Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [Preview]

I am waiting and waiting...... Since October when it released for PS2. I have put off all mny other purchases till GTA SA is in my hands. I don't care abt the cost. Am buying the original version.

I get a kick out of buying original games. I have all original games. GTA VC, MP2, MP1, NFS(all since NFS 2 till UG 2). Far CRy, HL2, Flight Sim 2004 and 2000. CS Condition Zero. Road Rash,HL 1,F1 2002, Call Of duty, Colin Mac Rae 2005, Carmageddon TDR 2000,

and various other small games like some Superbike game and Test Drive 4.

I am dying to buy this game..... I so want to. I hope it releases in India at leats after 1 week. I don't think it will release on 7th itself....

it'll come here soon nikhil, should be in good stores in 3-5 days in fact.
Also this can be Warning -
If you're the one who can take any insult, direct or indirect, to hindu myths and gods, then maybe this game is not for you, or a cetain scene. Don't feel like spoiling the whole game for you guys, but there is a charectar in the game, who worships " OM " regularly, and on one scene while saying an overstretched " RAMAAYAANAAA " in the middle he goes like " f***, what's that noise ?! " that noise was cops outside his house, so its just an alarm, just thought i'd state this before guys here buy it, experience it and start rally or something against gta in India now..... :)

oh and, todays it released on PC worldwide!!
Nobody can't miss this now.

params7 posted 7.2 minutes later:

MaxX said:
Thats an april fools joke i think.

Anyway its not still out in the scene, although some people have bought it from stores.

Check out pics - http://www.gtasanandreas.net/news/index.php

The ps2 version was leaked, 4 days before its first release in the U.S.A. The amazing part is, that even indian grey market had it, that's why i was one of those lucky people who got to play GTA:Sa even before its debut release in the U.S, hehe. What i'm trying to say is, all these 'leaks' are becoming so regular, who knows maybe they do it on purpose, because its happening with every game now and then!

I have already told my local "Dealer" about the game and he says he will contact his Mumbai "Distributor" regarding it ! Should take about 3-4 days for me to get it once you guys do, oh and there will be a race to post the first review on TE for sure !

anishcool said:
I have already told my local "Dealer" about the game and he says he will contact his Mumbai "Distributor" regarding it ! Should take about 3-4 days for me to get it once you guys do, oh and there will be a race to post the first review on TE for sure !
Unlikely the game is so damn huge that it will take quite some time to complete. Ofcourse you could complete just the main missions but then that would take away the joy of Freedon and randomness i.e. Grand Theft Auto ;)

SEE WAT I FOUND >>
The game (GTA: San Andreas) does not have a feature to disable pixel shader
effects. The game will not work with a Geforce 4 MX card.
oh noooooooooo
this is a heartbreaker :( :( :(
how much i wanted to play that game but now it seems i won't be able to :(

QuickFire posted 1.88 minutes later:

Anyways, u guys enjoy :)
here's a screenshot of all thats included in the package -

Its 4 GB on the torrents. It supports pixel shaders ummm.. I am sure they will come out with a version for Geforce 4 mx series, too many ppl have got that card..

oh man, this is enticing me to buy an orignal, hell if its available in India, orignal, ill buy it..!!

Rave posted 0.52 minutes later:

but that is only in this week, after that, ill get it somehow :devil:

The one on torrents is just a Alcohol DVD clone. Not the cracked version.
IMHO with soo much included in package i might just buy it.

THe alchohol one dosent work, now the only working clonecd has come out, from MDeth :) Check of nfo at nforce.

Anyway Im going to be buyin the game and hope you guys do also :D

with that kinda packaging, its worth buying an original copy..
will be priced near abt 3000 INR i suppose. :p

now i am wondering whether to buy the original game or a gfx card
capable of playing that game. i am seriously short of cash and i don think
i'll be able to get any of those :(
Aces170 said:
I am sure they will come out with a version for Geforce 4 mx series, too many ppl have got that card..
I wish they do and do it fast. :)

graphics tweakabity seems interesting
Sunday has confirmed a few new things (thanks PlanetGrandTheftAuto) after looking through the file structure for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas:

# Just as in the PS2 version, the number of cars and peds that are allowed onscreen at the same time are controlled by the time of day in popcycle.dat, a file in the data folder. However, at peak traffic times, the maximum number of cars possible onscreen has been bumped from 10 for the PS2 to 18 for the PC, and this number can be modified!
# Frame limiter apparently defaults to 25 frames per second, but you can turn it off and the framerate will stay between 35-50 (on a good PC) and textures actually load correctly when disabling it unlike GTA III and Vice City.
# I recieved word that the file timecyc.dat controls maximum and fog draw distance, and is modifiable.
# GTA3.IMG, the file that stores all of the textures and models in the game, is three times larger than Vice City's, coming in at 940MB.
# More surprising is that this huge game has a 15MB filesize for the root file that starts the game.
# You can modify many files in the data folder in easier ways than seen in Vice City

QuickFire said:
with that kinda packaging, its worth buying an original copy..
will be priced near abt 3000 INR i suppose. :p

now i am wondering whether to buy the original game or a gfx card
capable of playing that game. i am seriously short of cash and i don think
i'll be able to get any of those :(

I wish they do and do it fast. :)
Get a better card m8 ! ;) or else u wont wanna miss one of the best games around.........

Reviews for GTA: SA
Gamespot:9.0 (superb)

IGN: 9.3

Back