Excitel now offers 300Mbps unlimited at ₹499 (If paid yearly)

swatkats

Skilled
"With an explosion of smart devices, rising Internet penetration and the advent of bandwidth-intensive graphical/video content and apps, ISPs and telcos will have to offer abundant usage at affordable prices to consumers to propel the growth of Broadband. All our plans are truly unlimited without any FUP or restriction of any kind on data usage, a feature which strangely no other ISP is providing and ideally everyone should", said Vivek Raina, Excitel co-founder, and CEO

₹589 Inc taxes for 300 Mbps (If paid yearly), Looks really good. Previously this was 623/month, If paid yearly and they discounted 20% more!!

Capture.PNG

Source: https://www.excitel.com/

Last edited:
Its available in Lucknow but I want hands on review to check ground realities as I am 499 for 6months (without taxes) for 50mbps (Tachyon) and they have good service so don't want to move unless I know they have good service

Has anyone gone for the 300mbps plan?

I heard the bandwidth is Super shared and not everyone is getting promised speeds at all times.

Gotcha!! Though there is a difference between asking for a 1 line review than running bunch of tests through PM's. Anyways its fine

I'm already using it since past 25 days now. The prices mentioned in the chart are excluding GST, so if you go with the annual 300mbps plan, it will cost you around 588rs per month. I opted for a 6months plan which ends up around 708rs per month. The initial cost is plan price + 2k (security and router, refundable) + 500 (local lineman charges for cable installation, non-refundable). So far, it's been working as advertised.

i pay around 3200 for three month hathway 150mbps plan. Excitel has recently been launched in my area. hathway comes with free router and this guy is charging 2000 more. Is it worth the switch and also is it better to buy a router from the market instead of him so that we can use it with some other provider? WIth Hathway being 13K per annum and this guy 7K plus router, seems like decent saving but Hathway being a listed large corporate may offer better reliability. Need to learn more about how large excitel is as a corporate.

I live in bangalore.

Just checked with my nephews in Hyd where prices are similar and they are happy with the connection. Assuming I go with 300 mbps please let me know what is the best modem/router I can buy from the market

Last edited:
Just checked with my nephews in Hyd where prices are similar and they are happy with the connection. Assuming I go with 300 mbps please let me know what is the best modem/router I can buy from the market
In one of the bb threads somewhere here I was told that it's better to go along with what the ISP give as they don't feel so enthusiastic about making the required changes in other modems. Take that into consideration.

With WFH, I realised that having great uptime is much more important than faster speeds. 4K streaming takes up most of the bandwidth but that is less than 40 Mbps in most cases. Beyond that, higher speeds come in to the picture if you have regular enormous downloads. So, be sure about the connection reliability first and foremost.

You can go with any of the dual band gigabit routers.. Tp link dual band ones start at around 2k inr...and wifi 6 one around 5k

@swatkats Thanks for the information.
I have just called Excitel (1800 200 2273) and asked for a new connection in Bangalore.
Oh I already got a response in 2 minutes, the executive is coming to explain the details.

Back