English TV series discussion

Whaaaa I am surprised. Expanse is arguably the best sci-fi show made yet. Things tend to get a little slow but the sheer accuracy they've tried to display of the occurring events alone would make it amazing in my books. I'd highly recommend anyone who loves Sci-fi to watch it. 9/10 without a doubt
A movie or a show is a lot of things - script, cinematography, acting, character development, attention to detail etc.

If I had to rate only the sci-fi part, I would give it 9/10 since as you mentioned the author and even show-runners have good attention to detail and have portrayed how humans could live in an inter-planetary future very well.

But as far as other things are concerned, there is a very T H I C C plot armor around the lead characters, which I have a particular disdain with. Its not fun to keep everything look realistic and then let space-jumping lead actors not die at all. Second, the lead character has pretty bad acting skills imo and there are some loopholes in the plot as well. For a 9/10, everything has to be perfect.

Also, it might be the one of the best sci-fi shows but it is NOT one of the best shows I have seen.

Last edited:
Locke and key - 9/10 for fantasy lovers.
Magic and stuff. Suitable even for a younger audience. Its not a childish show though, has a sort of harry potter feel, rather than LOTR.

Yes thats the only one I liked, was waiting to see more of the new alliances and see how it goes with Eugene crew

I actually though this was the FINAL season but I guess this show will never end and it doesn't have to reach any destination ever, LoL!

I felt this Episode 22 was the best in the entire season. The entire backstory to Negan felt like a mini movie and his redemption was sweet. His wife Lucille (Hilarie Burton - his wife in real life as well) acted so well. Great chemistry between the two.

The worst episode I felt was Episode 21 which was a drag to watch. Carol, the hag should now be fed to the zombies.

I actually though this was the FINAL season but I guess this show will never end and it doesn't have to reach any destination ever, LoL!

I felt this Episode 22 was the best in the entire season. The entire backstory to Negan felt like a mini movie and his redemption was sweet. His wife Lucille (Hilarie Burton - his wife in real life as well) acted so well. Great chemistry between the two.

The worst episode I felt was Episode 21 which was a drag to watch. Carol, the hag should now be fed to the zombies.
Totally agree and Negan do looked smart :D
Normally they introduce a villain in a season and drag it to next one to finish, sadly there is no one in this season so we might have to wait for 2 season which is long time to finish a story

What, this isn't final season. I am sure I read it somewhere it will be. Anyways, I am watching it for Negan as rest all is meh since long.
I read somewhere too that next season will be last and was hopeful we will see something in this season to wait for next one, that didn't happen so my hopes for a good finish is not so high specially when they keep dragging each episode with too much Bla Bla

P.S. I am waiting for second half of Lucifer season though

I read somewhere too that next season will be last and was hopeful we will see something in this season to wait for next one, that didn't happen so my hopes for a good finish is not so high specially when they keep dragging each episode with too much Bla Bla

P.S. I am waiting for second half of Lucifer season though
Lucifer is on another level. I am glad we will get a final 6th season for it. It's pure fun.

So I watched a few shows over past few weeks, would rate them as below.

Fargo S01: 8/10. The Malvo character will get you going.
Fargo S02: Somehow found it better than S01 hence 9/10.
Fargo S03: It was cool, 8/10.

They said it's based on true story and events were shown exactly as they occurred. Yet went ahead and showed UFOs in second season and the Malvo character was also seems to be fictitious. Yeah.

The Serpent: 8.5/10. Excellent show, despite anyone's interest in Sobhraj.

I've watched a good number of shows during lockdown and I want to recommend 2, 1 is a well-known one and 1 is a hidden gem.

The Office - One of the best comedy shows, a different kind of humour, not all will get and/ like it. (Available on Amazon Prime)

Line of Duty - UK Crime based show. Possibly one of the best shows I have ever watched (not just during lockdown) (Available on Netflix)

Mayans MC
Finally watched it. Picks up from where Sons of Anarchy ended. It's the same production team I believe and many Sons of Anarchy cast members makes an appearance in between. It's not on the same level as of SOA but still highly entertaining.

Line of Duty
Finished season 6. As network hasn't stated if there will be a season 7 most people have assumed this was the last season. It's a shame as it's brilliant and season 6 finally brings the curtain to 'H' storyline. Although the finale was a bit underwhelming and the reveal a bit damp. Still, it's an amazing series and probably the best British series.

Invincible - Very good show. Didnt see the twists coming lmao.
Same here, got to know about the show from a meme which literally spoiled the ending for me lmao (Was still great to watch though). To anyone here, I would suggest you to absolutely watch it and to be patient with the first episode, everything gets much much better from here onwards.

Anyone watched Fear the walking dead, I've completed season 2 but don't have a feeling to continue with Season 3
Any suggestions? or should i skip now

Anybody saw Vikings? I just recently finished it. First 3 seasons were pretty good but it was total downhill from season 4 onwards & was an absolute PITA to finish.

Would recommend folks to watch Banshee on Hotstar. It stars Antony Starr from The Boyz(Played Homelander) & is an absolutely amazing show of Action/Crime genre.

Anybody saw Vikings? I just recently finished it. First 3 seasons were pretty good but it was total downhill from season 4 onwards & was an absolute PITA to finish.
I did. Absolutely worth watching for Ragnar (I still rewatch some special episodes/scenes) but beyond that I stuck to it just because I was hoping it would pick up at some point. Also because of Floki, Bjorn (who's final scene was dayum!), and Lagertha.

I did. Absolutely worth watching for Ragnar (I still rewatch some special episodes/scenes) but beyond that I stuck to it just because I was hoping it would pick up at some point. Also because of Floki, Bjorn (who's final scene was dayum!), and Lagertha.
I too only watched it due to these characters, Ragnar's sons were a total disappointment TBH. Absolutely loved Ragnar, Bjorn & Rolo story archs but found Floki storyline to be an absolute drag & total disappointment in the end. I found the acting(Specially Ivar), story & character building to be very sub par in the last three seasons, many sub plots had almost no point & consequences & many of the war/fight scene were very pretentious specially the ones with extensive use of slow motion & battle/flashback combo scenes specially in Season 4/5. Despite all of the amazing moments in the show I absolutely would not want to go through it again.

I would also recommend folks to watch American Horry Story on Hotstar if you are a Thriller/Horror fan. It is an anthology series & is generally very well acted. Most of the seasons are pretty good & although some are not up to the mark. This is not your regular horror/thriller show though & people could find it very creepy & bizarre overall so...

Any suggestions for good Sci-Fi shows, even old ones which are worth watching will do. I've watched mostly all the mainstream sci-fi shows and the ones rated 6+ in IMDb.

Back