God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

^

GOW 1+2 = 8+16! (well, almost)

@memnom: I have put my GOW collection for sale on some forums, but yet to do that here.

I think I'll need to post 5 times or something like that.

^

Actually I want to place my offer here also but those rules say that I have to make 5 posts. :S

So, does it mean that I have to buy 5 items as well?

Er, sorry for asking this stupid question, but I'm confused. :ashamed:

From IVG

Just heard that Sony would be giving dedicated PSN India and Collectors Editions games in India. Wow

Reached the Flames of Olympus, saved the game and turned off the ps3. The battle with Hades was so brutally satisfying. The full version is 100 times better than the demo. GOW3 rules.

Btw, PCSX2 has now achieved 100% perfect emulation of GoW1 and GoW2 without the need for a godly CPU (even a 5200+ will play them perfectly :D).
Nice chance for PC gamers who never played the games.
Screenshots of GoW2 running at 1280x720 4xAA on an A64 X2 5200+ and 9600GT:

^WTF! :O

Graphics look almost okayish compared to the PS3 remastered version if not any bad! Nice man. If only you could grab a copy of GOW3 or worst case, drop in at Surat for the weekend. :p

saumilsingh said:
Btw, PCSX2 has now achieved 100% perfect emulation of GoW1 and GoW2 without the need for a godly CPU (even a 5200+ will play them perfectly :D).

Awesome! I'm gonna play em soon. :D

saumilsingh said:

Is that on your rig or taken from the PCSX2 forum? Also what frame rates are we talking here?

EDIT: OMG! It's true. I was able to run Devil May Cry 2 and WWE Raw V/S Smackdown 2008 @50fps with the latest PCSX2. Must say it's been a major leap. Now to get hold of my old God of War DVDs to try them out. Paaji thanks for the update.

Those aren't my screenshots, I found them on the NGEmu forums. But I know for a fact that it works.
Even Shadow of the Colossus is perfectly emulated :).

Finished the game just now! :hap2:

I don't know why many guys are saying that the end wasn't good.
I think it was the perfect end.

People, I guess, were expecting some twist in the tale which never came. :p

Waiting for GOW4! :cool2:

saumilsingh said:

Thanks for the update, will cetainly try out my huge PS2 collection on PC (Dvd's were just lying in the corner since I sold my ps2:p)

Also is it able to emulate multiplayer split screen games such as Burnout Series, NFS Series etc?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Did you wait till the sequence after the credits? ;)

Yes, I did actually. :p

Don't know where can they go from here.
May be send Kratos to Egypt for kicking TutenKhamen's ass! :hap2:

I hope someone can lend me their GOW III game alongwith their PS3 as well. :(

Need to bug a few friends now and see. lol

deaddevil said:
Also is it able to emulate multiplayer split screen games such as Burnout Series, NFS Series etc?
This is pure hardware emulation. Everything a real PS2 can do, this will do, at the cost of raw CPU cycles.
As an added benefit, you can take advantage of your PCs capabilities and apply stuff like AA and advanced 2D filtering techniques.

I'm into the second play-through. Playing it real slow so I can cherish the memories of this game for a lifetime! :D

Just done with the game. Believe it or not, I'd a reserve of 58k+ orbs after having maxed all powers. And the first time, I missed out on 160 odd orbs! Wonder how this happened! :S

Btw did anyone notice why Elijah Wood was given a special thanks credit in the Voice talent? :p

PS: Those of you who are wondering how I completed it that fast looking at the post time, I'd started the second playthrough by Saturday evening. :p

Have all you guys completed the Challenges of Olympus?
I'm having a hard time getting stoned! :ashamed:
Others were pretty doable.

Back