Gaming Hour Record!!!!

Longest single sitting for a game: 12 Hours odd for a 4 vs 4 multi-player session of Age of Empires 2.The game dragged on till the entire map was flattened for resources.

Longest time for a single game: 38 hours odd for a 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 game of age of empires 2 in a resource rich custom map. The game had to be saved and completed in 6 sittings.

Shortest sitting to complete a game: 4 hours for COD 4.

Longest sitting to complete a game: 10 hours odd for Rainbow Six : Vegas 2

ahem.. all u super crazy people out there.. this has to be one of the most insane threads ever.. people i hope u know guys have died after playing fr 12+ hrs.. n here u are playin 30 hours at a stretch... my personal comments would be.. GET A LIFE YOU BUZOS!!....

n yea guys remember gaming is to relax n have fun.. n getting your eyes red n burning isnt really fun.. so DONT TRY WHAT THESE IDIOTS DID AT HOME!!!

Saiyan said:
^Its not that people play for 30hrs+ often. Happens very rare, nothing wrong in it.

+1
and since for me it was kind of part of my work it was not a waste of time(and money;) ) :)
i almost got my hands on a ps2 for free for it(sad story:( )

Speedz said:
DONT TRY WHAT THESE IDIOTS DID AT HOME!!!

that's very harsh!!.

As already Saiyan told this is rare and happens generally when you get the nerve of the game and have lots of time to kill.

Even I am thinking to upgrade my Rig to play all new releases, hope the share market gets stable soon

More than 24hrs..It was Age of Empires 2..

That game was very very addictive..

Actually it was my first time in hardcore gaming..

Since childhood i loved video games, but all i got was tetris and 1001 in 1 game packs..:(

But wen i took AOE from a friend, It was bliss..I finished the campaigns in record time..And then setup games against me and the comp..

Was soo much fun..miss those days:(

ive played GTA Vice City for around 15 hrs.. i guess i ve played many stratagy games in the past for nearly as long as 15- 20 hrs straight.. .. heh those were the golden days.. now days its so hard to get even few hrs for gaming :( .. oh btw.... i do remember..that i had see around 130 episodes of Naruto at one go.. hehe i guess it was around 35 hrs plus or something... i remember that being the most insane thing.. other than being awake for 3 straight days during my exams .. now that i think bout it i guess i was insomniac back then.. LOL :)

Seeing some of the replies, I should mention that my 43 hours comprised of two breaks for potty (10 min average), eating was mostly done in midst of game (chips, biscuits, vada pao, rolls, liquids like milk, shakes etc).

It was done because I was challenged to play the whole game without dying, without cheat-codes, If I die I lose the bait. What started as simple bait turned into ego-maniacal frenzy and I decided that I won't leave unless I finish it. That how 43 straight hours happened. In those 43 hours 5 guys took turns to keep an eye on me (in case I cheat or die).

Won the bet - 200 rs.

Food cost - 350 rs.

Drinks cost - 150 rs.

Smokes - 40 rs.

Feeling of kicking someone's ego in balls - priceless!!

^^sweet

mine was a competition at work. first guy to finish(get to lvl 10) gets a ps2(the client wanted the support from US and india to get to know the game better) I couldn't start with everyone as I had exams. I started 8 days later and I was quite behind. did a 3 day stretch and came in second 2 hours late :( if only i could have held on a for a couple of hours more. I survived on chocolates(I still can't believe i ate so much ) and nut crackers lol.

considering i take care of my health well, 70 hours did not harm me much. about 24 hours sleep took care of it

personally i think if someone falls sick after playing for about 12 -15 hours "once a while" they need to seriously take care of their health in general

Ahem Ahem . This is 'NOTHING' .

People have DIED [ yes , died ] playing World Of warcraft for 3 to 4 days @ A stretch ..

Sources -

Man Dies From Playing World Of Warcraft

Man Dies From Playing World Of Warcraft

Girl dies from playing WoW

Girl dies from playing WoW - Zerogamers

Two Fanatic World of Warcraft Gamers Have Died Because Of WoW

Two Fanatic World of Warcraft Gamers Have Died Because Of WoW - Are there more to come? - Softpedia

Only Some people here have played 50 hours + but seriously , don't do that again . Play for max 6 hours and then sleep . Your eyes will get dry [ same as mine :( ] , and you MAY die or fall ill .

The eye doc told me if i didn't stop doing PC too much , i won't be able to do Computer Engineering or anything related to it , though i still game alot but max 6 hours , though played Fable day before yesterday for 12 hours :p .

Blink your eyes alot , wash them and look @ a distance after every hour of rigorous gaming .

ROCKFELLA said:
When did u do potty? are u including that too? :rofl:

Well said :lol:
I went up 4 times from the sit for lunch,dinner and pie and potty :bleh: . Now don't ask when :rofl:

No I didn' t include that. Had I included that then it would have been 32 hrs. :tongue:

Back