God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

Wasn't Chains of Olympus it's prequel? ;)

Anyway, Gannu you haven't played the first 2 parts right? About time you get the God of War collection and please send the game out tomorrow. I'll have my weekend free for it. I'll be done with Uncharted 2 on Friday (hopefully!). Nothing will stand in the way of God of War. Can't believe the game which I got the console for has finally released. :eek:hyeah:

Some things that really stood out in the game was scaling those gigantic levels such as the Labyrinth and Gaia, amazingly rendered videos with surreal textures, enemy AI, boss battle fights etc. I had a real tough time with the last boss himself that I had to switch to the easy mode to win the fight. The graphics although wasn't as good as Uncharted 2 IMO.

I need to give it a second shot once I'm done with BBC 2.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Anyway, Gannu you haven't played the first 2 parts right? About time you get the God of War collection and please send the game out tomorrow. I'll have my weekend free for it. I'll be done with Uncharted 2 on Friday (hopefully!). Nothing will stand in the way of God of War. Can't believe the game which I got the console for has finally released. :eek:hyeah:

Ha I completed it sometime back! Refer my previous posts in this thread. :bleh:

Sushant gave me one of the 2 copies he had preordered from some site abroad. :p

Indeed Chains of Olympus was a prequel but sadly limited to the PSP. Friend has the title. Would be playing it sometime.

Just wonder whether they should have brought PSP Version to PS3 also with GOW Collection.

finished. I hope everyone does not finish the game right after the cinematic. Wait till after the credits roll.

^
Ha ha yes but in any case he's just dead. There's no way he'd survive a second stab from the blade of olympus! :p

Dada did you take a day off today? :p

No off today, have to go to work. I start in the afternoon always.

Not sure he is dead. You dont get to see his body only the trail of blood that goes off in to the sea. Also they have kept a possibility for another game with Athena still alive.

Just got the game in the courier. I am currently playing Fable 2 on 360, so I will resist the temptation to play this before I am finished with Fable 2.

SharekhaN said:
No off today, have to go to work. I start in the afternoon always.

Not sure he is dead. You dont get to see his body only the trail of blood that goes off in to the sea. Also they have kept a possibility for another game with Athena still alive.

Quite possible. Shit no one can ever replace Kratos.

^You are not able to pull the right tricks or the difficulty settings are high or you cannot just kill him LOL! :p

Instead of button mashing while at the receiving end, ensure you parry a lot and evade the attacks. Hades was pretty easy IYAM. I had a tough time with the big Z that I had to switch to easy settings. :ashamed:

Are you done with part I of the battle? Or are you still in the same arena you were when the battle started off?

Done with Part I of battle , saw some videos and found that i was no way blocking any attacks will try the level again

^In which case you need to keep delivering the attacks and swing to the back side instantly using the hooks on either side before Hades starts crushing the ground with both his hands.

I had to try a couple of times before I got this right.

Is that the second part ? i'm at a point where kratos pulls the muscle from hades

^Oh LOL you are still at part I of the battle which's what I asked you before. :p

Kratos pulls a part of his flesh from the chest and he tries getting it back. You are supposed to kill that piece and not let him acquire it. Just do a cyclic whip to avoid the hands and it might as well throw the flesh far from Hades. Do that a couple of times.

And it's pretty easy to avoid the chains which spawn after this - watch out for the unshaded bright portion on the right-hand side corner of the map when the place becomes dark and stand there. For the next time, stand at the left-hand side corner.

Ok, I am finished off with Fable 2 and started playing GOW 3 today. The action is epic, but I have to say that I am not really impressed by the graphics. I have expected way more than this. This should have been at least on par with Uncharted 2 considering its a first party title. The titans show scale, but there is not enough detail in the rendering. The only time I see detail is during certain quick time events.

It seems to me that they sacrificed a lot of detail to keep the frame rates near 60 FPS. Still its way better looking than any thing I played on the 360.

Back