PC Peripherals Fortron Source PSUs in India!!!! TE, make it happen!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please come back to me for all your final decision on buying which power supply. And, we will have to prepare a lot of administrative procedures, before you get the products. Please conclude this request on Monday July-18-2005.

As I informed, this is special support for friends from Bangalore-IT.COM. Normally, it will be difficult to make the products available to India from Taiwan when demand is less and no local distributor out there.
I am sorry for this. But, please make your statistical demand of which type of power supply you need.

Alan
FSP GROUP

Hi, TechHead,

AX500-A's maximum continuous power rating of power supply is 460W at 25℃, then derate of 2.5W per ℃ from 25℃ to 50℃.
Could you be more specific of your input filter ratings? Normally, AX500-A accepts voltage from 207Vac to 253Vac (+/- 10% of 230Vac). It should be informative to you of idea of how power supply accept input voltage range. But, if you're talking about input filter, it's not related, because there is EMI filter composed of X-Cap, Y-Cap and Chokes together to form EMI filter for reducing conducted EMI polution to power system.

FSP-Alan Lin said:
Will check for a.) input filter rating, b) derating values of watts above 30 degree Celcius
Alan
FSP GROUP

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 3:41 PM
To: Alan Lin
Subject: RE: RE: Input Filter Rating: AX500-A

Dear Alan,

1. I guess the “input filterâ€is what we said “Inlet Socketâ€. The rating of our Inlet is min. 10A/250V, and our input rating of AX500-A is 6A/220-240V~. 2. Yes, please find below which I copy from our specification.

Best regards,

Chow

SPI Electronic Co., Ltd of FSP Group
No.22, Jianguo East Road, Taoyuan City,Taiwan, R.O.C.

FSP-Alan Lin said:
Hi, TechHead,

AX500-A's maximum continuous power rating of power supply is 460W at 25℃, then derate of 2.5W per ℃ from 25℃ to 50℃.
Could you be more specific of your input filter ratings? Normally, AX500-A accepts voltage from 207Vac to 253Vac (+/- 10% of 230Vac). It should be informative to you of idea of how power supply accept input voltage range. But, if you're talking about input filter, it's not related, because there is EMI filter composed of X-Cap, Y-Cap and Chokes together to form EMI filter for reducing conducted EMI polution to power system.

Then, the power supply might be your good choice.

Model FSP550-60PLN
part number 9PA5500202
Input range Full range
90~135Vac
180~265Vac
PFC Active PFC
Fan ball bearing
FF EPS12V
Watts 550W
System dual CPU
+12V1 18A
+12V2 18A
+3.3V 27A
+5V 29A
-5V 0.3A
-12V 0.8A
+5Vsb 2A
Fan size 8CM
Cable Harness
24pin M/B *1nos
8pin CPU *1nos
AUX *1nos
4pin CPU *1nos
SATA *2nos
IDE HDD *5nos
Floppy *1nos
Environmental Requirement
*Temperature Range
550W Operating, 0 ~ +30℃
500W operating, 0 ~ +50℃
Storage, -20℃ ~ +80℃
*Humidity Range
Operating, 5 ~ 95% RH, Non-condensing.
Storage, 5 ~ 95% RH, Non-condensing.

deejay said:
Hi Alan,
Firstly i ordered the fortron groups psu (3 units , all for my own use) without checking the details as i know the quality of your products.
about the input filteration, let me put it this way the quality of power in about 95% of our country is very "Dirty".
Brownouts and Surges are the norms. most of our industrial units and sub-stations do not have adequate or appropiate power factor correction capacitors and since our electric grid is interconnected the input mains power is extremely "jerky". sagging or brownout is more prevalent then over-Voltage. voltage droping to 200V AC or less is very common for extended period of time.
Not only the voltage varies a lot but the frequency (rated 50 Hz) varies a lot too.
Also most of us use our m/c's at an ambient average temp of 35C to 38C. with high humidity to make the matters worse. and many of the users do not have proper "earthing / grounding" of the mains power lines.
NB: the power position in cities like Banglore, Delhi, Chennai, Pune etc... is comparitively and relatively good. i am based in Mumbai where the power position is world class. but the vast majority of our people live in semi-urban and rural areas where lies the future world market for pc hardware. (just like in China).
Hence the quality of the X2 rated input filter caps, and the coils, surge supressors should be extra heavy duty for Indian sub continent. regulation and post regulation components you guys are the best judge and am sure you would be using the top rated parts as the name and reputation you have earned proves that.
The reason i am posting this long post is that we need good quality psu's in our country, especially for fast rising enthusiast community. We do not want you to be just satisfied by these small , sample orders. but we want you to be a bigplayer in the main stream indian market. How you achieve that is ur co's business policy but you should not ignore a market potentially 2~3 times bigger than Europe.

Sunny, count me in too for the PSU, leaning towards the AX500-A.
Edit: Changing my mind after reading the specs to FSP550 :)

Hi, Sunny, please provide the link to the electrincal and mechanical specifications of the two power supply models, FSP550-60PLN 9PA5500202, and AX500-A 9PA5000100.
So that the whole visitors of this topic can have access to the technical information, and resolve the doubts immeduately.
you can reply by providing the links to the spec.

Alan
SPI means:
Servie Promptly
Price Competitively
Innovate Constantly

YOu could go to www.imageshack.us and upload your photo there.

once done, copey the 2nd link u get on the resultsing page and paste it in your reply. The photo will show up as a hyperlinked thumbnail :)

After seeing the specs i have also decided to go in for Fortron FSP550-60PLN over AX500-A sunny please take a note of this...

Well seeing that the 550W has an active PFC and 8pin EPS, seems like its a better deal. Count me in for the 550W(FSP550-60PLN) as well.

JediMaster, sure, you and yuor friends are all welcome to Taipei in Taiwan. But, no PCI-Express connector is available this time. you can buy one in India. It should be no problem.

Chaos said:
Count me in for the 550W(FSP550-60PLN) as well.

time to edit ur siggy i guess.. out goes the TP.. in comes the FSP.. ;)

FSP-Alan Lin said:
But, no PCI-Express connector is available this time.

Hi Alan!

Sunny, in the other thread (http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5663) has mentioned that the Fortron FSP550-60PLN 530W has the following:

PCI-E Power connector - 1

Thats was one of the main reasons I am considering the above model. But you say here that, that model doenst have a PCI-E conenctor. did i miss something here? Or, should I ask sunny to edit his post, as it is misleading?

Sunny , Kindly post the final price of both the psu's.after factoring in the various duties, levies, shipping cost etc...

and i hope the fortron co. makes it a good deal for us.

Dear The Mask,
Sunny is correct in his posting. But, I told Sunny that time, only one FSP550-60PLN is with PCI-Express connector--the only stock in Taiwan. But,in FSP China factory, there are more stocks, but that model, FSP550-60PLN is another part number.It's still the good choice to buy FSP550-60PLN by this part number, if you download and read the spec of AX500-A (part#9PA5000100), and FSP550-60PLN (part#9PA5500202) in the following links.

Dear all friends
While reading this thread, please download and read the specifications for detailed electrical and mechanical information of the AX500-A and FSP550-60PLN. The available part numbers for the two models may not be the same as you see on the internet. Please use the specification attached for basis. The future shipment will be based on the specification here.

Specifications of AX500-A can be downloaded at
http://www.techenclave.com/out.php?url=www.techenclave.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1025

Specifications of FSP550-60PLN can be downloaded at

http://www.techenclave.com/out.php?url=www.techenclave.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1026

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back