English TV series discussion

I too only watched it due to these characters, Ragnar's sons were a total disappointment TBH. Absolutely loved Ragnar, Bjorn & Rolo story archs but found Floki storyline to be an absolute drag & total disappointment in the end. I found the acting, story & character building to be very sub par in the last three seasons, many sub plots had almost no point & consequences & many of the war/fight scene were very pretentious specially the ones with extensive use of slow motion & battle/flashback combo scenes specially in Season 4/5. Despite all of the amazing moments in the show I absolutely would not want to go through it again.
Agreed. I forgot about Rolo lol. The initial seasons were good and then dragged a little in between, but after Ragnar's (you know) it was mostly downhill. I loved the music (I listen to Trevor Morris even now) and some dialogues (Ragnar's mostly); Floki was very special and unique (a massive talent Gustaf Skarsgard is), a pity what they did to his character but glad for that little fan service in the end. Oh liked Eckbert too, his role was well done. End of the day, I massively dig certain scenes (just for the chills) - not particularly any of the war sequences but the music just made some things so much better, Lagertha's last fight comes to mind.

Any suggestions for good Sci-Fi shows, even old ones which are worth watching will do. I've watched mostly all the mainstream sci-fi shows and the ones rated 6+ in IMDb.
Some good Sci-fi shows that I have seen off the top of my head are Firefly, Westworld & Black Mirror

the music just made some things so much better
Couldn't agree more, the music was amazing. Honestly good music can really transform a good show/movie into a great one for me as well. I am a big sucker for Hans Zimmer & absolutely love everything he does.

Finished better call saul after stopped watching it after season 1 -- 3 years back.

I felt it isn't worth it then but the story is really gripping and character detailing is just fabulous.

So I watched a few shows over past few weeks, would rate them as below.

Fargo S01: 8/10. The Malvo character will get you going.
Fargo S02: Somehow found it better than S01 hence 9/10.
Fargo S03: It was cool, 8/10.

First 3 seasons are really good. 4th season being too classic didn't digest for me.

Last edited:
Some good Sci-fi shows that I have seen off the top of my head are Firefly, Westworld & Black Mirror
Watched them, they're great shows. I'm looking for non mainstream shows/ lesser known shows to see if I've missed any good ones.
My mind immediately went to that Interstellar scene.
Wrong thread probably, but have you watched Sunshine? If not, do eeet. Some hate it but I love it! And amazing music in this one too.
Sunshine was intense, it's a good watch.
"There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust"

My mind immediately went to that Interstellar scene.
Wrong thread probably, but have you watched Sunshine? If not, do eeet. Some hate it but I love it! And amazing music in this one too.
Hahaha, right Interstellar, Inception, Dark knight trilogy, MoS... the guy is an absolute legend TBH. I have seen Sunshine & I think I liked it too although I watched it like more than 10 years ago in 480p aXXo rips :D, should see it again sometime.

Watched them, they're great shows. I'm looking for non mainstream shows/ lesser known shows to see if I've missed any good ones.

Sunshine was intense, it's a good watch.
"There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust"
A couple more than;

Fringe: this was a highly recommended series at that time but I could only finish 2-2.5 seasons. It was good but I found the acting of the leading lady to be pretty wooden & was more annoyed than happy while watching it so couldn't keep up. Mind you I watched it 5-6 years back & might have a different opinion if I saw it again.

The Expanse: It's on prime video but I haven't seen it yet so this recommendation is just based upon the rating.

Definitely intense!
I was trying to find this series for you, but couldn't recollect the name. Found it after some googling.
Watched Maniac?
Ya I think I've run out of sci-fi to watch lol
A couple more than;

Fringe: this was a highly recommended series at that time but I could only finish 2-2.5 seasons. It was good but I found the acting of the leading lady to be pretty wooden & was more annoyed than happy while watching it so couldn't keep up. Mind you I watched it 5-6 years back & might have a different opinion if I saw it again.

The Expanse: It's on prime video but I haven't seen it yet so this recommendation is just based upon the rating.
I watched one or two episodes of fringe then left it for some reason, I'll try it again. Also The expanse is a must watch, it's good Sci-Fi after so long.

For anyone interested in old sci-fi, the ones I liked :
Stargate (all the ones)
Star Trek : Enterprise, The next generation, Deep space nine.
Babylon 5
Farscape
Dr. Who
Quantum Leap
Let's try again. Devs and Sense8.
Haven't watched both, will try thanks. I'm more in to space/sci-fi though and ones with at least more than one season so I don't hate the ending if the show is cancelled. Did Devs get cancelled or is it only one season?

Devs is just 1 season, follow-up hasn't been confirmed. I'm yet to watch both actually, they are in my list.
You must've already watched Altered Carbon and Lost in Space.

Last edited:
Any comment on Sahsiyet (aka Persona) ? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7920978/
So highly rated in IMDB.
Honestly, have never heard of this show before & the plot looks interesting. Although, I really doubt it will be able to live up to its rating.

My experience on these non-Hollywood shows, in this instance released in Turkey, is that the higher than usual rating is generally due to the overwhelming support of local audience for something local. This is exactly like how TVFs Pitchers is very highly rated on imdb by all the Indian fans yet it is nowhere close to that rating when putting things in global perspective. It is a good show for sure but that high rating is just due to how we Indians are able to relate to that show & that might not be true for folks from other countries. So take imdb ratings specially the ones for international media with a grain of salt.

Anybody saw Vikings? I just recently finished it. First 3 seasons were pretty good but it was total downhill from season 4 onwards & was an absolute PITA to finish.

Would recommend folks to watch Banshee on Hotstar. It stars Antony Starr from The Boyz(Played Homelander) & is an absolutely amazing show of Action/Crime genre.
Vikings was great first few seasons. From the childrens storyline it got boring.

Oh man Banshee is a great show. Love it. We've recommended on this thread too plenty of times I think.

seen Jupiter's Legacy - yet another spin-off of known Marvel's superhero after The Boys

this is a superhero series with some element of saas-bahu, but not boring, and worth a watch.
my only grudge, batmans' spin-off Skyfox is super villain :D

Is anyone following THE NEVERS, 5 episodes are out up until now and its very interesting..
Victorian London interests me a lot and then mutants and conspiracies and awesome pure ENGLISH English is intriguing really.

If you like the genre do give it a shot.
HBO MAX, but then its not there in India so use the alternate routes [emoji12]

Edit
My bad seems its available on hotstar premium here [emoji106]

Last edited:
Is anyone following THE NEVERS, 5 episodes are out up until now and its very interesting..
Victorian London interests me a lot and then mutants and conspiracies and awesome pure ENGLISH English is intriguing really.

If you like the genre do give it a shot.
HBO MAX, but then its not there in India so use the alternate routes [emoji12]
I am.
Really digging it.
I hope it continues to be good.

Finished Pennyworth second season. It's a delight and Jack Bannon is killing it as Alfred Pennyworth. No relation to batman but good roles for Thomas and Martha Wayne. Also the 1960's era of London has been captured beautifully.

I am.
Really digging it.
I hope it continues to be good.

Finished Pennyworth second season. It's a delight and Jack Bannon is killing it as Alfred Pennyworth. No relation to batman but good roles for Thomas and Martha Wayne. Also the 1960's era of London has been captured beautifully.
Yep it's on my watch list penny worth. Let me finish Gotham first, damn its been dragging since months now for me.

But i am happy that some great shows came last year
Carnival row
His dark materials
The boys

Particularly loved Eva Green in penny dreadful
Another great one was Frankenstein chronicles starring my fav Ned Stark [emoji12] Sean Bean

Back