Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

I would ignore both 3050 and 6500xt. These must be sub 20k cards. 6500xt should be sub 15k card.

You are missing the point. GPU price when sold as part of bundle is coming down. This is a good sign.

For bundle, these lian li components are high quality components. Those who are building a brand new system and looking for AiO cooling and 3060 Ti card can consider this bundle. Better than paying 60k or more. I have checked other retailers and the pcie of these components is more or less similar. No idea about offline stores though.

the thing is the downturn in crpyto that is happening now is not like corrections we had earlier like china banning, india planning on banning. There is a critical reason for it this time, its the fed interest rate hikes! we will see gradual slump in crypto from now until june-july this year and that should pull the gpu prices down. waiting all this time and buying now doesn;t make sense. One sign of gpu intrest going down also is there are GPUs available from "Appario" of Amazon and they are not soldout! usually they are gone in few mins! ofcource they are priced high but still earlier cases they would have gone like in minutes.

Kids who are jumping and calling these as bullshit deals, worst thing etc:

Go through the thread and understand what I meant. Let me reiterate.

These deals show that gpu prices are going to comedown sooner, that stockpiles are happening and retailers cannot hold the stock for long. These show that we can wait little longer and see better GPU prices if we only need a GPU.

Second point. Given current market situation, for those who cannot wait, the bundle is decent enough. Actually it is a good deal if one is looking for 3060 Ti and is building entire system from scratch with liquid cooling AiO as a requirement. Just because you feel it is shit does not make it shit for everyone. I would have gone for it if this was available when I was building my system from scratch. I have been waiting for more than a year for 3060 Tiir 3070 (need those for machine learning and faming). Amd gpus are direct no go as they cannot do ML.

Last edited:
the thing is the downturn in crpyto that is happening now is not like corrections we had earlier like china banning, india planning on banning. There is a critical reason for it this time, its the fed interest rate hikes! we will see gradual slump in crypto from now until june-july this year and that should pull the gpu prices down. waiting all this time and buying now doesn;t make sense. One sign of gpu intrest going down also is there are GPUs available from "Appario" of Amazon and they are not soldout! usually they are gone in few mins! ofcource they are priced high but still earlier cases they would have gone like in minutes.
Expect the crypto market to track Wall street more closely given the no of institutional investors.

Yes. I see the cards in stock in b and c towns/cities. They have this stack of cards lying behind them and still say 'you will be lucky if you find stock of xyz card'. I was like 'there is a pile right behind you'.

Yes. I see the cards in stock in b and c towns/cities. They have this stack of cards lying behind them and still say 'you will be lucky if you find stock of xyz card'. I was like 'there is a pile right behind you'.
and what was the reply on `there is a pile right behind you` :p

the only hope I have is that increase in competition will decrease the demand. so thus we will have more stock, less buyers and voila, about normal gpu rates :) one can see the effect as of now as the card been sold for 53k was offered for 45k or something. this was due to crypto crash but the scene will definitely change in future.

i'm not sure why you are still looking for new gpu prices...its time to crush the secondary market! imagine people liquidating the GPU's! below is the case of one miner from India mining, this is nothing from other images i've seen. even if 20% of these hit the secondary market, we will see a very good correction.

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-23_21-58-10.jpg
    photo_2022-01-23_21-58-10.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 111
i'm not sure why you are still looking for new gpu prices...its time to crush the secondary market! imagine people liquidating the GPU's! below is the case of one miner from India mining, this is nothing from other images i've seen. even if 20% of these hit the secondary market, we will see a very good correction.
What cards are those?
I've never seen a GPU with led fans. Looks kinda cool, tbh.

wULn2bm.png

Last edited:
wULn2bm.png

Nvidia MSRP: $250
Indian Prices: $500

Yup. About what I expected.

I was planning to buy a GPU for my nephews 2nd hand build and i was so shocked to see that the prices are more than double irrespective of the card being mid range or top of the line. For my own system i was planning to upgrade to a better one but after a look at the prices i will stick to my 5 year old Zotac 970 till the prices become more sensible. Is this trend only in India or are the prices double than the MRP across the world?

are the prices double than the MRP across the world?

Pretty much this.

While we'll never get back to the days where a 70 series like yours could be had for around 25k new (because of inflation, weak rupee, high taxes), everyone is optimistic that we'll at least drop to 1.5x msrp or lower later this year instead of the 2x that's become the norm.

Guys, any idea of prices for new RTX 3070 & 3060Ti? Old gaming laptop is dying, so can't wait for as long as I hoped for. Avoiding 2nd hand because of miners. My usage is gaming.

Guys, any idea of prices for new RTX 3070 & 3060Ti? Old gaming laptop is dying, so can't wait for as long as I hoped for. Avoiding 2nd hand because of miners. My usage is gaming.
Not to condone mining but when done with care mining shouldn't affect the gpu negatively as it puts the gpu under constant load. Perhaps the more experienced people here can chime in.
There is slim chance you are going to be able to score a used gpu from gamers as most of the gpus were picked up by miners and unless a gamer is getting a better card, they are not going to sell in this market.

Not to condone mining but when done with care mining shouldn't affect the gpu negatively as it puts the gpu under constant load. Perhaps the more experienced people here can chime in.
I agree 100%. Mining GPU if done properly with well tuned card is much much better than a GPU used for gaming.
You see when you're mining you underclock and power limit your card. Ideally, 3060ti/70 run less then 125W when mining 24x7 and @ under 60C even when fans are at 60% or less.
Constant load keeps the components on the PCB happy and safe from load spikes so they eventually last longer. Gaming mostly draws full power and the card hovers around 90-100% of the TDP. There are load spikes as well due to loading screens, these spikes reduce the component life.

Also most miners clean GPUs every 3-4 weeks as well while gamers on the other hand do not care at all and wait for the warranty to run out. I'd happily buy a mined on GPU given that the seller discloses the fact that they mined on it and kept the card well maintained. On the other hand a person who says "Never mined, only used for gaming" is a bit skeptical during such times because you have no proof if they're telling the truth.

Last edited:
Back