FIFA World Cup 2014

Didn't think Portugal would get routed so comfortably. The first goal which wasn't could have been the funniest goal of the world cup. The goal keeper wandering off the goal post and then passing the ball to the opponent.

BTW folks, I do not follow soccer at all. If not for the advertisements I would not know the faces or names I think I know. So naturally I do not know who plays for which club and which country. Imagine my surprise when I saw Cristiano Ronaldo playing for Portugal :banhappy: and I think I had heard the name Muller before. Some player and trick names that I know are probably because of playing FIFA video game a few years back and failing miserably.

Can someone please list out the top players to watch out for along with the country they play for and the club/league they play in.

BTW folks, I do not follow soccer at all. If not for the advertisements I would not know the faces or names I think I know. So naturally I do not know who plays for which club and which country. Imagine my surprise when I saw Cristiano Ronaldo playing for Portugal :banhappy: and I think I had heard the name Muller before. Some player and trick names that I know are probably because of playing FIFA video game a few years back and failing miserably.

Can someone please list out the top players to watch out for along with the country they play for and the club/league they play in.

Firstly, stop calling it soccer :). I don't follow club footy like my friends but i've always had interest in WC and Euro and have been supporting Germany for almost a decade.
There are too many quality players in the tournament to list out here, but these are the some of the big names you should be looking out for.

Germany - Entire team is awesome (Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Ozil) plus they have the best keeper.
Argentina - Messi
Brazil - Neymar
Netherlands - RVP, Arjen Robben
Uruguay - Suarez
Italy - Balotelli, Pirlo
Spain - Iniesta, Ramos
France - Benzema

There are others too but Germany all the way !

I don't follow club footy like my friends but i've always had interest in WC and Euro and have been supporting Germany for almost a decade.

Germany - Entire team is awesome (Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Ozil) plus they have the best keeper.

Germany all the way !
Talk about a similar mindset. Cheers!

Firstly, stop calling it soccer :). I don't follow club footy like my friends but i've always had interest in WC and Euro and have been supporting Germany for almost a decade.
There are too many quality players in the tournament to list out here, but these are the some of the big names you should be looking out for.

Argentina - Messi
Brazil - Neymar
Netherlands - RVP, Arjen Robben
Uruguay - Suarez
Italy - Balotelli, Pirlo
Spain - Iniesta, Ramos
France - Benzema

There are others too but Germany all the way !

That is a massive disgrace to Higuain, Zabaleta, Angel Di Maria, Aguero and Mascherano

And no Torres in Spain?

That is a massive disgrace to Higuain, Zabaleta, Angel Di Maria, Aguero and Mascherano

And no Torres in Spain?

I already mentioned there are too many to list out here, was just mentioning the big names for OP.
Regarding Torres i only come across memes or how bad his season was at Chelsea when i'm out with friends for a few beers. Also, he messed an easy opportunity to score in the encounter against the Dutch.
https://vine.co/v/Mj3E23aPpet

P.S i hate Spain so i don't really care

^^

England? :p

I've never seen them perform well at internationals, kinda overrated.

Last edited:
Portugal vs Germany match was a disappointment. As if a qualifier team was playing with Germany. Although Spain conceded more goals, their effort was better than Portugal. Pepe must be mentally unstable person to get a red card like that. It is easy to blame CR7 for the loss, but I somehow feel sorry for him. Having played all life amidst top players in ManU and Real Madrid, its hard to adjust in a team with players of much lower caliber.

Back