GST and its impact on YOU!

This calculation seems to be bogus. I have never seen KKC or SBC on a restaurant bill.
i guess its been at least 2-3 years since you've visited a restuarant?? Or prolly they give you a bill with 15% service tax!

The only advantage with the 28% tax is you get to save 3-4% tax earlier it used to be around 33% with VAT, SERVICE TAX AND SERVICE CHARGE. That too in case of AC restuarant.

Eating out at dhaba or even at udipi will cost 12%>
Government(s)lost its mind.

Dont just blame central govt even thesr regional govt know this and kept quiet because they want ₹₹₹₹

Last edited:
I just threw away last weeks bills, not a single one had sbc/kkc. i'll scan and post some next week. And don't confuse service charge with taxes. gst is not going to replace service charges.

bottom line is nothing is going down, everything is gonna cost more. which has been the govts. M.O. since they won.

edit: just found one, but it's too crumpled to attach. it's from FKD. A/c place, no liquor. I took away a parcel so maybe dine-in is different. But all i was charged was VAT @ 13.5%. But the bill does have a service tax no. at the bottom so maybe that's included in the base prices?

it's entirely possible other places are charging service tax @ 15% which would then include sbc/kkc. just never seen it mentioned separately in any restaurant bill like in phone bills etc. And btw, i eat out a LOT.

edit2: found one more. attached. again, this one is a home delivery so not sure if it's different for dine-in.

IMG_20170608_230246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian GST rates are just a mockery of the whole One Country,One Tax Concept.

Oh Wow, People presume that their lives are going to be Super awesome watching those stupid misleading ads.. 6 months after implementation everyone shall understand.

No one will understand anything. The country is still reeling from the effects of demon... Especially the poor. Us middle class folk are able to cope with various options. But the backward economic classes were and are still suffering. But the whole hyped up bandwagon is still pretending like nothing happened and we're a booming economy. So yeah, when this additional financial burden takes a toll in the months to come, no one will directly attribute this to the govt's incessant rip-off policies. And they will win again next term because hype and pappu...

Does the official text really have "Luxury & sin items like BMW... blah blah" listed in the 28% bracket description?!?!

Now they are calling these (cars, cold drinks, smoking etc) indulgences a "sin" :D

As you are aware, there will be a new indirect tax regime - Goods and Services Tax (GST) from July 1, 2017. As per the GST legislation, every Indian person who supplies goods and/or services through an e-commerce operator shall be required to register in GST irrespective of the threshold aggregate turnover in a financial year. Based on this requirement, every seller with an Indian registered address on eBay sites will require to have GST registration at the time of GST rollout

Considering the above mandate and to ensure due compliance with the regulatory requirements with regards to implementation of GST, we have made several communications to you in the past two months reminding you to update your Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) in your PaisaPay registration page on www.ebay.in by 25thJune 2017.

Despite our various communications you have not indicated your GSTIN status. e are therefore, giving you this final opportunity to confirm to us if you will have your GSTIN by filling this survey.

In case we don’t receive your confirmation by June 18, 2017 through the aforesaid survey about having your GSTIN by June 25, 2017, we will be placing restrictions on your eBay account. This restriction will end all your active listings and suspend your PaisaPay account. While you cannot list any new item on our site(s), you can still complete shipping formalities for your sold items.

Full functionality on your eBay account will be reinstated, once you provide your valid GSTIN details.

Please fill this survey immediately.

You can read our announcement here. Please refer to our page on seller central for GST related information. You can attend our free online trainings on GST here.

Regards,

@chetansha - what GST details in particular? is it like TAN/PAN, Aadhar etc? or some new certification needs to be done with GSTNetwork?
TIN number. Now GSTIN.

As for any online business, they would require GSTIN.

Small B&M shops with less than 20L/annum turnover need not to register under GST network. Also the best thing about this GST is if say your local marwadi is ordering stocks more than 10L/annum of which retail sales would obviously make it up 20L, He can be easily tracked and can be forced to pay Taxes. Good lord.

Can anyone quickly update me on which GST slab are computer components like Processor/Motherboard/RAM categorized under? I know that peripherals like Monitors and printers are in the 28% slab. Are hardware components also categorized under the same slab or is it lower?

Need to decide whether I have to go for the Ryzen upgrade before the GST kicks in.

GST, I was just seeing an interview on it today. The main problem is that people dont have a clear idea of this GST and that is creating an unnecessary panic among the people. The government needs to make things clear from one single platform and make it crystal clear so as to what is that impact on what with examples so that people can relate well.

Back