need the subtitles anyway to understand the time travel aspects being referred to.

The dubs for foreign series are generally not that great, but having said so even I watched Lupin in English because somehow it was worse listening to it in French.

I was never a fan of medical dramas but started Season 1 of House and I am hooked. Hugh Laurie as the intelligent, maverick and acerbic Dr. Gregory House is spectacular. 8 episodes in and it is a great show. It does require suspension of belief at times but the black humour makes up for it. Perception was another although not a full medical drama. Has anyone seen either ?

Finished Wandavision. It's good but my expectations were more considering its huge popularity. Olsen and Bettany have done a very good job. Especially Bettany in some scenes is absolutely terrific.

Man you compare Wanda Vision and you watch Superman & Lois and you see why DC shows dont do so well lol. Someone needs to tell these guys that no one likes whiny shows. So much talk about each others feelings my god Im here for some action and story telling not to see you whine about random bullshit.

Did you not watch FRIENDS yet? I highly recommend it because I have binge watched it 4 times and I keep on watching its clips every single day on Facebook. And yet I am not at all satisfied because I don't think I have watched it enough. FRIENDS is now like a guilty pleasure to me and it is something that is loved by people all across the globe. Now when I meet people saying that they love FRIENDS more than anything, I automatically feel that there is a connection between us.
Other than this, I have seen How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men etc. which are said to be the all time greatest comedy series and I am a regular on Netflix so I have watched a lot of such series. However, I think FRIENDS is the best that someone could have ever made and if you have not watched it yet, you need to see it because even after 25 years, it was one of the most watched series on Netflix in 2020.

I just begun with FRIENDS it was there in my list for a while but couldn't watch ,but already onto season 5. Shows like Friends HIYMM BBT have a very relatable characters and the age group of the characters is also young. the Gradual evolution of individual character is great that's why the shows work.

Regarding HOUSE MD

People might think the methods or the way how House approaches the case and solves the case is not believable .But trust me its a masterpiece ( i am not in the field of medicine ) but in IT networks and we face outages etc need to find the Root cause and not all cases are similar not straight ,people are so tied by their SOPS or past learning they don't use their reasoning power to solve cases .House is a character who possess thorough understanding of diseases and the medicine and absolute curiosity of trying to know why it happened.

-The wacky ways he finds to pull off something by breaking/bending the rule is superb because he never losses his eye from his target and is ready to pay any cost.
-The sadistic life that house lives is very much true fact because after reaching a certain level in what he does, in the manner which he does un settles the people.

if you are in field where you solve issues ,this show is a must gives a a perspective/approach how to take on challenges and not lose focus

I would also recommend a Documentary/Biography of Sir Albert Einstein named Genius ,its an absolute masterpiece of how he approached the problems.

House MD is brilliant. When it aired For a long time I didn't watch the Final episode of the series just to savour it.

This episode is one of the best TV you can ever watch. David Shore even won an Emmy for this episode.

Of course you have to disbelief as it's a TV show.
Screenshot_20210304-120746_IMDb.jpg

House MD is brilliant. When it aired For a long time I didn't watch the Final episode of the series just to savour it.

This episode is one of the best TV you can ever watch. David Shore even won an Emmy for this episode.

Of course you have to disbelief as it's a TV show.View attachment 101365
My all time favourite tv show. Have watched some of the episodes multiple times just for Hugh Lawrie!

Second this! The recent episode of WandaVision (Previosuly On) is pretty thrilling and the next episode sets it up for the next Doctor Strange movie. Besides, the promo for the next episode dropped and it looks incredible!

QUESTION:- I am a man who enjoys wholesome and heart warming shows. Been getting into Normal People and I'd love some suggestions. Also, I know this isn't the right place to ask about this but I'd also love some suggestions for podcasts like Modern Love. Sorry and thanks! :)
I have watched Modern Love on Amazon Prime and it is extremely heartwarming. Honestly, I'm not much into Sci-Fi genre. For me, there's nothing better than watching content which grounds me to reality and helps me in cherishing and enriching the people and the relationships around me. Modern Love has been one of those "slice of life" show with authentic stories from real people.
Another show that has become one of my favourite is THIS IS US. If you truly enjoy wholesome and heart warming shows, I'm confident that you would enjoy watching it. It is currently on its 5th season, but once you start watching it, I can bet you'll be hooked.
I watch it on Hotstar in India.
It is one of those shows which show you the good, bad and ugly side of family. Every family is dysfunctional and there's no other show that has portrayed this aspect so beautifully. It is a family dramedy but with all its characters brilliantly written, the plot so well-narrated & the show becomes a part of your life as you continue to watch it. Because there are so many life lessons associated with each episode, that it leaves you with a smile and sometimes happy tears. But it's not a feel-good sort of a show. I hope you do enjoy watching it.

I remember I started watching it in German audio, but sometimes you just aren't able to accommodate well with the audio and simultaneous look at the subtitles. So I changed it to English and watched the rest of the series in English without going through the trouble of reading the dialogues. As it is there was a lot of processing happening in the brain with regards to the mystery that this show had created.
So you can also try the German sound, if you're comfortable, AWESOME. If not, watching it in English would be a better option.

Back