FB Marketplace Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe with fb marketplace as an individual seller who just wants to offload some stuff is that people do not read the entire post. Inspite of providing many pics, they will ask for more pics and ask if I will ship when I have clearly mentioned it is pickup only and even location is mentioned.

Also people not knowing what is being sold and asking dumb questions. I had kept a router for sale and a person asks me if monthly recharge is needed and when I asked if he read the ad, he says no.

I block many people who really act like this.
This guy once contacted me when I was selling my cabinet, it was on hold for someone else. But this guy literally started begging me to sell it to him and called me some 2-3 times and said he'll pay the full amount.
An hour later he realises I'm only selling the cabinet and it does not come with the parts inside ( which I clearly mentioned in the post) and then just nopes out and never replied again

This is the problem with FB marketplace, it's not really a marketplace where the seller can setup a page for terms and conditions, in online sites like MD Vedant there's a separate section for it. Having said that most online retailers like MD vedant accept returns only after deducting 5% of order value + shipping charge in case it's dispatched. For products that have been opened they all deduct a solid 30% charge as restock fee. Unless the ram arrived DOA and the seller didn't accept replacement, I don't see a problem.

The can't cancel once shipped reason is just lame, you could easily charge buyer for the courier charges and accept return if the buyer doesn't want the product. Even for this some sites charge 5% fees.

Stop being annoying and put out fake story. Once it's left we are done we are not Amazon that takes back parcel and do whatever they want.

Just FYI : I already gave him good price as per my representative he wanted discount I got him that too if he changes mind after the product which left me can't do anything.
1. I don't think its a fake story. Facts disagree.
2. What the buyer wanted was cancellation of the order. You could've just done so since you had not shipped yet if you had any class. You pretty much lost the trust of a customer who could've been a repeat customer.
For new sellers, I insist on a photo of their ID, and I give them mine in exchange. This is enough of a hurdle that it'll weed out the disreputable sellers.
What if the ID is fake? Its so easy to get fake ID's made nowadays. One guy offered me something that way and I didn't take it.
A lot of listings are PM for price & maybe they are offering some good deals privately - Unfortunately though, I suspect they want to deal over PM so they can price gauge customers based on how knowledgeable or desperate they sound.
Yep this is the biggest scam of all. Sellers say "pm me for price." When a buyer shares something he supposedly bought with "rep+++" and some shit and if a member comments and asks "price?" even the buyer would post "pm" like ffs. This is why I don't believe in many of the sales which takes place. Why would a random buyer not want to reveal the price? What does he benefit? Absolutely nothing! Unless the said person is someone personally known to or related to the seller.

I can provide enough of stock to the whole market for a year because thats the kind of stocks i keep :)
If you have so much stock and so many customers, should have been easy for you to just accept the OP's cancellation request. It's not like you were getting the components on order from the distributor.

Also for the people saying im some reseller with a bank account please do visit classic computer once they are in mumbai. Ill be there to give you a full tour of my office and my warehouse feel free to criticize me qs much as you want. Things were between me and buyer once gone cant do anything and i try to provide as much solution and support i can and I'm glad im doing that for alot of my clients who are glad to by from me :)
The fact that you are selling products on a piecemeal basis over Facebook leads me to believe otherwise. For what its worth, I don't think members here care how big or successful you are (or pretend to be). What matters is how you deal with things when they go wrong. Had you just accepted there was a lapse in communication and would work towards making it better in the future - you would have possibly gained many customers from here - me included.

People really want piece of mind when it comes to purchasing expensive equipment, the attitude of "once shipped, out of my hands - no refunds" does not inspire a lot of trust for first time buyers that have not dealt with you before.

Wish you the best in your endeavors. Just some constructive criticism, don't take negative comments to heart. Look at it as an opportunity to improve.

So after a month or two of dilly-dallying, seller made me talk to a rep from Asrock today. This guy asked me to downgrade to Bios version 4.10 (Latest is 5.0 and MoBo came with 4.80 out of the box) and now all above issues have been solved - ram XMP and SSD at PCIe 3x4.

For #1, I'd suggest that you ask for refund instead and buy a new motherboard elsewhere. There's no 5000 X/G series support in the 4.10 bios. Maybe the latest bios doesn't have these problems with a 5000 series processor, you'll need to test and see but that's a lot more hassle than what a consumer is expected to endure.

Update: Though the mobo was working totally normal with Bios version 4.10, it may not have worked well with Ryzen 5xxx proc, hence I asked for replacement to which the Asrock rep agreed.

Anang arranged the pickup of mobo from my place to the nearest rma centre and it was picked up today, so hoping to get a replacement soon.

+1 for Anang.. but I still won't recommend buying from these FB groups due to the sheer anxiety this whole purchase has caused me.

Time is money so you already spent much more money on this deal than its worth, Leave aside the mental torture and the preparation time you spend before dealing with anything related to the matter.
Totally agreed. The mental agony is worse than the deal's worth.

I went through a quick look at some of the buyers and sellers on the fb groups. It seems to me that the "influencer"-kinda ones get the best deals and these people in turn promote the sellers who sold them at lower prices. I don't think the same will apply to the average member.

These FB groups are pretty good for entertainment with 1% chance you'll get anything legit. Nonetheless, worth searching, with the hope you might find something local.

Every Rep post seems like the seller has written it and made the buyer paste it. 'Something something thanks for "dank" pricing.' FFS.

The English on those groups is hilarious

Warrenty, "I want to sale", For sell :banghead:

The most annoying thing are the retarded losers that react "haha" for anything and everything.

Update: I have received the MoBo replacement today. It was picked up on 7th July, so it took close to a month for Asrock to replace it. Packing wasn't upto the mark as well as they had just taped it all around with no protective cover. Luckily no damage apart from some scuffs on the box. Not the best experience with Asrock.

Have to commend Anang for following through with it. He paid for picking and delivering of MoBo, though it wouldn't have cost him much as Shiprocket charges are pretty nominal but the gesture says it all. I can totally recommend Anang Surve for anyone's business, though be wary of his (very) long response times. :p

Now have to sell this Mobo asap. Should I disassemble my current setup and test this Mobo before selling? Though I don't have time for all this.

I honestly don't see how people are able to trust random people on FB with even 5k, let alone 50 or 100k.
5K you say?

Read a post few days back wherein someone paid 1K for rakhi related craft raw material & received kalnirnay calendar in the courier.
here you go, managed to find that post.

1656957465405.png

Last edited:
I recently started to buy from fb market place aka on a shopping spree since 3 months but from only prof. close collectors groups and must say exp. so far has been a breeze!

I recently started to buy from fb market place aka on a shopping spree since 3 months but from only prof. close collectors groups and must say exp. so far has been a breeze!
Its a hit or miss, there are niche groups which have strict rules to let you in, whereas open groups will have people peeing on the walls and around it.

Its a hit or miss, there are niche groups which have strict rules to let you in, whereas open groups will have people peeing on the walls and around it.
Depends! I'm member of both closed cum open groups but even there I deal one-on-one only so if anything done outside the group, no group takes responsibility but it entirely on you..

Depends! I'm member of both closed cum open groups but even there I deal one-on-one only so if anything done outside the group, no group takes responsibility but it entirely on you..
Lol no group takes any kind of responsibility, I am in a few groups where they say "Vendors must pay Rs. 1000-5000 per year to advertise in our groups, you have to submit your PAN, Aadhar & Bank account, we approve each post manually as and when we get time so dont pester us to approve faster, you can only post a certain number of images on certain days blah blah blah & last condition says group is not responsible for any frauds" made me wonder what exactly are they charging me for?
Enjoy some more of "PP of all"

1657078502800.png

Last edited:
Here,
This lady initially approached us over whatsapp and messaged "Book" for 1 of our merchandise, in our world "book" means I want these block it for me I'll pay you, when we asked for payment she became Mrs. India, we tried messaging over a few days and eventually decided she's a hardcore timepasser & as usual tagged her as a timepasser in whatsapp.
Every now and then she drops a comment on our images asking IAS Level questions,
For instance she's asking size when scale is kept for reference (Price, qty were already mentioned on the image so lets annoy the seller with something else)

1657258832112.png

-----------------------------
What can I say...
1 thing I know she's not interested

1657266144824.png

Last edited:
Here,
This lady initially approached us over whatsapp and messaged "Book" for 1 of our merchandise, in our world "book" means I want these block it for me I'll pay you, when we asked for payment she became Mrs. India, we tried messaging over a few days and eventually decided she's a hardcore timepasser & as usual tagged her as a timepasser in whatsapp.
Every now and then she drops a comment on our images asking IAS Level questions,
For instance she's asking size when scale is kept for reference (Price, qty were already mentioned on the image so lets annoy the seller with something else)

-----------------------------
What can I say...
1 thing I know she's not interested

One FB like behavior I have started to see here more these days is, people will see a FS post with the expected price of Rs. X and reply or DM "I'm Interested" They'll then ask about shipping, accessories, and a many other questions. And then, without there being any change in what was advertised and them being full satisfied with the product will say "ok my offer is X minus 20%" without any logic or links to other sites, etc. PLEASE stop this. I can understand if you got to know via DM that an accessory was missing or some aspect that was not explained in the post, is lacking and hence you're cutting off 20%, that's fair enough. But if not, start the damn discussion with 'my offer is X minus 20%' saves everyone's time if that is something that I am not able to manage, I will simply not go ahead with the discussion.

One FB like behavior I have started to see here more these days is, people will see a FS post with the expected price of Rs. X and reply or DM "I'm Interested" They'll then ask about shipping, accessories, and a many other questions. And then, without there being any change in what was advertised and them being full satisfied with the product will say "ok my offer is X minus 20%" without any logic or links to other sites, etc. PLEASE stop this. I can understand if you got to know via DM that an accessory was missing or some aspect that was not explained in the post, is lacking and hence you're cutting off 20%, that's fair enough. But if not, start the damn discussion with 'my offer is X minus 20%' saves everyone's time if that is something that I am not able to manage, I will simply not go ahead with the discussion.
A lady came in the morning and ordered something, each piece costs Rs. 4.5 & she picked up 500 pieces,
We gave her a discount of Rs. 0.25, what else can you expect for an item that is under 5 bucks?
I mean I have seen manufacturers who drop deals over 1 paisa per item difference as they do 1 lac pieces and all, considering that 25p was very generous.

Her Reply : "Please give me a better discount"

And another similar incident happened in real world
Customer was purchasing some glassware, all rates were negotiated, it came down to 525 for all the stuff, she took out a 500 rupee note & said "Give it for 500", now the shopkeeper was also a smart chap and said "Free mein hi lelo mam"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back