God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

^Spot on dude!

I got it till 8 on 10. Those armored cyclops were spawned and the satyrs and the cyclops owned me! Having a hard time doing this. Tried more than a dozen times. :ashamed:

Btw the easiest turned out to be Simply Smashing! i.e breaking the urns. Just walk around and smash each urn in one strike. Might sometimes strike 2 at once so that being a bonus. Don't waste time on combos.

As for El Matador - Ole, use Li + O and grab and smash each minotaur out of the arena. Use L1 + [ ] when the soldiers turn up. For the final round which will spawn 3 minotaurs and the minions combined, use the Rage of the Gods and use the Sword of Olympus to glory and finish the mission.

Knockout is fairly easy. Before the cyclops starts spawning, go to the back of it, use the L1 + Triangle combo to start striking it before it starts spawning and ensure that Kratos climbs it by the 45th second and start the rage! Don't use heavy attacks, instead, use swiping attacks to wipe the floor. Takes a couple of tries.

Hades' Kids is easy as well. Jump and use L1 + [ ] and repeat it several times before the cyclops gets a chance to hurl the ball at Kratos. Repeat. Parry.

Population control - well this challenge is probably for n00bs and dimwits alike! Use the cestus and make sure Kratos covers the entire circumference of the arena.

Bare hands might take more than just a couple of tries. When the 2 stone talos and the 2 minions spawns, grab one and ram them into the talos. Repeat. On the 50th second, when the armored cyclops arrives, it's even easier! Use the same technique. He wouldn't probably get a chance to hurl the ball at Kratos if done right! Repeat. And never use the QTE to finish the talos or cyclops - doing so only wastes time! You can as well knock them off the arena - happened to me rarely though.

Any other mortal who successfully completed Get Stoned level? :p

Also one other thing that seems to be the hot topic of discussion all over the net is about The Other One (to whom Zeus refers in his chat with Gaia during the boss battle, as a potential substitute for Kratos).

The potential answers given by many guys include following:

Ares (because he is the only other God of War in the whole series :cool2:)

Kratos' Brother (the one who never materialized except in that teaser video in GOW1 :p)

Hercules (because he's also Zeus' son and hence Kratos' brother :tongue:)

Athena :)S)

^It was that Kratos' brother's voice which was handled by Elijah Wood. When Kratos falls into the dark pool in the climax sequence, his brother says something (can't recollect those words). :p

Alright, I just completed the last challenged i.e Get Stoned. It turned out to be pretty easy when I knew the trick! :p

Here's what to do - when the gorgon stares at you, instead of waiting to get stoned, just press L1 and use Kratos' golden fleece and DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON THEY SHOW ON THE SCREEN AFTER THAT (If you do that Kratos will reflect the stare back to the creatures!) When this happens he immediately becomes a stone and mash the left analog stick left, right, centre and come back to normal. Repeat this. When the satyrs are spawned, keep parrying and don't bother attacking it. That's just a waste of time and health.

Yay! Got another gold trophy! :D

Muhahaha just completed the 1000 hits combo as well! :devil2:

This video tells you how to get it the easiest way!

[youtube]qk2E0Nnp_Vg[/youtube]

I am trying the game on the Hard setting now :(

Seems to be very tough. I barely managed to kill posieden :p

Reached Hades place now. Don't know how far will I be able to make it.

LOL I don't want to try Titan mode. I'm going to be butchered by big Z! :p

Not that it's all that hard. The golden rule stands - practice maketh a man perfect! Just need to time those combos and parry along.

^

Actually I knew that method for 1000 combos but its pretty tedious.

I was trying it in Tartarus Pit but got bored and hung up and just killed all of them the normal way.

Anyway when I get that urge to add one more trophy to my collection then I'll surely do it!

And, congrats on getting, err, stoned!

Desecrator said:
LOL I don't want to try Titan mode. I'm going to be butchered by big Z! :p

Not that it's all that hard. The golden rule stands - practice maketh a man perfect! Just need to time those combos and parry along.

Actually its more than that. While playing in the Titan mode, I am realizing that there is one best way to kill every type of enemy. Not that you can't kill them the way you wish, but sometimes things get damn easier when you do them in a particular way.

I'm in a garden, the one after you get the nemisis whip. I think i'll nail my second platinum in this game. My last one was Uc2.

I finally managed to reach Hades Temple, while in the Titan mode. Things are getting tougher :( It will be a challenge to beat the game in this difficulty level.

^Dude I thought you'd have finished it and must have posted about the same. LOL sorry to hear that. Yeah it has got to be hard to finish Zeus. Good luck!

Desecrator said:
^Dude I thought you'd have finished it and must have posted about the same. LOL sorry to hear that. Yeah it has got to be hard to finish Zeus. Good luck!

Are I finished it re.....on easy and normal difficulty level. Trying it now on the Titan level.

LOL I knew you must have done it on the easier modes already duh. Quite obvious since you were done with the GOW collection already. In fact any noob could do that with a lot of button mashing TBH!

Why did you not try the God mode then? Did you just skip that and try Titan instead?

Desecrator said:
LOL I knew you must have done it on the easier modes already duh. Quite obvious since you were done with the GOW collection already. In fact any noob could do that with a lot of button mashing TBH!

Why did you not try the God mode then? Did you just skip that and try Titan instead?

God mode = normal -> Already done

Titan mode = Hard -> WIP :D

Ah it was the Chaos mode which was the hardest. My bad! :p

Good luck nevertheless. Watch youtube videos just in case you're stuck.

^^^

That kills the fun man. I am kinda liking spending 30 minutes in crossing one hurdle. Each time you fail, you device a new strategy :p

I watched few videos to locate those hidden chests, though (will help me stay standing for a longer time in the fights)

As for chests, the red orbs esp. - the first playthrough left me around 160 odd orbs missing and I missed the trophy. The second time I did it, I had around 58k+ reserve of orbs. I'm pretty sure I did not miss too much of chest either. But never had to go by walkthroughs for finding chests. Used them for finding out the 1000+ hits combo and beating the challenge - getting stoned. :p

What the hell are you guys play the game in hard mode I was finding the game so difficult in Normal Mode in Hades Battle that i left the game in middle , will have to finish AC II then GOW Collection then GOW 3

dinjo said:
What the hell are you guys play the game in hard mode I was finding the game so difficult in Normal Mode in Hades Battle that i left the game in middle , will have to finish AC II then GOW Collection then GOW 3

Took me like an hour to beat Hades in the Titan mode. Terrific battle. I played safe actually and the strategy I followed was rather lousy :p Killed him mostly from a distance using the Bow :D

Now I am stuck at that cube thing....those minions just cut down that metal rope before I kill them all :(

I wonder how things would be in the Chaos mode.

Back