Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

@ashoka1 Good catch about the date. I didn't even check the pictures as I was purely basing my suspicions on his drivel to @enthusiast29.
Mods closed the post, it seems. Has to be a hacked account. Another American too.

Edit: The post is again open after being shown as closed for few minutes.

i replied to him saying i'm from Hyderabad...so lets see if he replies..
Just take someone along with you as a precaution, unless you get mugged :rolleyes:
@ashoka1 Good catch about the date. I didn't even check the pictures as I was purely basing my suspicions on his drivel to @enthusiast29.
Mods closed the post, it seems. Has to be a hacked account. Another American too.
It has adobe metadata bcoz he used PS to edit the image to smudge other details in the bill.

Probably because I ruined his thread.

View attachment 125051

Apologies for my outburst, I've been waiting in the RPTech queue for a 3060Ti nearly an year now and this guy just pissed me off.
There are better ways to put your point across. I know almost no one will share my sentiments in this thread, but a seller is free to price his/her products at whatever price they want. If you don't like the price, either you can follow the rules and post a link with a lower price, or just move on.
As much as you might feel that scalping/selling at prevailing market prices or for profit is wrong, so is bullying others because of your frustration. There was another thread very recently where someone had quoted 1.37L for a card with MRP of 1.09L. Just because his price wasn't exorbitant, no one was rude to him. So what does that tell us. That people are willing to pay what they are comfortable with. So as a seller it makes sense to test the market with a higher price and then lower it if I don't get a response. That's how free MP works and that's how it should be.

He is same guy who hacked account earlier same rudeness in wording and not so good at English.there are similarity can't be overlooked.
I noticed the weird language as well but couldn't conclude on just that BUT then his drop from 90K to 45K was stupid obvious giveaway. He's just taking suggestions from the community on how the price should be too easily. Shows a desperate attempt to get the money quickly.

i'm not from Hyderabad ;-) just wanted to see if he is genuine..
Don't waste your time.he not even from India.some Russian hacker.they are very good at hacking.pay them and they will hack everything for you.Came to know when I bought rdr 2 from a indian guy.he had connections with these guys.they used to hack Rockstar games accounts.They can hack accounts even if two way authentication is enabled.there is nothing safe from them.

One of my source told me manufacturer have hiked prices of gpus by 10%.we will see effects as new stock arrives.
I read just last night prices have fallen by 11%..
Don't waste your time.he not even from India.some Russian hacker.they are very good at hacking.pay them and they will hack everything for you.Came to know when I bought rdr 2 from a indian guy.he had connections with these guys.they used to hack Rockstar games accounts.They can hack accounts even if two way authentication is enabled.there is nothing safe from them.
Only mods can make it out from his IP unless he is using India vpn..

The price still is not that much close to that still i see 3060ti at around 72k average in my opinion it will take till may to come close to budget

There are better ways to put your point across. I know almost no one will share my sentiments in this thread, but a seller is free to price his/her products at whatever price they want. If you don't like the price, either you can follow the rules and post a link with a lower price, or just move on.
As much as you might feel that scalping/selling at prevailing market prices or for profit is wrong, so is bullying others because of your frustration. There was another thread very recently where someone had quoted 1.37L for a card with MRP of 1.09L. Just because his price wasn't exorbitant, no one was rude to him. So what does that tell us. That people are willing to pay what they are comfortable with. So as a seller it makes sense to test the market with a higher price and then lower it if I don't get a response. That's how free MP works and that's how it should be.

I usually mind my own business here, and avoid commenting on seller prices unless it's through PM.
What set me off was that the general air of superiority the guy had - "Bargaining will never happen" like wtf, you're charging near 4x the MRP (way above current market price) and pretending like you've done us a favor.

In this case, my thought process was "if we allow a blatant scalper like him to pass, a dozen more like him will show up next week".
But, you're right. I've already apologized on this thread for my conduct.

What really terrifies me, is that had he priced the GPU appropriately, his post won't have blown up and gotten exposed as a hacker. Likely, scamming someone in the process.

@renegade @puns I think it's time 2-Factor-Authentication is made mandatory on TE.
EDIT: Found a post by renegade confirming that mandatory 2FA is coming soon. 2FA Confirmed

Last edited:
I usually mind my own business here, and avoid commenting on seller prices unless it's through PM.
What set me off was that the general air of superiority the guy had - "Bargaining will never happen" like wtf, you're charging near 4x the MRP (way above current market price) and pretending like you've done us a favor.

In this case, my thought process was "if we allow a blatant scalper like him to pass, a dozen more like him will show up next week".
But, you're right. I've already apologized on this thread for my conduct.

What really terrifies me, is that had he priced the GPU appropriately, his post won't have blown up and gotten exposed as a hacker. Likely, scamming someone in the process.

@renegade @puns I think it's time 2-Factor-Authentication is made mandatory on TE.
EDIT: Found a post by renegade confirming that mandatory 2FA is coming soon. 2FA Confirmed
A telltale sign of appropriated pictures are the carpeted floors which are common in the west but non-existent in India. I've found this to be a recurring characteristic of fake sale posts and an instant red flag.

Back