Gaming Hour Record!!!!

OK records :

31 hrs of Age of Empires 2: aok - 2002 :eek:hyeah:
20 hrs of Doom 3 : 2006 :S
~19hrs Of POP WW 2006
~15hrs Of POP T2T 2006 :bleh:

now it takes me a couple of days (its taking me weeks for grid:mad: ) to finish a game but cant do em at a stretch:ashamed: growing old i guess :huh: .

^
Disclaimer : apart from POP WW i did go occasionally to the loo for break in those four.( i guess free form fighting halts my metabolism)

speedfreak said:
U wont believe this:crazeyes:
There was one guy whom i knew back when i played RO .He was completely out of his mind.Game cafe was like his permanent home.I rem one time he stayed in that cafe for 6 days.Just imagine how did he manage to eat drink sleep inside the cafe.Its like pushing ur body to the limit. RO and WOW guys are insane:crazeyes:

have to beleave ......after i have to beleave ppl die playing GAMES n forgetting other things .
6 days in game cafe !!! ......so then he might be getting hand over some snaks.....but waht about loo ,poo
n his PARENTS ????? ....i guess he then lives diffrent frm. parent for studies .

i beleave.....MAN can survive without food for a month or more .like many of NATIONAL LEADERS did .
but in gaming .......they are dealing with high heart beats rates , other abnormal things (i guess)....so can't survive for too long(case with S.KOREAN)
lord_shrex said:
now it takes me a couple of days (its taking me weeks for grid:mad: ) to finish a game but cant do em at a stretch:ashamed: growing old i guess :huh: .

gorwing OLD @ age 20 :huh:

[quote name='Sudarshan_SMD']have to beleave ......after i have to beleave ppl die playing GAMES n forgetting other things .
6 days in game cafe !!! ......so then he might be getting hand over some snaks.....but waht about loo ,poo
n his PARENTS ????? ....i guess he then lives diffrent frm. parent for studies .

i beleave.....MAN can survive without food for a month or more .like many of NATIONAL LEADERS did .
but in gaming .......they are dealing with high heart beats rates , other abnormal things (i guess)....so can't survive for too long(case with S.KOREAN)

Yep he was studying here in bangalore ,for poo he used the public toilet:S

12hrs straight :S
Day before yesterday CS1.6 online 10pm to next day 10am. I was at home enjoyed, the game. One reason for me playing so long is that I played very noob at the begining. Any CS 1.6 guys online player?

I never like anything else other than CS and Age of Empire series.... but do you know that a gamer died Korea or Japan playing game, kudos he forgot to eat... lol

my previous records:

NFS 5 : 23 hrs with few breaks :)

AOE II : 20 hrs without break

Doom I : 12 hrs without break

Tomb Raider V : 16 hrs with breaks

crazy kart : 10 hrs with breaks

Cadillacs n Dinosaur(mustafa): 25 hrs with breaks [ completed more then 12 times without even dying once ] :D

minesweeper : 6 hrs w/o breaks [ its Minesweeper] :S

mario[my 2nd game]: ~ 16 hrs

IIRC the longest I must have played might be for Quake 4 - completed that in 2 sittings on normal difficulty and the second sitting was the longest that spanned about 7 hours on a Sunday.

It was the second year of my graduation, came home for the weekend from college, rented the game from the video library on a Saturday evening, completed the game, returned back the DVD on Sunday evening and caught the 6:15 PM bus for college. Those were the days lol.

True that Gannu. :)

As I mentioned earlier in this thread.... those were days, where playing for over 24 hours was hardly anything, now it's hard for me to sit over 5 hours playing. Even I wonder at myself, for pulling off 43 hours at Quake2 back in the days... then again, Quake2 was legendary in those days. I still remember playing the demo from PC-Quest CD over and over again, till I actually got my hands on the full game.

Plus, truth be told... in those days, the game releases were not so many so a great game would stand out more. Nowadays there are so many games and the max you get is a "good" game. Nothing groundbreaking in true sense. Sure, some are more technologically advanced than others and some have better gameplay than eyecandy. But it's hard for a truly rocking game that gets you hooked to come by (not counting the mmorpgs, which I still don't understand the appeal of).

The last, really long session I must have sat for would be Gears of War (PC)... I think about 8-9 hours in Insane Mode. Recently I've been clearing by backlog, and played Crysis (finally), Crysis Warhead, FEAR2, Batman AA (going on)... but nothing over 2-3 hours at the max. In fact, I think I must have played Braid longer than these (brilliant game that one is).

My longest session would be...umm...oh yeah, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men completed in one sitting. Took me close to 6 1/2 hours, but was completely worth the time. :D

10+ hours of CS 1.6 .. from 9pm to 8am (almost) every days for like 2 weeks. Some AOEII session in between .. :)

Vacations at college hostel .. we refused to go home becoz of the LAN :D

Good 'ol days.

now after 40mins of CS .. my fingers start to hurt .. :(

so mostly stick to consoles.

iGo said:
then again, Quake2 was legendary in those days. I still remember playing the demo from PC-Quest CD over and over again, till I actually got my hands on the full game.
Quake 2 OMG!

I recall I happened to get the demo of Q2 with the Chip CD once and it had just the first chapter but without the chaingun. And the uber noob I was at that time, I thought the demo was unplayable because the moment you click the icon, there was this computer generated player which guides the protagonist through the level and I just kept staring at the display. Then one fine day I pressed Esc. key and BAM came the menu! I was like WTF!, this demo is fcuking playable! Played that demo a gazillion times until I got hold of the legit copy of Quake 2 when I visited Bombay. Visited loads of shops and finally got the copy for 699/- from Satyam Collection IIRC. And this was in 2000.

First legit copy of a game - Quake 2. :D A friend borrowed the game and never bothered to return it back. :(

Back