Front loading or top loading washing machine?

Just to ask and clarify my doubt.....the spin mode as i have seen in top loads is not dry mode right and is there same spin mode in front load also or not? Cause i will be looking for non dryer front load washing machine this sale season.
If you mean Spin only mode then its there in some front load machines (check the manual) and as a hidden trick on my LG

This will not completely dry the clothes. So like your top loader.

Only a washer/dryer (2 in 1) has this ability. You can't miss it because they cost more than a washer only.

Last edited:
If you mean Spin only mode then its there in some front load machines (check the manual) and as a hidden trick on my LG

This will not completely dry the clothes. So like your top loader.

Only a washer/dryer (2 in 1) has this ability. You can't miss it because they cost more than a washer only.
Need spin only mode, Rest clothes can dry outside.
Don't need a proper dryer

This seems like a solid machine overall but that full dryer mode takes 9+ hours, LoL! Overnight job it seems. Otherwise the wash modes and 80% normal dryer looks good. The wash options are all customizable as well. I'm quite liking this.
Wash + Dry mode more or less takes similar time on combo machines, also the wash load limit is less if you run in this mode.

You can choose customised dryer run, when run separately after a wash mode. We usually use the low heat drying mode that's easier on clothes and takes 2.5 hrs for the cycle.

LG's biggest mechanical advantage over competition is their direct drive motor.
Just to ask and clarify my doubt.....the spin mode as i have seen in top loads is not dry mode right and is there same spin mode in front load also or not? Cause i will be looking for non dryer front load washing machine this sale season.
Spin mode used centrifugal force to dry the clothes. Tumble dryer uses hot air to dry clothes.

Problem I have run into is this:

All most all the washing machines from Samsung are being sold by a seller on Amazon called "Dawntech Electronics Private Limited". This seller, even though the delivery is Amazon/ Prime Fulfilled, has abhorring ratings as can be seen here:

Dawntech Electronics Reviews - Amazon

It's seriously making me turn to Flipkart (assured) for ordering the machine. Those ratings of the above seller as well no technicians turning up for installation is scary and risky.

If you have a dryer, it's better to separate the types of clothes for drying. Make the first run with polyester/ nylon or mixed type clothes where the %tage of cotton is less than 40%. These types of fabrics dry in less than 30 minutes. Cotton is heavier and takes time to dry so put it in round two. (Disclaimer: This is how we used to do when we had a dryer, now we don't have one. Don't ask why.)

If you have a dryer, it's better to separate the types of clothes for drying. Make the first run with polyester/ nylon or mixed type clothes where the %tage of cotton is less than 40%. These types of fabrics dry in less than 30 minutes. Cotton is heavier and takes time to dry so put it in round two. (Disclaimer: This is how we used to do when we had a dryer, now we don't have one. Don't ask why.)

Now that you said not to ask... I must ask... WHY, oh why don't you have a dryer! Hehe...

I'm still deciding and readin/ watching reviews on these two machines:

Samsung 9 kg - WW90T4040CB1TL

Samsung 9 kg, 5 Star, Eco Bubble Technology, AI Control , Wi-Fi (WW90T504DAN1TL)

I'll decide by tomorrow on one and pull the trigger. Must get it setup by next week.

I'm liking the one in the 2nd link more:

Samsung Washer Dryer Washing Machine How To Use Guide (Video)

Samsung AI Smart Things Washing Machine Setup (Video)

Last edited:
Back