Flipkart deals

Yeah forgot about cosmic byte budget mechanical KBs.
@JMak
It shows for me....5841.. Still undecided whether to buy or not.
This is what I am seeing in my flipkart acc:
Price 11490
Extra 2000 off on prepaid txn
10% off on icici card 949
Final Price 8541
If I use 100 supercoins I can get further discount of 300 so final price will 8231

Last edited:
Amazon Icici not working now, are virtual card from icici working on flipkart
Is virtual card working at all for you ? I've tried multiple times in last 2 years, that part of their website just doesn't work in any browser. Customer care doesn't have any clue what virtual card means, they try to ship me a physical card.

Yeah forgot about cosmic byte budget mechanical KBs.
@JMak

This is what I am seeing in my flipkart acc:
Price 11490
Extra 2000 off on prepaid txn
10% off on icici card 949
Final Price 8541
If I use 100 supercoins I can get further discount of 300 so final price will 8231
What's your supercoin balance? You need 250 supercoins to view the 3000 offer

I bet this is coming soon forever?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-075558_Flipkart~2.png
    Screenshot_20220924-075558_Flipkart~2.png
    903.7 KB · Views: 112
I bet this is coming soon forever?
This will likely come for only a minute just for formality sake I think. Btw earlier its price was showing as 5300 coming soon.
Is virtual card working at all for you ? I've tried multiple times in last 2 years, that part of their website just doesn't work in any browser. Customer care doesn't have any clue what virtual card means, they try to ship me a physical card.
In India it is not allowed for banks now to issue a 100% virtual credit card without a physical copy & 100% virtual debit cards also only issued by very few banks due to major misuse by many users(last year when this facility was given by BoB there were users who generated as many as 100+ cards each month to exploit amazon rupay platinum debit card offer so eventually BoB stopped/restricted it to generation of 2 virtual cards for lifetime of an acc).

Last edited:
India it is not allowed for banks now to issue a 100% virtual credit card without a physical copy & 100% virtual debit cards also only issued by very few banks due to major misuse by many users(last year when this facility was given by BoB there were users who generated as many as 100+ cards each month to exploit amazon rupay platinum debit card offer so eventually BoB stopped/restricted it to generation of 2 virtual cards for lifetime of an acc
Factually you are of course right, all virtual cards from HDFC, SBI, ICICI are not working. But the justification doesn't make sense. It was never BoB's job to sustain Amazon's business model. If the cost to BoB's servers was to much due to people generating lots of cards, they could have charged for it. ICICI, HDFC and SBI have much bigger server infrastructure to absorb that server cost or to make it an additional profit center - still they don't do it properly.

As for generating lots of cards, that used to be the stated purpose of HDFC virtual cards : use them one time for one shopping, and then forget it. Somehow all banks have secretly stopoed supporting them, without declaring explicitly.

Factually you are of course right, all virtual cards from HDFC, SBI, ICICI are not working. But the justification doesn't make sense. It was never BoB's job to sustain Amazon's business model. If the cost to BoB's servers was to much due to people generating lots of cards, they could have charged for it. ICICI, HDFC and SBI have much bigger server infrastructure to absorb that server cost or to make it an additional profit center - still they don't do it properly.

As for generating lots of cards, that used to be the stated purpose of HDFC virtual cards : use them one time for one shopping, and then forget it. Somehow all banks have secretly stopoed supporting them, without declaring explicitly.
It is not just server cost, there are business implications because of various tie-ups between banks & ecomm sites not to mention the usage of virtual debit cards in fraud cases. Also, you are underestimating the "people's power" of misusing these cards. How much money do you think is significant enough for banks like hdfc & icici to change their credit cards reward program terms & still it happens on regular basis when credit cards users in India are just a fraction of debit card users? Imagine the same scenario of credit cards misuse but on a scale dozens of times more.

Samsung SSD Loot | ₹3000 off via Supercoins + Extra discount via ICICI/AXIS Cards

1 TB SSD @ ₹5841: https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-97...tate-drive-ssd-mz-v7s1t0bw/p/itm97ac2d30906ef

2 TB SSD @ ₹11691: https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-87...t0bw/p/itm1bfeecb9fb7e2?&pid=IHDFTGSV6EGRYHAZ

Claim ₹3000 discount with 250 SuperCoins

These are copied from telegram channel, chances of it being affiliates links etc. Kindly edit if needed, I am not able.to.
I'm trying unsuccessfully.
Has this offer lapsed or I'm not doing it right.

It is not just server cost, there are business implications because of various tie-ups between banks & ecomm sites not to mention the usage of virtual debit cards in fraud cases. Also, you are underestimating the "people's power" of misusing these cards. How much money do you think is significant enough for banks like hdfc & icici to change their credit cards reward program terms & still it happens on regular basis when credit cards users in India are just a fraction of debit card users? Imagine the same scenario of credit cards misuse but on a scale dozens of times more.
There is no "misuse" against the bank possible, because for the bank the virtual card is under the same account as the physical one. For others, it is "misuse" only against the data hoarding tendency of websites - they want to make sure John Doe for account X is the same as John Doe of account Y. And to save one's card details for long term.

Yes, merchant deals is what I was hinting at, as one of the underhanded reasons for surreptitious removal of such services. If it were not underhanded, banks could have publicly declared termination of these services, but the web pages exist, just made inoperable in different ways.

samsung tab got despatched , then got cancelled and FK gave 750 as comp
My order with a pre-deal sale price from earlier in the week was supposed to be delivered today. Was cancelled with "item lost during transit" message even though it was never shipped.

Now they created a replacement order with another 5 days for delivery. Sticking with it because the price was increased later but really poor service for a F-Assured product.

Back