PC Peripherals Fortron Source PSUs in India!!!! TE, make it happen!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is Alan Lin from FSP GROUP headquarters, Taiwan http://www.fsp-group.com.tw I registered in this forum becasue I discover that many friends like you in India have strong need for good and correct power supply for your overclocing professional system.
Regarding the issue, of heavy duty input filter for Indian local poor power qualtity, can you explain more detail? Is the quality of power system in India fluctuating frequently and much beyond out power supply's input range and specification?
Please advise.

deejay said:
1 550W and 2 460W ones...Confirming.
But kindly post how much will be the final cost.??
Who will be actually importing it .??
how much time since we make the advance payment will we receive the psu ?? 1 month ....6 weeks etc....
Ask them to send units which have a good and heavyduty input Filters for our Indian conditions. (high humidity , high temps , lots of power fluctuations.... )
ps: on Next Tuesday or Wednesday my Antec TPII 550W will arrive along with a few more goodies .....Hopefully.

Ack! Good customer service already!

Alan, there are quite a few places in India where the power supply quality is not of the highest quality. What are the power supply input filter ratings? What caps are you using for regulation?
Also, what derating at temps > 30 degrees C are you providing?

Hi alan. Thanks for registering. Our workplace has FSP(rebadged as Aopen) power supplies in HCL server systems that we procured recently. I must say they are excellent performers with good line regulation and work without any issues. Thats how sunny came to know about FSP too. There is quite a bit of power fluctuations that happens in India. I checked the specifications of the Blue Storm PSU. (180-264V) I guess that should be good enough to take care of Indian conditions. As I stated... I've been using FSP since the last 8 months or so in my servers so I believe it shouldnt be much of a problem.

I talked to Sunny, that FSP currently has no direct branch office in India, although in 2004 Bangalore-IT.COM FSP had participated in the trade show to feel the passion from India users. Just explained to Sunny, that every piece of power supply before shipment, will be tested and verified the functionality. And, it's very costly, to do overseas warranty. So, the current business model is that FSP is doing large scale OEM with local India system integrators, like HCL Infosystems, Wipro, HCL Peripheral, VXL, and so on. The warrantee model is FSP will quote the cost of adding extra 1% of total shipped quantity as service warranty. And, all the repair and service will be done by local India system Integrator. FSP provides no further warranty. As you know, most India markets want very cheap power supply models, so, they will purcahse more to do service and warranty under reasonable failure rate. So, perhaps, you can purchase more spare and send the power supply to your local service shops for repair.
But, FSP seldom service end-users, only OEM customers, because it would be more cost effective. So, if you like FSP power supply, and wish to avail you with it, please help Sunny to get more order quantity, Normally, FSP won't accept quantity less than 50pcs. But, this is special support. So, please try to gather more end users this time. I think ATX12V version 2.0 for Intel LGA775 Hyperthreading or Intel Dual core, or AMD Athlon64, FSP is one of the good choices, although FSP has slow pace in India Market Development.
I will wait and see until Monday how many power supplies are needed.
The delivery by airfreight is rapid, I think within 1 week after shipment, you will get the goods in Mumbai, India. But, a distributor would be required as represented window for you to register in FSP as unified customer entity, due to financial and accounting requirement.
Any question, please talk to Sunny so that he could check with me. And, it's more effective!

Alan Lin
FSP GROUP
Quad Master said:
Are they giving us warranty on there PSU , dont mind even if its Taiwanese.

TechHead said:
Ack! Good customer service already!

Alan, there are quite a few places in India where the power supply quality is not of the highest quality. What are the power supply input filter ratings? What caps are you using for regulation?
Also, what derating at temps > 30 degrees C are you providing?
Will check for a.) input filter rating, b) derating values of watts above 30 degree Celcius
Alan
FSP GROUP

Chaos said:
Hi alan. Thanks for registering. Our workplace has FSP(rebadged as Aopen) power supplies in HCL server systems that we procured recently. I must say they are excellent performers with good line regulation and work without any issues. Thats how sunny came to know about FSP too. There is quite a bit of power fluctuations that happens in India. I checked the specifications of the Blue Storm PSU. (180-264V) I guess that should be good enough to take care of Indian conditions. As I stated... I've been using FSP since the last 8 months or so in my servers so I believe it shouldnt be much of a problem.
thanks for your comment. I personally visited HCL Infosystems in Pondicheery, India after 2004 Bangalore-IT.COM. And, I checked that AOPEN buys our FSP460-60PFN with AOPEN label in a Chenbro SR-107 server chassis for HCL Infosystems. I think FSP460-60PFN is an active PFC (power factor correction) with full range voltage input (100Vac ~ 240Vac) to acknowledge all voltage fluctuation in India, providing stable power conversion capability. But, AX500-A is like the blue storm power supply, with 12cm quiet fan and passive PFC, operated at 230Vac input voltage range. But, AX500-A is the new upgrade version from FSP400-60THN-P in the blue strom series. The blue color is for the retail market in Europe customers. Basically, AX500-A if without blue paint has the same performance.

Alan
FSP GROUP

SunMysore said:
Woohoo!!!!!

After hearing from Chaos that FSP-460W wasnt available here, I mailed to FSP-Group in Taiwan...and wotta reply did i get :D

the photo in the screenshot was taken by me, during my visit to BangaloreIT.Com 2004. I was literally, drooooling over the 550W PSUs kept there....I asked them when they were coming, I was told that they were searching for a disty.

This is a screenshot of the mail i recieved...

w00t :clap:

They are asking if we can find a disty who can buy 50 pieces at once...if anyone knows about it pleeease contact now!!!!

EDIT : Have contacted them for the Pricing, so please guys wait till tomorrow...
SPI Electronic Co. Ltd, is the company name registered in Taiwan, as headquarters of FSP GROUP
Fortron Source - A brand name of FSP GROUP in Europe
Sparkle Power - A brand name of FSP GROUP in USA
For Global offices of FSP GROUP, please see http://www.fsp-group.com.tw/english/05_global_office/global_office.asp

ABOUT FSP GROUP

FSP Group is a leader in the power supply industry in Taiwan and one of the top manufacturers in the world. Since the company¡¦s establishment in 1993, our outstanding management team has drawn together our R&D expertise, our sizeable production capacity, outstanding product quality to consistently excel in this competitive marketplace.
Data utilization and system integration: Successfully launched our enterprise resource planning (ERP) project to raise employee work efficiency and improve corporate intercommunication. We have also introduced a B2B e-commerce system that reduces manpower, time and costs and provides our global customers with the best service system to strengthen company competitiveness.
Future Outlook: FSP Group will use our sharp market insight to strengthen our product depth and range. We will seek out opportunities to cooperate with major international companies, rapidly accumulate international experience so our company can open new horizons in the power supply marketplace.

Headquarters Taiwan
Date established 1993
Capital US$26 Million
2001 Sales US$167 Million
2002 Sales US$188 Million
2003 Sales US$190 Million
2004 Sales Forecast US$227 Million
Major products
PC / Industrial Power Supplies
ODM or OEM Power Supply
Open Frame
Adapters
Inverters
Quality certification ISO 14001 & ISO 9001

Hi Alan,
During your visit to HCL at Pondicherry, did you happen to meet anyone from the HCL Peripheral Division (or HCL PD as it is usually referred to)? Coz, HCL PD deals with peripherals.. They might be interested in selling 'branded' HCL PSUs :D

TheMask said:
Hi Alan,
During your visit to HCL at Pondicherry, did you happen to meet anyone from the HCL Peripheral Division (or HCL PD as it is usually referred to)? Coz, HCL PD deals with peripherals.. They might be interested in selling 'branded' HCL PSUs :D
Well, I did not meet any one from HCL Peripheral during my visiting HCL Infosystems. I think they are two different companies. But, I do know an official from HCL Peripheral during 2004 Taipei Computex, one of the world's largest Exhibition Events, like Cebit, Hannover. But, HCL Peripheral is only buying Open Frame Power Supply for her thin-client system from Gigabyte. We design the power supply. I'm not sure if HCL Peripheral can help that. Thanks for your question.

Alan Lin
FSP GROUP

HCL PD is a subsidiary (of sorts) of HCL Infosystems i think.. (not sure though).. but they are independent.. suppose any HCL Infosystems regional office wants to procure something from HCL PD, they have to 'buy' it.. so, u can call them as 2 seperate entities i guess..

HCL PD mainly deals with peripherals such as monitors, networking products et al. HCL Infofystems deals with providing complete systems and support..

I had wanted a Fortron PSU way back in 2002, when i first read a review of many PSUs at Toms Hardware.. but sadly the 'best' thing i cud find out was a Zebronics 500W PSU :D

Hi Alan

Its a pleasure to have you here on this forums.

For a enthusiast PC user there arent many choices for us like there are in other countries like US or UK where there are plenty of options in every hardware that is available to build a complete system.

Also good brands are a bit overpriced here where as they are sold at a much cheaper rate in US or UK.

So it leaves us with very few options to select from.

[Guys correct me if i am wrong]

Also wanted to ask is the "Blue Storm" Version available in the AX500-A Series as Sunny told me that we will be getting only Grey colored AX500-A PSU's.

Also wanted to ask can we get a Taiwan warranty , suppose if anything goes
wrong and its still in the warranty period and beyond repair here atleast we
can send it back to you in Taiwan for repair or replacement.

Also if FSP plans to sell its product later in India will we be able to redeem the warranty here.

WOW!!!

This sort of a response has almost convinced me to buy FSP... But no cash :cry: :cry: :( :(

NExt time, I may.....

But nice work Alan.... keep it up..... nice to see someone taking such an interest.....

Your company will prosper with people like you and you deserve a raise..... :hap2::hap2:

Hi Alan

Nice to see you stop by here ! Been in Taipei once on a stop-over from LA-Honolulu-Tokyo-Singapore - nice greenish mountainous view from air :) !

OK ! just a quick one on the FSP550-PLN EPS12V psu. This one comes with a 8-pin ATX12V connector I assume. The DFI motherboard, in particular, has provision for a 4-pin slot only. Is it possible to fit the 8-pin into the 4-pin socket neatly with a 4-pin overhang ?

Thanks again for your interest and response !

Hey Alan , am mighty impressed ! . You treat your customers with great respect no matter how important they are to you business wise . Thank you and best of luck in India.

Then, please hold on to this chance and check with Sunny for what you want in this purchasing opportunity.
Alan

TheMask said:
HCL PD is a subsidiary (of sorts) of HCL Infosystems i think.. (not sure though).. but they are independent.. suppose any HCL Infosystems regional office wants to procure something from HCL PD, they have to 'buy' it.. so, u can call them as 2 seperate entities i guess..

HCL PD mainly deals with peripherals such as monitors, networking products et al. HCL Infofystems deals with providing complete systems and support..

I had wanted a Fortron PSU way back in 2002, when i first read a review of many PSUs at Toms Hardware.. but sadly the 'best' thing i cud find out was a Zebronics 500W PSU :D

Normally, the power supply is under warranty of at least 18 months. But, considering the delivery cost, it will be enough to but another one. FSP is providing warranty of course, but, you should consider the cost to send the power supply to FSP Taiwan. And, FSP Taiwan would repair if they receive the products from India, but I think the delivery cost is too high for the customer.
Another alternative or solution, is that find some one in your community who will travel to Taiwan by tourism, then this person can bring to FSP for service if it's within warranty period. then, bring back after repair. I think FSP can accept this. But, one traveler can only bring one luggage with maybe 10pcs PSUs max. Or, find some airfreight schedule, and ship yuor PSUs with other big quantity airfreight delivery. It can save more cost. But, will have to communicate clearly with FSP QA.
Quad Master said:
Hi Alan

For a enthusiast PC user there arent many choices for us like there are in other countries like US or UK where there are plenty of options in every hardware that is available to build a complete system.

Also good brands are a bit overpriced here where as they are sold at a much cheaper rate in US or UK.

Also wanted to ask is the "Blue Storm" Version available in the AX500-A Series as Sunny told me that we will be getting only Grey colored AX500-A PSU's.

Also if FSP plans to sell its product later in India will we be able to redeem the warranty here.

I belong to overseas OEM department, that's why I offer grey version of AX500-A, but, the retail version of AX500-A belongs to the sales of FSP other department, but they are not doing India market. Bsides,the cost will be more expensive as you know the paint increase the cost.

Quad Master said:
Hi Alan

Thank you. I love making friends. Hope I can do something to bring products and services to India friends and end-users.
Alan

Nikhil said:
WOW!!!

This sort of a response has almost convinced me to buy FSP... But no cash :cry: :cry: :( :(

NExt time, I may.....

But nice work Alan.... keep it up..... nice to see someone taking such an interest.....

Your company will prosper with people like you and you deserve a raise..... :hap2::hap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back