Flipkart - Feedback Thread

Flipkart is digging its own grave. This company is being run by immatures.

Starting today, get ready to pay more for products on Flipkart

According to eSeller Suraksha’s calculations, there will be also be a 200% to 300% increase in fixed fee (paid for every processed transaction). Returns would cost a seller Rs 108.9-197.45 for a product worth Rs 600 and having a shipping weight of 400 grams.

Returns itself, sellers said, will squeeze profits out of the business. For example, if a seller has paid a shipping charge of Rs 50, it will have to pay Rs 60 (1.2 times) if a return is placed and another Rs 50 for a reorder — a total of Rs 160, against the earlier Rs 50.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/busin...on-flipkart/story-IvzaP1SyjBtOsC2VVmmqTI.html

Several hundred sellers on the e-commerce marketplace Flipkart are on a virtual strike on Monday to protest against the company’s revised commission fee and sales return policy. Sellers have decided not to process any Flipkart orders and are also campaigning on twitter under #OnlineDharna and #SellerQuitFlipkart hashtags.

Flipkart, which has over 75,000 sellers on its platform, recently increased the commission it charges from the sellers, which they say was hiked by 10-40% for various categories.

http://www.financialexpress.com/art...-strike-over-commission-return-policy/290563/

Four years and five shutdowns later, a walk through the failed experiments at Flipkart
http://yourstory.com/2016/06/flipkart-flyte-payzippy-nearby-ping-shut-down/

Waiting for Flipkart to shut down now.

Flipkart is digging its own grave. This company is being run by immatures.

Waiting for Flipkart to shut down now.
I believe that these changes are good. Flipkart is trying to become profitable. Also by penalising the sellers for returns, they may be ensuring that % of wrong items being shipped, drops significantly.
(This is only an assumption. Only Flipkart people who have access to order return data can tell us what % of returned orders are due to wrong/damaged items being shipped)

I think this move was their "last card" to control their losses and become profitable. I mean thanks to one of their investors their market value took a heavy punch (in order to raise more money).
Not sure how much we as customers will be affected by this move though.

Flipkart is seriously idiotic. I pre ordered World of Final Fantasy on 18th. The worldwide release date was on 25th and they had initially stated that it would ship the day after world wide release. They then put it up in the order details that it will be shipped on 28th and should arrive by 29th. Finally yesterday I called them up to inquire and no one has a clue. They initially told me it would be resolved by 2nd Nov 8:30 PM and a few minutes later switched that to 2nd Nov (No biggie). I checked their site today and they still have it in pre order mode. Are these guys kidding or are totally clueless about their inventory?

Really disappointed with these guys. Should have ordered from Playasia instead

Last edited:
I tweeted them yesterday and they were kinda prompt to get in touch. Here's what happened -

They called me today and told me that there was a huge technical issue and the order cannot be processed. They told me to cancel and place the order again.

Under the discounts I had placed the order at 2250/-. They told me once I cancel the order and buy it at it's full price They will send me a gift card of 250 Rs.

Fair enough so far. So I placed a new order and authorized him to cancel my order which he did and said once the product is delivered I will get the gift card as well. They have already started the refund process and released the amount, it is now upto my bank to process it.

The entire issue was created because of some technical glitch as per the guy and the suggested method was the only way to fix it. Play asia has hiked the price to 2700 post pre ordering also the shipping will be 350 at least to India (Child of Light for Vita was 350) and the product is now out of stock at amazon as per the guys at Amazon and not listed because of it. So the situation as always is - The customer will have to jump through these hooplas or forget about the product altogether thanks to the stupid and rigid after sales service solution.

I don't know why they could not place a fresh order in my lieu and fix it instead of me waiting for refunds, purchase again, wait on my bank, then wait for the product to arrive and then wait for the gift card.

The Pleasant experience with Flipkart is dying rapidly. The Flipkart is failing to serve many PIN codes in India. Even if they do so, the Late deliveries are ruining the mood. I am talking about the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities of the India.

After placing the new order I still have not received the product is they don't have it in stock and be patient for another 24 hours. I guess they never had it in stock and instead of mentioning that upfront day before yesterday they said it was some technical glitch and made me jump through hoops by cancelling the order and placing a new order with 250 Rs extra.

Tomorrow too there is no guarantee that they will ship it. They are only saying they will update me on what their backend team has to say.

If this is possible - Help me bash Flipkart on twitter. My id there is prabs_01

These guys are literally taking me for a ride.

OMG Flipkart services...where should I even begin.
My last order on Flipkart was last year where I bought a shoe which later began to have some manufacturing defects (stitching came off) and flipkart refused to entertain my replacement/refund request.
Since then I swore to never use buy anything on flipkart but I gave in during the latest sale to buy some stuff and my orders didn't arrive on time. Even now one of my orders which was supposed to have been delivered by May 23rd is still nowhere to be seen.

Screenshot_20180525-171917~3.png

I raised a complaint with their customer services last night and told them that they need to deliver it by today otherwise I won't be there anymore to receive it and will just reject the order. The customer executive assured me that he had raised a complaint with their back-end staff and that my issue will be resolved by 1pm of today. That was what he said and now look at what they wrote here:
Screenshot_20180525-170644~2.png

May 29! WTF! How did 25 become 29?? They say something to customer and then write something else. I got in touch with them again and they told me May 29 is the maximum time allowed like wtf?

Honestly, if I could and if our courts were effective I would take them to court.

Using Flipkart to save some 40rs was one of the worst decisions I've ever made recently. I will definitely not use Flipkart again after this. I thought their services would've improved a little. Oh how wrong I was. Some people needs to be fired to get the job done.
I mean look at these their Twitter support doesn't even know how to tag people in their posts. Unbelievable!

Screenshot_20180525-172641~2.png

Screenshot_20180525-172653~2.png

Anyway I would advise anyone here to tread with caution if you want to use Flipkart. Amazon also has some problems but it's much better than Flipkart.

Hello Experienced members - please let me know,

EDIT : Looks like I need to click the Cancel button.

I recently order a phone from FK under the exchange program at 25/09 and the next day 26/09 the exchange and delivery attempted and after the agent came and inspect he finally rejected the exchange as he found my phone is not eligible - Fine. Now when he left he assured me that I will receive the Order Cancellation notification by one or two hours, but nothing happens. So in the evening, I contact FK customer care by E-mail and writing the whole fact and just need to know when the order cancellation process will start.

After a couple of mins, I received the Email response as they are sorry and such and such incident happens, then I again ask I just wanted to know when they are going to cancel the order and process by refund - This time I received a phone call and the FK CC asking me what happen, I told the whole incident and again ask for the time frame of the order cancellation and refund process. Again he replied from tonight onwards (26/09) it will take place.

But guess what (27/09/2018), my order is still not canceled and staus are 'Delivery expected by Wed, Sep 26th '18' (Item has been shipped)

Anybody know what is the expected time frame for FK to process the refund...what to do in this situation?

There is a cancel item button do I need to press it ?

Last edited:
OMG! This is going to be the first post since Sept 2018!! Is FK dying even on this forum? :joyful:
Anyway has anyone bought anything from Flipkart recently? How's the service of late? I'm about to buy a new phone (hopefully). Moto has exclusive deals with Flipkart.
What exactly do you buy on Flipkart? Something not found on Amazon?

OMG! This is going to be the first post since Sept 2018!! Is FK dying even on this forum? :joyful:
Anyway has anyone bought anything from Flipkart recently? How's the service of late? I'm about to buy a new phone (hopefully). Moto has exclusive deals with Flipkart.
Had bought WD SN550 1TB in December, no hassles at all. Dad had also purchased a laptop worth 60k sometime in Sept-Oct, again no hassles. But we still personally prefer Amazon in general, used Flipkart for these products because they had 7 day replacement and price was significantly lower compared to Amazon at time of purchase.
I've had very bad customer service experience with flipkart regarding exchange for a phone, but this was back in 2018 so not sure how things stand rn since I thankfully haven't had to deal with them ever since. Amazon cs is phenomenal on the other hand, haven't let me down yet

I Bought in 2020 & 2021 below - No Problem

YD2BI4q.png

K08uKnN.png

That's a lot of orders. Do you live in t1 city? I live in a t2.5 town and a huge number of sellers don't deliver to my location let alone give COD.

That's a lot of orders. Do you live in t1 city? I live in a t2.5 town and a huge number of sellers don't deliver to my location let alone give COD.

I live in 25 Km away from proper Kolkata City, It's Kolkata's Suburbs - Don't think it is a Tier 1 city.

Oh that's still near Kolkata.
Anyway thanks for sharing. I'll try to get the Moto phone. I've never bought anything expensive from my account on fk. I used to let others buy them for me and then I pay them after delivery.

All well till you don't face any issue, their customer support and resolution is still pathetic if you face any problem.

All well till you don't face any issue, their customer support and resolution is still pathetic if you face any problem.
Yes so true. The largest order which I've ever placed beside a phone was for a 2700rs bag. Despite mentioning my address clearly in the order the delivery people asked me to meet them outside our residence. Flipkart support didn't do anything about that incident. That was in New Delhi.
And now I'm not even there anymore so you can imagine the paranoia in my head.
Another problem with returns (both FK and Amazon) is if you use someone's address to make the order then fk/Amazon will accept returns only if the item is there in the address which you ordered from. This becomes a problem when you live in a rural area and you used someone's address in a metro city to buy and bring the order via someone. They will never pick up from where the item presently is at. This is from my own experience so I couldn't return some electronic items on time and after sales is a pain.
It's good only when everything works like it should. Else it's not a pleasant experience.

Last edited:
Yes. A T-shirt worth ₹300 because it was not available on Amazon. :D

I did buy my AirPods Pro last October during sale from Flipkart since it was out of stock on Amazon. I had to ask a friend for his SBI CC for discount.
I usually avoid FK because most of its items don't have free delivery & not enough good quality ratings and reviews.

Back