God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

Lord Nemesis said:
Actually from what I understood from the developer video, the video was made to show what they were doing with the game and the engine and most of the actual game content came after wards. That video was just a random sequence they made before most of the stuff was actually finalized.

It could have been one of those demo videos to show the weapons and some gameplay changes.

Solid_Snake said:
if u think its too easy....Chaos mode is ur calling!!!

That would be a bit too extreme. I'm not talking in terms of raising the difficulty level, but the difference between God of War I's normal mode and III's normal mode.

^
Yes, the default difficulty level of GOW3 pales in comparison to 1 and 2 (1>2>3 in terms of default difficulty).
I still remember climbing that rotating column with blades, beam walking with rotating blades in GOW1. :fear:

I guess it has become a trend now to make games easier than their earlier counterparts. Older games used to be a lot tougher than the games that are coming out now. :p

In recent games, one tough one was Demon's Souls. Not many tough-by-default games around in these times.

kestrel5915 said:
^

In recent games, one tough one was Demon's Souls. Not many tough-by-default games around in these times.

Ninja Gaiden 2 :p Of course its a lot easier than the previous installment, but Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 is still no easy game to play on any difficult setting. IMO its a good thing to allow the user to choose the difficulty setting and keep a variety of difficulty settings. Most people play games for time pass and relaxing. You don't a game to make you so frusturated that after dying a 1000 times, you throw the controller at the TV, stomp on the console and fantasize about murdering the developers la Kratos style. :rofl:

kestrel5915 said:
I still remember climbing that rotating column with blades, beam walking with rotating blades in GOW1. :fear:

Holy fcuk that was a hard one. Just when I thought I was done with first column of spikes, there was another one waiting just a yard away from this one.

Besides, I'm sure everyone must have spent quite some time, getting those chimes ringing. As in the place where you arrange the sword and start pressing key combos as they display on the moving wheel. :lol:

Can you guys post the YouTube videos for those levels? My memory has faded completely as it's been almost 2 years since I last completed those 2 games. It would help bring back some great memories.

Desecrator said:
Besides, I'm sure everyone must have spent quite some time, getting those chimes ringing. As in the place where you arrange the sword and start pressing key combos as they display on the moving wheel. :lol:

Do you mean those two bells in temple of fate in GOW1, ringing them both together causes that statue head to crack?

^No I was referring to GOW III wherein you need to hit the right key combos to have the chime completed.

Desecrator said:
^No I was referring to GOW III wherein you need to hit the right key combos to have the chime completed.

Ok, I got to that point in GOW3, and already tried umpteen number of times. :ashamed:

@Ethan, mate is it absolutely necessary to play the previous two games? im a story kinda guy meself, but urs and other 'ramblings' is getting my blood to boil :(

memnom said:
@Ethan, mate is it absolutely necessary to play the previous two games? im a story kinda guy meself, but urs and other 'ramblings' is getting my blood to boil :(
For the love of God, please DO. I know it's very tempting to play the third game due to all the buzz, but believe me, it will feel incomplete without playing the first 2. It's not just the story you'll be missing, but the whole experience will be destroyed. My advice is to not watch the gameplay videos or read up anymore stuff, just complete the first 2 titles and then finish the last one. You'll realise why I'm placing so much emphasis on it after you're done. Don't you have the God of War collection yet?

kestrel5915 said:
Ok, I got to that point in GOW3, and already tried umpteen number of times. :ashamed:

It'd take some time before you get that right. :p

@memnom: You would pretty much miss the storyline which paved the way for this title. You will have a lot of questions unanswered needless to say. Eg. a lot of cut-scenes on the game rely on the previous titles. Get a copy second-hand off the TE market.

I stopped playing GOW 3 and will be playing GOW Collection and then resume GOW 3

dinjo said:
I stopped playing GOW 3 and will be playing GOW Collection and then resume GOW 3
Wise choice! The first one is the best among the entire series, so you'll really enjoy that.

@ethan and gannu, will do bruvs, will do. and man im still looking for a GOW copy. aaarrrghhh.

Back