Fuel price updates thread

Re: Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

As the prices are decontrolled. So, the subsidy govt. used to provide is now zero.

Hence, whenever there is rise in crude oil prices, the Oil companies starts putting pressure on the govt. to let them hike the price.

Since there is zero subsidy on petrol, the price increase is borne directly by the consumer.

That is the reason govt. faces the brunt.

whenever there is rise in crude oil prices, the Oil companies starts putting pressure on the govt. to let them hike the price.

but when the prices fall i guess the government forgets to dec the prices:mad:

simple logic they increased when barell was high so that they wer not suffering losses but never dec so inturn they were making huge profits they why they increasing again guess they dont want to let go of the huge profit they making:mad: and a** saying they suffering loss bs!!!!!!!

hhhclihh said:
whenever there is rise in crude oil prices, the Oil companies starts putting pressure on the govt. to let them hike the price.

but when the prices fall i guess the government forgets to dec the prices:mad:

simple logic they increased when barell was high so that they wer not suffering losses but never dec so inturn they were making huge profits they why the fk they increasing again guess they dont want to let go of the huge profit they making:mad: and assholes saying they suffering loss bs!!!!!!!

^^ Language... Language... :|

Just read it in TOI and Oil Companies want Rupee 2 hike in petrol price . I am in Chandigarh and we are already paying 67,it might touch 70 soon and i am expecting it to be like 73-75 in next 6 months .
The article also mentioned that Hindustan Petroleum gave vent to the demand of state-run oil marketing firms for a Rs 2 per litre hike in petrol prices.I wish if i had all my cars running on Diesel .

Problem main is HPCL.Their balance sheet turned quarter from quarter from 2000 crore rupee profit to 3500 crore rupee loss .And they know only thing in their hand is petrol.Government has done a background planning.Play with petrol as much as you want.But dont touch diesel ,lpg and kerosene much or touch them only once a year.

They saying to increase price of diesel.But elections are due in many states they wont touch it.Plus inflation is still out of hand.Food inflation figure last time was 11%.WIth a Re 1 rise in diesel surely it will hit another 1%.

CNG is different story as its still not in main term of use so no one cribs about it much.

One thing i have learn is government is doing right thing in sense now ill start doing exercise and will be buying bicycle next month for travel or short distance and putting car aside for family use.

Fenix said:
Just read it in TOI and Oil Companies want Rupee 2 hike in petrol price . I am in Chandigarh and we are already paying 67,it might touch 70 soon and i am expecting it to be like 73-75 in next 6 months .
The article also mentioned that Hindustan Petroleum gave vent to the demand of state-run oil marketing firms for a Rs 2 per litre hike in petrol prices.I wish if i had all my cars running on Diesel .
Its even worse here in b'lore.

already 75/lit.

BTW, diesel car owners can't enjoy much after the 2012 budget. Govt. is planning to impose more tax on diesel cars and there won't be any subsidized diesel for cars.

Can someone suggest me Authorized Dealers for CNG kits in NCR :p I don't think driving a car would be a feasible option for me anymore if there is another price hike :(

Roxtin said:
Can someone suggest me Authorized Dealers for CNG kits in NCR :p I don't think driving a car would be a feasible option for me anymore if there is another price hike :(

I already thought that over, and according to my friend, its not a good thing to do on my old 800. ;). Guess a bike is on the cards next then :p

ramanujpatro said:
BTW, diesel car owners can't enjoy much after the 2012 budget. Govt. is planning to impose more tax on diesel cars and there won't be any subsidized diesel for cars.

Sounds all good and dandy! How they will implement it is a big question! It's certainly not going to be easy!

They should just raise it to RS. 100, and leave us at peace for next couple of years.

Pat said:
Sounds all good and dandy! How they will implement it is a big question! It's certainly not going to be easy!

Yes. Let's see how they implement it and how fair it will be.

Increasing the tax on diesel cars is possible. As far as the price of diesel goes, the government can't increase it by much since that would have a ripple effect on the prices of almost everything. And supplying non-subsidized diesel for cars, I don't see how they are going to implement that!

Roxtin said:

start using a cycle beech.. :p

^ Chandrababu will be one happy man! Wait a min, doesn't Mulayam also have a similar one?

id7nv5.jpg

These petrol hikes are killing,now i see the funny side-

1.petrol price is stealing everyone's sleep. I think the business of sleeping pills gonna get high.:p

2.Wife:let's go to some rich place

Husband: well lets go,get ready?

we will go to petrol pump.;)

3.this hike in petrol price has actually made no difference to me...i wasn't able to afford it earlier and the story still remains the same...!!

Another blow to our wallets! Time to place the govt on the firing squad.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Reduce taxes on petrol or no vote next time.

In theory atleast, whats wrong with the following scenario?

a) Remove ALL subsidies and taxes on petrol and diesel

b) Due to high Diesel rate, retail prices go up

c) High retail prices compensated to a large extent by lower Petrol prices for most households (over long term: 8-10 years or so)

d) Loss of govt. income compensated by increased amount of sales taxes since they are charged as a percentage, and when the price goes up, so will the taxes

e) Without the mess of taxing something to subsidise something else and then taxing the subsidised item again, the system will be more efficient, lesser overheads so the tax revenue will increase even more.

Back