Flipkart deals

JBL 104BT is back on sale at Rs.4999
Can't order these as there is a weekend lockdown in my state. o_O

Don't know who plans such policies at these ecommerce giants. Stupid af.

They may be worth 5k, but are far from excellent. I've posted some feedback, sadly in a wrong thread.

Starting with this post:

You may want to place them at an angle on desk as suggested here to see if it makes any difference. I also find the Treble annoying but will be having a go with EqualizerAPO. But given the price they are still much better than some of the crap in that range and then some.

Can't order these as there is a weekend lockdown in my state. o_O

Don't know who plans such policies at these ecommerce giants. Stupid af.
You're lucky. Don't buy em man. Get better speakers.

Also, it's not the sites' fault. It's the damn govts. decision. My psu blew and i thought it would be an easy purchase from amazon. And then i see not deliverable and went into a literal panic. 10 days without PC lol

I was VERY lucky to get one (for a high price and lower model too) locally after walking around for around 3 hours and about 4km. Terrible story that i never wanna recount.
You may want to place them at an angle on desk as suggested here to see if it makes any difference. I also find the Treble annoying but will be having a go with EqualizerAPO. But given the price they are still much better than some of the crap in that range and then some.

I've tried all that and more. Last attempt was turning them AWAY from me with the bass reflex port facing me and a thick piece of cloth over the front grill to try and attenuate some of that treble. Finally gave up and put it back in the box. EQ usually helps with tuning speakers and headphones but as i mentioned in the other post, this one needs so much damping of the higher frequency, then entire sound ends up even worse. For me, even if someone paid me 50k to use them, i can't because my ears can't take it! If not for the treble they would be easily worth 5k, maybe even 8k.

I've tried all that and more. Last attempt was turning them AWAY from me with the bass reflex port facing me and a thick piece of cloth over the front grill to try and attenuate some of that treble. Finally gave up and put it back in the box. EQ usually helps with tuning speakers and headphones but as i mentioned in the other post, this one needs so much damping of the higher frequency, then entire sound ends up even worse. For me, even if someone paid me 50k to use them, i can't because my ears can't take it! If not for the treble they would be easily worth 5k, maybe even 8k.
Its all in my ears then and probably the content played. I find some tracks sound really well and detailed while others like female vocals get marred by treble.

Wait, are the JBL professional 104 that bad? Now I am wondering if I should cancel my order, I basically want to use them for watching films and listening to ARR/older/classics/classical Indian music. I ain't no audiophile but I am easily frustrated by poor performing speakers.

Currently using combo of Bose NC700's and Mi Soundbar, bored of soundbar so was looking for a budget upgrade.

Sound quality is pretty subjective topic imo. Someone's gold is someone else's trash.

Its better you audition them via some youtube videos or read some reviews to get a better idea.
Yes of course, the reviews are unanimously positive, but it is scary when someone comes up with such a scathing attack. Guess I'll put them up for sale here if they don't suit my needs. Thanks.

Keep your expectations in check & consider them to be a 5-6k speakers. At that price they are pretty good. Just keep in mind that these are near field speakers & sound best in a near field desktop arrangement. Increase your distance from them & they will sound loud enough in a small room & are good overall but not the best as these are not designed for this arrangement.

Unfortunately, it is really not possible to audition most speakers & headphones in most situations in our country & you can't really audition them based upon a YouTube video. Its the reviews on which you have to base your decision & try them yourself. I wish Amazon had continued with its return policy, unfortunately people start abusing these arrangements pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Wait, are the JBL professional 104 that bad? Now I am wondering if I should cancel my order, I basically want to use them for watching films and listening to ARR/older/classics/classical Indian music. I ain't no audiophile but I am easily frustrated by poor performing speakers.

Currently using combo of Bose NC700's and Mi Soundbar, bored of soundbar so was looking for a budget upgrade.

I haven't tried them wired, only on BT from an azus 5z which has a pretty decent audio system i think. Actually, no, i did try it wired with my PC's X-Fi usb, In fact most of the EQ fiddling was done on the PC. Also in the built-in eq on the phone. Didn't try them wired with the phone though, only BT.

They're also plenty loud for an average sized room. I even moved them from my PC desk to my hall for testing, which is around 20' x 10' and they're more than loud enough. Maybe not ear splitting SPL but for normal listening levels, they're powerful enough. Bass is good in that it won't disturb the neighbours, but nowhere as good as even a tiny separate woofer. Again, sufficient. Also, like some reviews mentioned, they don't do well at very low volume, need medium to high levels to perform.

The only negative is that the treble is sizzling, sibilant and amped up to abnormal levels. I think a few reviews mention this too.

Also, FK reviews are absolute bollocks, amazon is still half-believable. Best not to decide based on reviews from the site selling them.

I have major regret buying these, just thankful i only lost 4.5k on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
JBL 104BT is back on sale at Rs.4999

These are excellent speakers and the deal is a steal
Thanks a lot to both of you bhai's. Got em delivered today. This is one of the greatest value purchases I have ever made in my life. Absolute quality for the price. I can finally hear them tiny instruments like Ghanjira clearly and enjoy movies without subtitles on speakers!

Yes of course, the reviews are unanimously positive, but it is scary when someone comes up with such a scathing attack. Guess I'll put them up for sale here if they don't suit my needs. Thanks.
The reviews are NOT unanimously positive.

I cancelled my order after reading this

The reviews are NOT unanimously positive.

I cancelled my order after reading this

4,999 Rs Bro!!! I am using these now and I am very very happy. I have owned/tried a number of sub 10k speakers like Sony DAV 2.1s, Panasonic 4.1s, couple of different soundbars, Z625's and edifier 1280T's and I feel none of them, even though they cost more, sound as good as these for the price! It might not live upto high audiophile standards, but for the price, you can not get much better.

While the issue with high's is real, it is paltry when compared to the distortion/ poor SQ you get with these other 5k speakers.

Even in the review, he says they are not bad. He only takes issue with the fact that they are not true hi-fi.

Last edited:
4,999 Rs Bro!!! I am using these now and I am very very happy. I have owned/tried a number of sub 10k speakers like Sony DAV 2.1s, Panasonic 4.1s, couple of different soundbars, Z625's and edifier 1280T's and I feel none of them, even though they cost more, sound as good as these for the price! It might not live upto high audiophile standards, but for the price, you can not get much better.

While the issue with high's is real, it is paltry when compared to the distortion/ poor SQ you get with these other 5k speakers.

Even in the review, he says they are not bad. He only takes issue with the fact that they are not true hi-fi.
Absolutely. For the quality boost it provides over average speakers at this price nothing comes even remotely close

I think the problem here is people are evaluating and comparing speakers by price, not sound quality or more importantly, specific (severe) issues with the sound.

As i said, to me they are so harsh in the treble (even though everything else is fine) you couldn't pay ME to listen to them. So money is secondary. I repeat, I'm happy i didn't blow like 8k on these.

And i can't even hear above 13.5KHz in my left ear, so i dunno how bad it would be for a normal hearing person.

To each his own...

I'm not an audiophile by any standards but i may be sensitive to bad sound.

My previous experiment with mini bookshelves, the audioengine A2 ended badly too, the bloated and exaggerated mid-bass was pretty much overpowering everything else in the frequency spectrum. I was living in a sparsely furnished rented flat of especially poor construction quality (thin and resonating walls) but still.
Now those speakers too have majorly positive reviews but there are plenty of reviews about the unusable mid-bass hump, and some with frequency response graphs proving it though. (Though FR graphs DO NOT tell the whole story).
They were quite expensive so unlike these i had to return them immediately and lost a bit of money in the process.

Compared to both the A2 and the 104, my ancient atp3 (even with a terrible local transformer) is by no means an "audiophile speakers" or "studio monitor" but even though very lo-fi in comparison, the sound is somewhat balanced and not offensive. With a bit of EQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem here is people are evaluating and comparing speakers by price, not sound quality or more importantly, specific (severe) issues with the sound.

As i said, to me they are so harsh in the treble (even though everything else is fine) you couldn't pay ME to listen to them. So money is secondary. I repeat, I'm happy i didn't blow like 8k on these.

And i can't even hear above 13.5KHz in my left ear, so i dunno how bad it would be for a normal hearing person.

To each his own...

My previous experiment with mini bookshelves, the audioengine A2 ended badly too, the bloated and exaggerated mid-bass was pretty much overpowering everything else in the frequency spectrum. I was living in a sparsely furnished rented flat of especially poor construction quality (thin and resonating walls) but still.
Now those speakers too have majorly positive reviews but there are plenty of reviews about the unusable mid-bass hump, and some with frequency response graphs proving it though. (Though FR graphs DO NOT tell the whole story).
They were quite expensive so unlike these i had to return them immediately and lost a bit of money in the process.

Compared to both the A2 and the 104, my ancient atp3 (even with a terrible local transformer) is by no means an "audiophile speakers" or "studio monitor" but even though very lo-fi in comparison, the sound is somewhat balanced and not offensive. With a bit of EQ.
I see you are surely at audiophile level(even though you are humble by denying) based on your technical parameters and educated arguments you are able to present. I am a casual listener in comparison and can't probably realize the issues you point out.
Is there a chance for the issues you faced could be because of a bad factory QA on your device and not widespread across this model as a whole?

Last edited:

To each his own...

A simple tube pre amp from aliexpress with treble control is the solution for you specifically for more warmer sound. From what I read from your posts you will go mad if you hear titanium tweeters :D I have the Taga 6.5 bookshelves and use the said pre amp to control treble. High treble doesn't mean the speakers are bad and these are the professionally tuned to be flat? Though it may be possible that your unit may have had issue also sometimes a break in time is required to judge the speakers.

Also, I got them for 4.5k, just the class D amp and pre amp costs more than these for those into DIY.

While the issue with high's is real, it is paltry when compared to the distortion/ poor SQ you get with these other 5k speakers. For me bass was what was what made me reconsider, and the frequency response sealed the deal and made me decide no.
My current pair of speakers is a pair of circle arko 80 which are effectively microlab solo 5c which I got for 3.5k from this deal thread here . That's the bang for buck standard for me.

Back