Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
yantraonline.in got pov 460 1gb at 12450 shipped , confirmed stock also with him , he also got 460 amp edition in stock for 14k shipped .

both are good deals , if u are spending 13k+ on cyclone , then better get the amp edition , it has decent clocks , close to 470 in performance + good cooling , even the VRMs have heatsinks which even cyclone doesnt have .

460 needs 2 connectors but u can find molex to pci-e 6 pin converter in market .

so atlast you bought gpu congrats..dude.:).but why pov...

so tell me how is your new card..is this good and the warranty?

from smc i found msi 465 to be 12400 inr.

what is this molex to pci-e-6 converter..will it not create problem for the gpu???

^^ when did he say that he bought a POV card..?

He is suggesting you to buy it..

Usually a 2 molex to 6 pin pci-e connector is bundled with the card...

" got pov 460 1gb at 12450 shipped" mentioned by him...so this means he has actually got this gpu....

now my query is will this gpu(gtx 460 1 gb) bottelneck my cpu....

or i should i go for gpu hd 5770...

ravipawar21 said:
" got pov 460 1gb at 12450 shipped" mentioned by him...so this means he has actually got this gpu....

Bro, the 5770 I suggested is sufficient for your needs until you upgrade your monitor.

ravipawar21 said:

:| i said .:: Yantra Online ::. got the card , means its available there . and 465 is fail card dont get that , even slightly overclocked beats 465 , also that stock design 465 aka thermi will run very hot and less overclockable . power consumption of 465 is also 50-60w more than 460 .

POV warranty is 3 years from aditya infotech , which is distributor for sapphire also so u can expect good warranty for the card .

and how many times u ask about bottleneck thingy , 460 will still give more fps than what 5770 will give even if slight bottleneck is there , cpu bottleneck just causes some fps drop which will be there with both 5770 and 460 . and at 1600x900 , high settings games depend more on gpu than cpu .

molex to pci-e 6 pin creates no issue if psu is good enough to handle the load . POV doesnt have it in bundle , zotac got 2 of them in the amp edition bundle , see here second pic , it shows 2 x pci-e from molex adapters http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1018/pg2/zotac-gtx-460-amp-graphics-card-review-the-card.html

so u can get the zotac AMP for 14k shipped + free prince of persia game , it has 5 years warranty after registration .

ragzdiablo said:
IIRC, only xfx makes a single slot HD 5770...
and i doubt its with any of the dealers in TE..
will single slot 5770 be available in future in india, see im planning to do 3 way crossfire third one i need single slot so i can buy dual slot now and single slot after 3 months, if single slot will never available in india then i will have to take out my mobo out of my cabinet since i cant find any cabinet that can take 4 dual slot cards anywhere.

A HAF 932 can be used to install three dual slots cards...it has 7 expansion slots...

you can have your 3 way sli rig running in that..:)

I bought gtx 460 cyclone 1GB from primeabgb ..13360shipped...
Tried a lot for 768mb...but price of 768 mb is Rs.12900 shipped...so I bought 1GB .. :clown2:

ragzdiablo said:
A HAF 932 can be used to install three dual slots cards...it has 7 expansion slots...
you can have your 3 way sli rig running in that..:)
Man that is the problem i need 8 slot cabi, where will my dual slot 250 fit in:(

neojjjk said:
I bought gtx 460 cyclone 1GB from primeabgb ..13360shipped...

Tried a lot for 768mb...but price of 768 mb is Rs.12900 shipped...so I bought 1GB .. :clown2:
Congrats.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tajendra said:
Man that is the problem i need 8 slot cabi, where will my dual slot 250 fit in:(
IMO, dont go with the crossfire setup...driver issues...unstable frames..

get a powerful single card...

ragzdiablo said:
IMO, dont go with the crossfire setup...driver issues...unstable frames..

get a powerful single card...

its cost effective my friend at least in the situation i am in, ill skip next 2 gens(or till the time my setup give me 60 fps at high settings in most of the games) then look for the best one at that time.

i know about driver issues but im ok with 10.4/10.5/10.8 and a completely fresh installation, i dont know why ppl keep on changing drivers and face different problems, one driver change in six months is enough, i always keep on checking forums for these issues and 10.8 seems to have resolved lot of issues + i have lot of hard drive space to install another os for testing drivers

i think i can get powercolore one dont know if its available in india?

same here...even i dont update my drivers regularly...still running on 10.5.. :)

the xfx single slot is relatively new....so it may take some time to reach here...

I think i will be able to get powercolour one, will go to local market tomorow once i get a single slot then i am good for another dual after two or three months:eek:hyeah:

Any idea how much of an overclock on my procy would remove any bottelneck in a 3 way crossfire setup or will there be any?

I have
AMD phenom x3 8450
ASUS M3A78-EM
4 GB RAM
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W

Have budget of 6k
want to play GTA4,DIRT II,NFS,etc.
at decent settings
please recommend nice GPU for this requirements.

umesh_boogy said:
I have

AMD phenom x3 8450

ASUS M3A78-EM

4 GB RAM

Have budget of 6k

at decent settings

Please provide resolution you will be playing at

3 way crossfire is crap . u wont see scaling in most of the games . imo avoid even 2 way crossfire .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

umesh_boogy said:
I have

AMD phenom x3 8450

ASUS M3A78-EM

4 GB RAM

Have budget of 6k

at decent settings

get a GTS 250 for 5.8k, TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI GeForce N250GTS-2D512 512MB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card - TheITWares .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back