Full form of hp= Harassment Packard

Hi,

In the recent sales my cousin purchased a HP Pavilion 15-ec2004AX laptop from Flipkart https://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilio...-15-ec2004ax-gaming-laptop/p/itm98c94bbf9bc20 As per Flipkart's website, it is having an on onsite warranty support, PFA

The hinges, when open and closed, are making a screeching sound. We called their tollfree number to raise a complain. Unfortunately they said that this laptop has an offsite warranty and that we will have to take this laptop to the service center. Flipkart assured us before the purchase that this laptop has an onsite warranty. Anyways requested her to check again, then she said that warranty as per her software is saying offsite warranty whereas as per the website https://support.hp.com it is showing onsite warranty. Shared the video with them twice, first they said to compress it because they won't accept videos above 25mb and afterwards they said that that video quality is not good. Anyways have shared again. They won't accept videos uploaded to any cloud website btw.

This model is a HP Pavilion 15-ec2004AX but on support.hp.com the model number is wrongly mentioned as HP Pavilion 15-ec2000. PFA

HP Pavilion 15-ec2004AX has purple backlit but the one shown on the website has green backlit. Is this the reason why it is showing offsite warranty in their system? Now we cannot dispute the warranty as per this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516 Does this mean this?

note:
If the dispute link does not display, the product might be a commercial product, which cannot be disputed online.
How can this product be a commercial product if it is used at home? They are wasting time about the hinge issues. For the wrong model, they are saying sir warranty active hai tension nahi lene ka. WTF.

Is there any escalation mail id of this pathetic company available anywhere?
@Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @t3chg33k @lockhrt999 @OMEGA44-XT

Last edited:
Raise issue with FK.

I bought Lenovo Y500 almost 9 years back from FK which had 2 year warranty on website. I got 1 year warranty, after talking to FK & after some time, it got changed from Lenovo to 2 years.

This model is a HP Pavilion 15-ec2004AX but on support.hp.com the model number is wrongly mentioned as HP Pavilion 15-ec2000. PFA
This might be source of your troubles. How did you register for warranty in the first place? By providing serial number on the HP website? If you provided serial number and if the HP website recognized it as a wrong model then the it's the problem with HP. You need to convince the customer care of the HP that your laptop model is different and the serial number was mapped to a wrong model.

In windows world, companies make millions of combinations of Laptops with different ram capacity, cpu or in your case, different keyboard backlight. These companies however don't make dedicated support pages for every laptop they sell. I hate this thing.

You should raise an issue with consumer portal that way you'll get faster resolution.

Flipkart rarely delivers on 7 day replacement request.
It's a real pain in butt but we have to keep them pushing.

Raise issue with FK.

I bought Lenovo Y500 almost 9 years back from FK which had 2 year warranty on website. I got 1 year warranty, after talking to FK & after some time, it got changed from Lenovo to 2 years.
FK is saying that they did open box delivery and about onsite we can show their product page link to hp.
Raise issue with consumer portal and share on HP India handle.
Link of consumer portal? Their twitter handle sucks, we are looking into this from the past 5 days.
why WARRANTY CLAIM instead of 7 days replacement request?
Because open box delivery, the product was fine as per FK when they delivered it. For any other issues we need to contact the service center.
This might be source of your troubles. How did you register for warranty in the first place? By providing serial number on the HP website? If you provided serial number and if the HP website recognized it as a wrong model then the it's the problem with HP. You need to convince the customer care of the HP that your laptop model is different and the serial number was mapped to a wrong model.

In windows world, companies make millions of combinations of Laptops with different ram capacity, cpu or in your case, different keyboard backlight. These companies however don't make dedicated support pages for every laptop they sell. I hate this thing.

You should raise an issue with consumer portal that way you'll get faster resolution.

It's a real pain in butt but we have to keep them pushing.
It got auto registered via hp support assistant. Can't find a link to buy the wrong model which is HP Pavilion 15-ec2000 anywhere. The last agent said that this is displaying because 2004 belongs to the family of 2000 series. We told him that 2000 is a separate model, then he went on to ask his supervisor and disconnected the phone. Lenovo's cs is a trillion times better than them.
Link of consumer portal?

Just a quick note that HP support website doesn't list individual detailed model number like my pavilion dv0054tu just matches dv0000 for things like drivers and BIOS etc. dv0000 is the model range and dv0054tu is the specific model number for silver colour india market IINM... dv0053tu is some other colour of the same spec model, similarly.

To which ministry does this complain needs to be referred to? This is a useless website https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/
Just a quick note that HP support website doesn't list individual detailed model number like my pavilion dv0054tu just matches dv0000 for things like drivers and BIOS etc. dv0000 is the model range and dv0054tu is the specific model number for silver colour india market IINM... dv0053tu is some other colour of the same spec model, similarly.
They do mention the model sepecifically for other laptops in the same series like 2008, 2150 etc. Moreover 2000 is a separate model.

Registering a complaint here has worked for the most of us.

HP finally gave a DOA letter for the multiple issues in the unit. How? I will explain later. Need urgent urgent help. They have told to connect to Flipkart and get the same replaced from them. They have mentioned the same thing on the DOA letter. On FK unfortunately there is no option for replacement, only refund. Their cs is also saying the same. Their cs said to contact hp to get the same replaced from their store. The customer support without even looking at the DOA asked us how can we prove that the DOA letter is from hp. But we cannot contact the hp doa team as they are not in office right now. Their tollfree number is useless. Today is the last day to raise a return request on FK. So, we selected return but as per fk they have assigned a technician visit by 10th july and return will be done by 25th july. I think they are just delaying it so that return can be cancelled somehow. Is it possible that hp will allow it to get it replaced from some of their store? AFAIK the replacement is only possible from the point of purchase. What is the highest escalation mail of flipkart?

Last edited:
The laptop is out of stock on flipkart that's why you aren't getting replacement. So return > refund only.

Is it possible that hp will allow it to get it replaced from some of their store?
I don't think that's possible while you have return window available on flipkart.

So, we selected return but as per fk they have assigned a technician visit by 10th july and return will be done by 25th july.
Open the return request anyway. As far as I can see, this is your only option today. If you miss the window, you can't do anything. Open the return for now and then ask HP tomorrow if they can replace the laptop at HP shop. You can close the return if your issue gets solved from HP end.

The laptop is out of stock on flipkart that's why you aren't getting replacement. So return > refund only.

I don't think that's possible while you have return window available on flipkart.

Open the return request anyway. As far as I can see, this is your only option today. If you miss the window, you can't do anything. Open the return for now and then ask HP tomorrow if they can replace the laptop at HP shop. You can close the return if your issue gets solved from HP end.
It is in stock on Flipkart.

HP finally gave a DOA letter for the multiple issues in the unit. How? I will explain later. Need urgent urgent help. They have told to connect to Flipkart and get the same replaced from them. They have mentioned the same thing on the DOA letter. On FK unfortunately there is no option for replacement, only refund. Their cs is also saying the same. Their cs said to contact hp to get the same replaced from their store. The customer support without even looking at the DOA asked us how can we prove that the DOA letter is from hp. But we cannot contact the hp doa team as they are not in office right now. Their tollfree number is useless. Today is the last day to raise a return request on FK. So, we selected return but as per fk they have assigned a technician visit by 10th july and return will be done by 25th july. I think they are just delaying it so that return can be cancelled somehow. Is it possible that hp will allow it to get it replaced from some of their store? AFAIK the replacement is only possible from the point of purchase. What is the highest escalation mail of flipkart?
Take refund from FK if that option is present. Seems simple enough.

To which ministry does this complain needs to be referred to? This is a useless website https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

They do mention the model sepecifically for other laptops in the same series like 2008, 2150 etc. Moreover 2000 is a separate model.
I have had every issue resolved till date using NCH. Sometimes you have to raise a follow-up to the first complaint if there is no response, however every time someone from the escalation team of the merchant makes contact to resolve the issue.

Take a refund dude do not delay at all and rush to nearest Croma, Vijay sales or Reliance digital or even HP world and buy from them, complete peace of mind and no more flopcart crap!

@OMEGA44-XT @nRiTeCh @Kaleen Bhaiya @lockhrt999

Flipkart is next level, received a call from their laptop team. They said that we haven't sent them the DOA letter. We have sent it like 10 times on mail. Anyways they again asked for the letter and told us to reply on the mail which they will send. Didn't receive any mail from them but received a message on phone action required: we are waiting for details from your side and it comes with a link. That link opens up Help Centre and we can see the agents mail asking for photos but there is not way to reply them. What nonsense is this? Delaying tactics from flipkart? How to reply them in the help centre itself? Their telephonic support is horrible, filled with pan masala eating people. No sense of talking. When asked why is the technician visit scheduled for 10th July, they replied system decides it. HP is asking us to getting the unit sealed from them so that they are done with this. Suppose they seal this unit and then Flipkart's technician comes for a visit somehow then how will things go ahead?

@t3chg33k
User specific it seems. This is from some other issue escalated to them

NCH Agent Remark : The grievance was taken up with the company by NCH but
company has not responded on the grievance. In the absence of suitable/
acceptable redressal by the company, you may file a case at the
designated Consumer Commission from a place of your convenience,
offline. For more information, please visit
http://www.ncdrc.nic.in/districtlis...ml
For online filing of cases at Consumer Commission, you may visit
https://edaakhil....in and follow the process described step-by-step
on the portal after confirming that the concerned State has launched
the e- filing portal. For more information, please visit
https://edaakhil.nic.in/edaakhil/faces/login...ml
Facility of hearing over video-conferencing is also available as per
provision Section 38 (6) of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provided
that the District Commission may, on sufficient cause being shown, and
after recording its reasons in writing, allow the same.
Cases filed in the Consumer Commissions are attempted to be disposed off
within a period of three months from the date of receipt of notice by
the opposite party where the complaint does not require analysis or
testing of commodities and within five months if it requires analysis or
testing of commodities as mentioned under sub-section (7) of Section 38
of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.

Back