Car & Bike Formula 1 2012 Thread

Work on sunday
<
,that's bad.Make a pit stop for a race.
I am working today. Will miss the action. damn. Live streaming is blocked at my workplace.

Good to see Schumi qualify 3rd. Malaysia is hard on tyres and Mercedes struggles with tyre wear so I except them to slip backwards as the race progresses but Schumi has been making excellent starts for a while. If he can get a jump on the McLarens and hold them there then it would be interesting.

Vettel will start on hard tyres. Kimi's penalty moves him to fifth which means he is on the racing line (provided there is no rain till the start of the race) he some grip to compensate the compound difference between him and Webber to some extent. If he gets a better start than Webber and tucks in behind the McLarens who get bottled up behind Schumi then it can play out in Vettel's favor. He can have a long first stint and then have soft tyres for later stints.

Mercedes claimed they have resolved tyre wear issue.. Lets wait and watch.. Vettal would be a good watch with different strategy.. No hope from anyone else.. KIMI might surprise us..

Badly want to be a rain filled race, just to see schumi in action similar to 2001 Malaysia grandprix
<

I am working today. Will miss the action. damn. Live streaming is blocked at my workplace.

Don't miss the race.. It's gonna be legen... wait for it.. Legendary
<

@sunny - Try http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/

Last week that was how I followed qualifying. Pretty much like cricinfo with comments and everything though it can get boring. Haven't seen a race on it though.

Livetiming not as good as TV Broadcast, as F1 is always an action packed entertainment.. Could be only used if everything else fails
<

what about the wing controversy with Mercedes?

Also have Mclaren made some new innovation / Modification on wing while DRS in ON F-Duct I guess?

Rains, Red flag & its just 9 Laps god knows what next at Sepang

Man awesome race, Perez did blew up his chances of 1st ever Pole Pos. but I guess he learnt from his mistake now.

Good Race for Sahara Force India too, both drivers in Top 10

I thought Perez would win. What a guy... good car too. I dont know what was on his mind when he made that ugly turn
<
<

Alonso was good from beginning

Vettel blows his tyre
<
(whose car was that ? karthikeyan ?) and does not care about whats on the radio who are saying to retire his car for a single point. Point can make a difference

Someone Please tell Hamilton how to reduce gap timing
<

No word to describe this race.. Reminded me of last year Canada Grad prix (up all night just to want it get started
<
)

Driver of the day : Perez (obvious choice i guess)... Also wonder how Alonso won with that Ferrari
<
.. Maybe i will be his fan soon if he race like this.. Massa, i guess ur day with ferrari is over..

Another disappointing day for Mercedes.. Hope they will come back with strong Technical team.. Long week ahead before next grandprix.. Another unlucky day for Schumi in the first corner with Roman

Lewis - What are you smiling at ? Maybe you came ahead of Jenson
<

Kudos again to KIMI.. Amazing show
<

Poor Maldonado - Again out at the penultimate lap..

The Nature swung it for Ferrari otherwise that ferrari would even have been lapped by Geoffrey Boycott's MUM
<

and spare of thought for Massa who actually drives like Boycott's MUM!

Fernando winning was a nice surprise.

But, can't help but think if Alonso was gifted the race victory.

Perez was doing well all afternoon. Didn't put a foot wrong and was catching Fernando before the pitstop and continued to do so after the pitstop until that call from warning him to save the car and lookout for turn 1,2 & 3.

Within a lap of that call he missed the braking point and went wide.

We all know Toro Rosso is Red Bull's sister team and the Toro Rosso drivers are not allowed to fight them for position. Is Sauber the same for Ferrari?

Perez has been rumored to be a replacement for Massa at some point. Do the coincidences end here or is there something more?

----

Maldonado drove a good race but was unlucky. Narain made his presence felt. Kimi was there somewhere. Mercedes drove backwards...

Steve Slater is annoying - Enough with the Ice Cream jokes.

Fernando winning was a nice surprise.

But, can't help but think if Alonso was gifted the race victory.

Perez was doing well all afternoon. Didn't put a foot wrong and was catching Fernando before the pitstop and continued to do so after the pitstop until that call from warning him to save the car and lookout for turn 1,2 & 3.

Within a lap of that call he missed the braking point and went wide.

We all know Toro Rosso is Red Bull's sister team and the Toro Rosso drivers are not allowed to fight them for position. Is Sauber the same for Ferrari?

Perez has been rumored to be a replacement for Massa at some point. Do the coincidences end here or is there something more?

----

Maldonado drove a good race but was unlucky. Narain made his presence felt. Kimi was there somewhere. Mercedes drove backwards...

Steve Slater is annoying - Enough with the Ice Cream jokes.

The radio transmissions we hear are delayed transmissions and not live. So, it wasn't necessarily within a lap. Also, his mistake looked genuine. He almost hit the gravel. Lastly, it wasn't his only mistake. He went off track earlier in the race too! I really doubt that Alonso was "gifted" the victory! I think the management was only trying to tell Perez to be cautious and that they'd rather take 2nd place than risk getting no points by fighting for the win. They would have lost out on millions.

For me, the driver of the day was Alonso. The conditions helped him. The performance gap between the front runners and Ferrari was lessened thanks to the conditions. At the end of the day, the Sauber was faster, but Alonso kept his cool and drove a flawless race. Perez unfortunately blew his chances with a faster car and lost out on a potential race win!

Back