flipkart hot deals

We are not sure if Flipkart has already achieved its sale target by 2pm but most of the deals will not be processed anymore. At approx. 2pm, seller accounts of third party vendors on Flipkart have been put as pending i.e no more orders will be taken for the day and products will now show the status as 'out of stock'. A few selected deals will continue to be listed, but essentially the sale is over.

The main reason behind this move is that Flipkart has already received more than 3,00,000 orders in the first 6 hours of the sale - a number that is the limit of their enormous logistics team to process. They will not risk taking more orders and then fail to process them in dispatch tomorrow. A wise strategy to avoid bad mouthing on late delivery, however limiting the sale in such a way will only lead to more complaints from the users.

http://economictimes.com/industry/services/retail/flipkarts-big-billion-day-sale-over-you-just-dont-know-it-yet/articleshow/44491166.cms

^ They did:

GOSF sale 2012 - Jacked prices and sold > People say flipkart will loose reputation go again and buy
Flash Sale 2013 - Jacked prices and Sold > People say flipkart will loose reputation go again and buy
Diwali cyber Sale 2013 - Jack prices and sold > People say flipkart will loose reputation go again and buy make them Gross $1Billion.
Xiaomi Fiasco 2014 - Cheap publicity > People say flipkart will loose reputation go again and buy the Samething.
Diwali 2014 - Same thing > People say flipkart will loose reputation go again and buy and them Gross $1.5B.
GOSF 2014 - Same thing will repeat. > you will complain and go buy again.

They did the same thing many times, which i do not recall. Did they loose reputation? They know the mentality of Indians, Hence they repeat the Dog Fight scene every year.

Flipkart has understood Indian buyers' mentality well. There is no brand loyalty in e-Commerce space, or any retail space for that matter. People will move towards the cheapest option they can find for their needs. Discounts and sales are the only things that attract customers. That's the only way to make sure that customers buy what they don't need, forcing them to make an irrational choice. You may think you are a smart buyer, and may actually be one, but there are thousands of those who are not as smart as you.
More or less same.

My friend had ordered a couple of Moto E's @1500 bucks each.He was planning to sell them after receiving them but I warned him that first lets see if FK doesnt cancel your order midway:p

But now POOF..that order has vanished from his account without any confirmation mail or SMS. He has a screenshot of that order with status saying "Approved".
So is there any chance of claiming that order back ?

^
Don't think there's any way to "claim" it. AFAIK, FK reserves the right to cancel orders at their discretion.

Apparently this happened to a number of people today. They placed orders, got a confirmation and a couple of hours later, the order was cancelled, sometimes without any explanation.

If your friend manages to get even one Moto E at that price he should consider himself a lucky "one in a billion"... ;)

Wow they cancelled my order for the memory card too. :eek: :mad:. I had received a payment confirmation SMS in the morning, so I thought all was well. Only now when I checked my account did I see that it's not appearing the the recent orders section.

I hadn't bought anything from FK for nearly 6 months, and I think I am going to continue this policy. Amazon has been superior in every which way compared to Failkart.

Wow they cancelled my order for the memory card too. :eek: :mad:. I had received a payment confirmation SMS in the morning, so I thought all was well. Only now when I checked my account did I see that it's not appearing the the recent orders section.

I hadn't bought anything from FK for nearly 6 months, and I think I am going to continue this policy. Amazon has been superior in every which way compared to Failkart.

If you have already paid for it, you might be okay. Its possibly not showing up in your recent orders due to some glitch in their system...

yah that inventory disappearance was a glitch.. everything except my nokia-x was gone.. now everything is back.. :)

Epic.

IpHnoUe.jpg

Back