Budget 21-30k Gaming rig for 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor

hm.. :23:

I like the looks of CM enforcer and the red LEDs too.. However I thought it would be better than the 400r for the extra price.
If it's not even as good as the 400r, I guess I have to wait and buy the 400r. Enforcer looked like a premium case.
@ALPHA17 - In what way is the 400r better than CM storm enforcer ? Looks like the CM's build quality is also better than 400r.

I researched to see some comparison between the two and reviews like Benchmarks for other components , but of no real help.

Last edited by a moderator:
hm.. :23:

I like the looks of CM enforcer and the red LEDs too.. However I thought it would be better than the 400r for the extra price.
If it's not even as good as the 400r, I guess I have to wait and buy the 400r. Enforcer looked like a premium case.
@ALPHA17 - In what way is the 400r better than CM storm enforcer ? Looks like the CM's build quality is also better than 400r.

I researched to see some comparison between the two and reviews like Benchmarks for other components , but of no real help.

Better cable routing cutouts and bevelled interiors. Cleaner layout and more fan mounting options.

Filters are easier to remove and clean in Corsair cabinet(s) than their Cooler Master contemporaries because in the former they are outside and can be slid out whilst in the latter they are sandwiched between the cabinet and the components, so to clean the filter you have to break down the RIG.

What makes you say that the Cooler Master is better built than their Corsair compatriots?

Also the Corsair Carbide offers 2x USB 3.0 forward port(s) while the Enforcer offers only one.

So it is your call. The Carbide is cheaper to import and overall a better package, if you want LED's inside your cabinet spend a little extra and outfit the case with fans of your favourite colour, simple.

Better cable routing cutouts and bevelled interiors. Cleaner layout and more fan mounting options.

Filters are easier to remove and clean in Corsair cabinet(s) than their Cooler Master contemporaries because in the former they are outside and can be slid out whilst in the latter they are sandwiched between the cabinet and the components, so to clean the filter you have to break down the RIG.

What makes you say that the Cooler Master is better built than their Corsair compatriots?

Also the Corsair Carbide offers 2x USB 3.0 forward port(s) while the Enforcer offers only one.

So it is your call. The Carbide is cheaper to import and overall a better package, if you want LED's inside your cabinet spend a little extra and outfit the case with fans of your favourite colour, simple.

Hm.. I just like the looks of the enforcer with it's usb port design and the power button :D

CM Storm » Products: Enforcer

It has 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports in the front.

However , if I have to open the cabinet to clean the filters , I'll buy the 400r. I have never opened a cabinet / done any kind of hardware related to computers
And the 400r has lots of air vents in the front and sides while the enforcer has only in the top and the front is also closed.

But I like the CM Enforcer's looks.
Such a tough decision :23:

It has 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports in the front.

However , if I have to open the cabinet to clean the filters , I'll buy the 400r. I have never opened a cabinet / done any kind of hardware related to computers
And the 400r has lots of air vents in the front and sides while the enforcer has only in the top and the front is also closed.

Yeah it does, my bad. So it is your call in the end.

Do not fall for looks only, think about practical features.

P.S. -- I have the STORM Scout, one of the Enforcers predecessor (which is being given a over-haul) and it has poorer airflow. No qualms in admitting that I have.

How is NZXT phantom 410? Same price as CM enforcer.

One In 15: Picking An Overall Winner : The Final Five: Gaming Cases Between $80 And $120, Rounded-Up

Is this case not popular in India? No one has recommended this anytime in the build process ?

It is as expensive as the Enforcer, there is a better product below it called the Carbide 400R so you cannot expect it become more popular than the latter-most offering.

Also its plastic construct makes it very conducive to fingerprints and dust.

Dust will also enter through those unsecured mesh-ways very easily.

One important issue with Corsair 400R is, directly in front of the front intake fans is the wall of the HDD cage, which cannot be moved around / replaced / rotated. Severely blocks front air intake, and doesn't even let that air flow on the hard drives, but cools the silly HDD cage. Saddens me to see the 2 included front fans wasted.

500R fixes that problem, so ...

Okay... I'll order it online wait for it to arrive. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :D Corsair 400r it is.

Thanks again @ALPHA17 :D

- - - Updated - - -

One important issue with Corsair 400R is, directly in front of the front intake fans is the wall of the HDD cage, which cannot be moved around / replaced / rotated. Severely blocks front air intake, and doesn't even let that air flow on the hard drives, but cools the silly HDD cage. Saddens me to see the 2 included front fans wasted.

:no2:

This is what an Indian reviewer has to say about the Carbide 500R
Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Case Review- Hardware BBQ

To sum it all up, the case is weak, especially in the rear panel. You will not get that “wobbly” case once the case is filled up with your system configuration.

I haven’t taken a look at the 400R yet, but if its the same case design and built quality I am very disappointed on the 500R because it commands an extra premium.

One In 15: Picking An Overall Winner : The Final Five: Gaming Cases Between $80 And $120, Rounded-Up

In this review , the NZXT Phantom 410 is the overall winner ??
CM enforcer is in 2nd place and no mention of the corsair 400r even after that??
am I missing something??

Tomshardware recommends the NZXT 10 phantom over the Corsair 400r ??

I really like the looks of the Phantom 410 Gun Metal editon too. :D I'm ok with it being a bit plasticky. I'm not going to move it or even touch it after I place it in my room and the Gun Metal does'nt look like it's plastic at all.

Looks like the Corsair 400r does'nt have side and top air filters too.

Cons of Corsair 400r :
# Lack of dust filter/cover on the left side panel and on top optional fan mounting areas

Cons of NZXT Phantom 410 :
# No dust filters for the front intake and side panels
# Rubber grommets for cable routing come off easily
# Drive caddy design obstructs 90 degree power and SATA cables when a 2.5" drive is installed } Don't really know if these 3 cons will affect me in anyway
# Fan Controller Leaves Behind A Glut of Wires If You Are Not Using It

Hm.. I wish I could add filters to the Phantom 410 like adding extra fans :D

Great, so Corsair has important issues in both 400R and 500R. Other companies seem to have better options in this budget.

Actually apart from the front fan issue (poor design), the Corsair 400R is a pretty solid piece of kit and I would support it over its senior sibling.

Guys, I have decided to buy the 400r :D
I have also decided to add a graphic card for ~5K (I'll add a HD7850/7870 after 3-6 months).
Please suggest the best 1 in the that range. It should have dual link DVI port to support the Korean monitor (I guess all cards have it).
I have the HD 6670 in mind. Do I buy the DDR3 or DDR5 model? 1GB or 2GB model?
Theitdepot - Graphic Cards
Looks like DDR5 memory clock is 4000Mhz compared to 1600Mhz in DDR3 and a Display port which is absent in the DDR3 model. Difference is 1K. How will having a display port help me? Is it worth the 1K difference for 6 months?
Dealer told me the difference is 1K. Also if there is a better card in the same range please tell me.. even if it's from Nvidia :)

I will be using a Benq G222HDAL 1920x1080 monitor (I'm having right now) and a 2560x1440 monitor (which I'll be buying next month) for work. Will play games in the 1920x1080 till I get HD7850/7870.

Actually apart from the front fan issue (poor design), the Corsair 400R is a pretty solid piece of kit and I would support it over its senior sibling.

Yes, but this recent trend of rotating the HDD cage is intentional crippling of the cabinet. Many people will not notice that and buy the cabinet. Almost 420. Most cabinet manufacturers seem to think of it as a feature rather than a design problem, because relatively higher end cabinets have this. By voting with wallets, we need to make them aware that we notice this cheap trick of theirs - they can claim to support longer graphics cards without much extra material used in making longer cabinets.

Anyway, rant over, happy purchasing godmode

Guys, I have decided to buy the 400r :D
I have also decided to add a graphic card for ~5K (I'll add a HD7850/7870 after 3-6 months).
Please suggest the best 1 in the that range. It should have dual link DVI port to support the Korean monitor (I guess all cards have it).
I have the HD 6670 in mind. Do I buy the DDR3 or DDR5 model? 1GB or 2GB model?
Theitdepot - Graphic Cards
Looks like DDR5 memory clock is 4000Mhz compared to 1600Mhz in DDR3 and a Display port which is absent in the DDR3 model. Difference is 1K. How will having a display port help me? Is it worth the 1K difference for 6 months?
Dealer told me the difference is 1K. Also if there is a better card in the same range please tell me.

Stick to the AMD HD6670 1GB card with GDDR5 memory on it. It will perform a little better than the GDDR3 memory based card. Display Port is supposed to succeed HDMI in the future, when this happens I know not.

I think a HDMI connector on a dedicated graphics card will be better than a dual-link DVI port for powering your monitor. (@cranky correct me if I am wrong).

About gaming with this card, you will be able to play most of your racing simulators on low -->medium details on 1080p.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Stick to the AMD HD6670 1GB card with GDDR5 memory on it. It will perform a little better than the GDDR3 memory based card. Display Port is supposed to succeed HDMI in the future, when this happens I know not.

I think a HDMI connector on a dedicated graphics card will be better than a dual-link DVI port for powering your monitor. (@cranky correct me if I am wrong).

About gaming with this card, you will be able to play most of your racing simulators on low -->medium details on 1080p.

Thanks @ALPHA17 . So I should connect the Korean monitor to the HDMI port instead of the Dual link DVI port in the graphic card and the 1920x1080 monitor in the VGA port of the CPU right?

So I should connect the Korean monitor to the HDMI port instead of the Dual link DVI port in the graphic card and the 1920x1080 monitor in the VGA port of the CPU right?

No.

Connect the HDMI / Display Port connector to the 27" panel as for the 1080p monitor can fall back onto the graphics cards DVI port.

No.

Connect the HDMI / Display Port connector to the 27" panel as for the 1080p monitor can fall back onto the graphics cards DVI port.

Okay thank you. Next post will be with pics of my beast when I finally bring it home :yahoo::1ign2321318::1ign26::31c3520f:

Back