For those about to rock...

^^ have you tried it with ipod or any mp3 players, atleast with a mp3 cd in your DVD player, if so, how does mp3 s sound??

I don't use mp3 players. I've been playing mostly CD's but I have tried some 320kbps MP3s - it will definitely be better than the average 128kbps MP3 quality, but you simply can't beat a CD.

RiO said:
I don't use mp3 players. I've been playing mostly CD's but I have tried some 320kbps MP3s - it will definitely be better than the average 128kbps MP3 quality, but you simply can't beat a CD.
Yes, CDs are always CDs. I am not comparing CDs with mp3, what I meant to ask is will mp3 players connected to your setup, sound better??

I don't use mp3 players. I've been playing mostly CD's but I have tried some 320kbps MP3s - it will definitely be better than the average 128kbps MP3 quality, but you simply can't beat a CD

Don't worry, 320kbps MP3s channelled through a good quality D/A converter sound as good as CDs played through a mid-end CDP connected to the same Amp..
Think Someone (Maybe Zhops or Chaos ) had a M-Audio USB D/A converter up for sale

post some pics of your set up already :p promusic here doesnt have stock of wharfies at the moment :(

bottle said:
post some pics of your set up already :p promusic here doesnt have stock of wharfies at the moment :(

ahhhh ..... so its u who is getting the next set ...... me wanty a demo when u get it :D

Sure bottle, my cameras are not with me so no pics until next weekend when I get one of them back - by that time, I will have bought stands too...

wow great speakers :O

good buy i must say

iam drooling but luckily iam a headphones guy as iam shy to listening music on speakers :p

now finally your whole rig is top class except the sound card

update your rig gallery too ;)

Thanks, but dude the M-AUDIO card I had totally rocked - don't undermine it without using an M-AUDIO product ;) I got rid of it only because it doesn't have EAX support which I require for my gaming, primarily Quake 3 and 4 :D The last thing I wanted to do was add another soundcard and keep switching between the two... I found a solution for my recording, so I don't need the M-AUDIO anymore ;)

EDIT: Safin ought to make you mod for the rig gallery, you're reminding everyone to update their rigs in a timely manner heh.

RiO said:
Thanks, but dude the M-AUDIO card I had totally rocked - don't undermine it without using an M-AUDIO product ;) I got rid of it only because it doesn't have EAX support which I require for my gaming, primarily Quake 3 and 4 :D The last thing I wanted to do was add another soundcard and keep switching between the two... I found a solution for my recording, so I don't need the M-AUDIO anymore ;)

EDIT: Safin ought to make you mod for the rig gallery, you're reminding everyone to update their rigs in a timely manner heh.

it was sold that is why I said except the sound card :)

i know the M-Audio was great & i had kinda anticipated why you had sold it ;)

me rig gallery mod :eek:hyeah: :D :yahoo: that would be great :)

i visit the rig gallery every 2 hours :p

congrats rio...that's a nice buy for the price...

@ how's the bass?? Is this setup much better than say an mx5021? what about highs? Would they outperform music wise? sooo many queries sooo sorry but I'm planning for a stereo setup for my tiny mumbai place too and was wondering if these will suit...

once again congrats!! :hap2:

yup congrats on ur purchase..

smhow i was avoiding this post thinkin that its gonna be related to some silly stupid concert .. :p (dunno hw and y that came to my mind..)

bt the moment i saw the pic of the speakers.. i was like.. HEYYYY .. arent those wharfeys... i had read abt them and liked them too ..

Waiting for pics of ur setup and some reviews.. (i kno u wd be ovr the moon and say these babies rock etc.. bt no probs .. i ll be waitin for that anyways :D)

Congrats once again ..

Back