GPU prices are at their lowest in 15 months, could fall to ‘attractive’ level already in May

When was the last time you checked the prices in an Offline store. In Bangalore at SP Road when I checked yesterday, 5950x is being sold for 56000 and 5900x is being sold for 41000. 12900k is selling for 51500, which I can recall being sold for 72000 and 5950x I know was being sold for 74000 around 8 to 9 month ago.
About GPU - RTX 3070 is selling for 61000/62000 with entire PC Build and 3070Ti from 64000 onward.

So the prices are going to come down for sure as the Supply and Chain gets better. Most vendors are suggesting to wait for GPU are the prices will drop by another 10 percent. Because only two AIB have dropped the prices - Asus and Zotac. They are waiting for others to follow suite.
Sir will the laptop oem's having these gpu's reduce their price too?

Lot of gpus are out of stock now. Looks like retailers are not bringing new stock as it will be priced lower and current stock will remain unsold or sold at lower prices.

I believe this is a good sign. New stock will bring better prices and it will. Come sooner.

Lot of gpus are out of stock now. Looks like retailers are not bringing new stock as it will be priced lower and current stock will remain unsold or sold at lower prices.

I believe this is a good sign. New stock will bring better prices and it will. Come sooner.
So few brands offer price protection, in case the price drops they help compensate their sellers and some do not. That is why I have been asked to wait for may end if I can as the prices of all AIB will be revised. If you see videos of Mining coming back or GPU prices increases, it is not going to happen. They just want you to cough up some extra bucks so that few sellers can make money.

A vendor in Bangalore was telling me that 5950x price may drop to 51000/52000 when the AM5 launch will happen. As of now it is selling for 56000 with build.

RPTech just messaged me about 3080Ti and to answer them within 48hours. What should I do as I have already bought my budget GPU and I already said that if anybody wants I will give the invite away.

RPTech just messaged me about 3080Ti and to answer them within 48hours. What should I do as I have already bought my budget GPU and I already said that if anybody wants I will give the invite away.
When did you place enquiry for 3080 Ti?

It is a waste ofoney for gaming. Good for machine learning and rendering though.

When did you place enquiry for 3080 Ti?

It is a waste ofoney for gaming. Good for machine learning and rendering though.
I think last September or October. I even deleted those enquiry acknowledgement mails because I thought I won't get a reply in this crypto craze that's why I bought an AMD GPU by availing a loan.

Asrock.PNG
- Price in India

Asrock Newegg.PNG

Why AMD India? Why?

So, the RX 6700XT has come down from almost 77K to 57K in a span of 3-4 days. Good going!:woot:
I am just waiting for August to come because that is when Ether is expecting to move to Proof of Stake from Proof of Work. Plus if you see the prices of Crypto, everything is almost at half their value from what it was 6 months ago.
I do remember seeing the 6700XT hovering around the 85k mark too.

I've been wanting to buy a new PC from some time but the GPU prices are way too much. I can only spend max 10k and I don't need it for 4k or something. I was checking out Classifieds and someone was selling a GTX 1650 which had some warranty left for 15k 2 members remarked that it was a great deal. So I checked the price history of GTX 1650 and it seems it was around ~10k at the start of 2020 :tearsofjoy:. Even today 15k is just 5k below a new 6500xt though.

BTW, my PC broke at around Oct 2020 and I think it was a sign from God to buy a new PC :tearsofjoy: I shouldn't have wasted money repairing it. Almost everything is costlier (maybe due the devaluing of rupees too)

I've been wanting to buy a new PC from some time but the GPU prices are way too much. I can only spend max 10k and I don't need it for 4k or something. I was checking out Classifieds and someone was selling a GTX 1650 which had some warranty left for 15k 2 members remarked that it was a great deal. So I checked the price history of GTX 1650 and it seems it was around ~10k at the start of 2020 :tearsofjoy:. Even today 15k is just 5k below a new 6500xt though.

BTW, my PC broke at around Oct 2020 and I think it was a sign from God to buy a new PC :tearsofjoy: I shouldn't have wasted money repairing it. Almost everything is costlier (maybe due the devaluing of rupees too)
Various reasons for the price hike but the prices are a lot better, can't say they are near their MSRP. But if you can wait, then wait till August.

Wait brother wait. On same boat here. Endure these time. Times are near when they will have to beg before us. Or offers like buy 1 get 1 free graphics card or something

Wait brother wait. On same boat here. Endure these time. Times are near when they will have to beg before us. Or offers like buy 1 get 1 free graphics card or something
That didn't happen even in GeForce 500/Radeon 6000 era lol. High end cards were around $700 then.

I don't see the point of discussing this. 3060 did drop till 32k and now it's again at 40k ball park. seems we still have to wait till July for 4000 series to hit the shelf, then might this prices will fall!

I don't see the point of discussing this. 3060 did drop till 32k and now it's again at 40k ball park. seems we still have to wait till July for 4000 series to hit the shelf, then might this prices will fall!
The new reality is that prices won't go down with new product launch, they will only go down when there is a big crash or maybe ETH 2.0 because Indian distributors/Scalpers greed is not yet over. We see global prices have gone down a lot where as we see only 20~30% correction in prices or maybe more but surely not as global prices.

Back