Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Graphic Card Advisor

Yeah. Will be buying Corsair 850TX tomorrow.
Thanks for your concern and helping me Ragz. I'm really obliged by your gesture. :)

Ankur said:
Yeah. Will be buying Corsair 850TX tomorrow.
Thanks for your concern and helping me Ragz. I'm really obliged by your gesture. :)
Not a problem brother..
but a corsair TX850?
whats the need of that...youll be going for crossfire later?

Yep, i will go for a X-fire most probably.
Its better to spend once instead of spending later after 1-2 years.

Ankur said:
well, is it good to buy 5850 (20.5) at this point of time when we are expecting a new lineup to be launched very soon and prices cutting down any time.
i think you are talking about 5870 here, but where are you getting it for 20.5:huh: i checked locally and also online but no 5870 below 23.5 k,

can anyone advice a G-card for under 3k pls pls pls fast need to order right now :)

ragzdiablo said:
If you really are into serious hardcore gaming and at HD resolution...it should be the HD 5870 eyes closed..
GTX 470 i wont recommend at this time...it runs extremely hot and is more of a power hog than both the HD5850 and HD5870..

If you plan on going for the HD 5850..dont go for the toxic at 17.5k..a twin frozr at 16.5 makes more sense...

Remember...to get a good PSU if you buy any of these cards..a corsair VX550 would do the job..
Hey Raghav, Finally bought the ASUS 5870. A heartful thanks and Congrats to you as well. You're more than welcome at my place now to game on it. :p

Ankur said:
Hey Raghav, Finally bought the ASUS 5870. A heartful thanks and Congrats to you as well. You're more than welcome at my place now to game on it. :p
Congrats bro.. :)
happy gaming ..im telling you..its going to be awesome to play on HD with full settings...
time to edit your siggy.. :)

will do it soon brother, just waiting for a good PSU to come. Then 5870 will rock. :)

hey guys how is "5800GS-Galaxy 1 GB card" its for around Rs.3000 and i there any good Gpu in that range pls pls pls tell me??

raghul said:
hey guys how is "5800GS-Galaxy 1 GB card" its for around Rs.3000 and i there any good Gpu in that range pls pls pls tell me??
Never heard about that...
i think your shop keeper is trying to fool you...
dont get it..!
get a HD 4670..gonna cost more than 3k though..
But..its worth the investment...amazing card for its price..

go with ragzdaiblo,dont go with 5800gs,it does even sound to be manufactured in the last 5 yrs :no:

Ankur said:
Yep, i will go for a X-fire most probably.

Its better to spend once instead of spending later after 1-2 years.
x-fire is now or never thing.

if you are planning to add one more similar card later in 1-2years then it most probably wont happen.. you will always find a single better card as an alternative at an effectively cheaper budget that the concerned crossfire setup.

on the other hand, if you plan to sell this card and then opt for a completely vfm new crossfire setup of that time then 850W makes sense. otherwise vx550 / TX650 shall be more than enough to any single card setup. consider that as you may be spending on a psu whose potential may never be exploited.

on the other hand, if you are import the psu from the states then go for TX850 :p

it costs almost 5k after rebates on newegg :)

signed out

Srirama said:
go with ragzdaiblo,dont go with 5800gs,it does even sound to be manufactured in the last 5 yrs :no:
ragzdiablo said:
Never heard about that...

i think your shop keeper is trying to fool you...

dont get it..!

get a HD 4670..gonna cost more than 3k though..

But..its worth the investment...amazing card for its price..
can u give the current ptice of HD 4670 AND HD 5450 ?? and anything in that price range ? :) thanks alot.

EDIT:

does HD 4670 have a HDMI output.....??

raghul said:
can u give the current ptice of HD 4670 AND HD 5450 ?? and anything in that price range ? :) thanks alot.
I can sell you my 4670 Sapphire 1Gb version DDRIII for 3k shippedto your place..PMmeif you are interested :)

nah man i am looking for a new one :)...but will keep that in mind if nothing works out for me.

Plz help me with upgrading my GPU

1. What is your budget?

GFX card 5-6k

No plans to upgrade the PSU

2. Current rig Specs

CPU =core i5 750

Motherboard = Gigabyte p55 USB3

RAM = Patriot 2gbx2 (4GB) ddr3 1333 mhz

Monitor = 19" Dell (1400x900max)

XFX 8600Gt 256mb DDR3

3. Which PSU/SMPS will you be using?

Priya 600w

4. Primary use? (Casual gaming, Hardcore gaming, Just for display, Movies/HTPC)

casual Gaming + Movies+Video editing+ALways on

5. What resolution do you game on?

not much interested in gaming but Good amount of Video editing (1024x768)

6. Interested in Crossfire/SLI?

no

7. Open to both Nvidia/ATI?

yes !!!

The GPU shud be better than current one(8600GT)

Shud be Noiseless, Less Heat and Less power usage is a must !!(no compro on these ):hap5::hap5:

I dont mind a bit underpowered card :(

thanks in advance

gr8 thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back