English TV series discussion

Not exactly english, Korean tv show.

Watched Squid Game on netflix. Excellent 'battle royal' genre show without getting too gory or messy to prop up the show. Excellent story and memorable characters too. Hopefully there is an another season.

Not exactly english, Korean tv show.

Watched Squid Game on netflix. Excellent 'battle royal' genre show without getting too gory or messy to prop up the show. Excellent story and memorable characters too. Hopefully there is an another season.

It is not a game show right? Like "Floor is Lava" kind?

Just started watching Endeavour , season 1 onwards.
Nice, uncomplicated slow burn, crime thriller about Early years of inspector Morse.

Love how English make their crime thrillers.
They are best at it, at last at what I like tbh.
The sixties setting is fantastic.

8v seasons till date.

If you are using trakt.tv to track your TV shows like me, you may have many a times noticed one issue that many a times, trakt will show multiple plays for a single episode and this impacts your overall stats. Like for me, it showed me Total days on TV as 800+. Manually fixing this is cumbersome.

Instead use the below link and you can delete all the extra plays from trakt. I did that and now my total days shows 405 something.

See is great, I am waiting for season to finish then watch without waiting

I too do this. I wait for a season to completely get over and then I start watching the season.

1) Agents of SHIELD - season 1-4 are just okay.. or rather slow burn. Initial 3 seasons had freaking 32 episodes each!! I had begun fast forwarding a few minutes anyone would start talking on-screen. I think the writers took character development too seriously.. much gibberish at times.
Season 5 has few episodes with some directorial creativity.. hence a decent watch.

2) What If? - the animated Avengers series based on multiverse and infinite possibilities. Episode 7 is a must watch. Since, episodes are just 30 mins long, they intentionally leave you asking for more at times..

3) Y: The Last Man - based on a comics of the said name. 5 episodes in, nothing riveting has happened yet. Acting is mixed bag and I don't think it will improve much as reviews aren't great either. Watching just because of intriguing premise.

4) The White Lotus - half hearted attempt at creating a drama. Undeveloped characters, undecided character arc. Good score.

5) The Nevers - Has some sherlock-esque action-drama set in a Victorian setting with a sci-fi twist. Not bad.

Watched Avengers movies (Phase 1-4), Marvel's series - Agent Carter (decent watch), the Defenders (horrible), Avengers cartoon series - Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Avengers Assemble over past 2 months. Wasn't fan of Avengers earlier, nor I am now but I like what Feige has done with the franchise.

Just started watching Endeavour , season 1 onwards.
Nice, uncomplicated slow burn, crime thriller about Early years of inspector Morse.

Love how English make their crime thrillers.
They are best at it, at last at what I like tbh.
The sixties setting is fantastic.

8v seasons till date.
Was a fan of Inspector Morse having watched it earlier last decade, so immediately started with Endeavour back in 2012. Season 7 was probably a bit of a letdown. Didn't see that Season 8 was released this month, had read earlier in the year that they started shooting in April, so that's a quick turnaround.

Generally prefer the cinematography and slow, brooding nature of most British crime thrillers as opposed to some of the drawn-out 23-episode seasons of American nonsense.

Watched "He Man" reboot . Old fans of the series don't bother with it . They fu*ked it up .
Agents of shield the last series ... Just got bored after a few episodes .

Back