GST and its impact on YOU!

It would be under gst by next year.

No it won't. Every move that the current govt is going to do will be to increase taxes or other forms of collections form the people.. Rest assured that no tax will decrease. Even the proposal to decease the GST on restaurants is to actually increase them by denying Input tax credit. It will be like 6-8% more tax for the govt under the guise of a tax reduction.

The site
Quint
Wire

All sorts of anti development negative sites. Whts their credibility?
Care to explain?

Anti-development my foot. Where is the so called development in the first place? It looks more like since congress emptied the coffers already, BJP is busy fleecing the people so they could have enough funds to fill their pockets. Modi of course has a different agenda of turning India into another North Korea.

You are strong modi hater.
I don't want to waste

https://twitter.com/RenukaJain6/status/868470870972522496

just read the ground level data.
its upto you whether you want to see it or not.[DOUBLEPOST=1509470130][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...100th-spot-in-ease-of-doing-business-rankings

just for your info.[DOUBLEPOST=1509470205][/DOUBLEPOST]show me single positive article of quint or wire.

their journalism is all yellow journalism.

almost all authors of them are ex JNU or commie's[DOUBLEPOST=1509470511][/DOUBLEPOST]when did your fav.site quint or wire start ?
who are faces behind it?
or any prominent stake holder who is worth vouching for?

Last edited:
You know who I hate more than any politician in this country? Its people like you who setup politicians on your heads and empower them to do as they please.

I am a strong believer in the concept that politicians are servants of the people and should act like the public servants they are and be accountable for everything they do. They should be held on a tight leash by the people, not the other way around. But because of politician butt licking idiots in our country who create favorites and defend everything they do and try to be their apologists and advocates and in general leave no opportunity to do such butt licking in public, these politicians think they own the people that voted them into power and they can do whatever they want. I have the same level of contempt for any and all of politicians who think they are are above the people and can do as they please.

Congress is already dead. They have no body who can lead. Rahul Gandhi is a idiot.

Most of the BJP politicians are bona fide criminals and you only have to look at their affidavits to see how many criminal cases they are involved in. But more dangerous than them all are people like Modi who are very clever and just looking for an opportunity to kill democracy in the country. Just take a look at the controversial Rajasthan criminal laws ordinance. How dare that a bill was even tabled. Do you even understand what they were trying to do there and the repercussions of it? How long before something like that is attempted at a larger scale.

People like Keriwal are even more dangerous as they can't even differentiate between right and wrong and think that any chaos that they can cook up is the right way to run a govt.

We don't have any party or people really worthy of running the country, but here you are people like you fighting to defend your favorites. There is a reason why In countries like America, people can still tag the president on twitter and call him an idiot when ever he acts like one. Its because they don't let any politician trample on their authority and liberties.

Who said anything about anything about any news site being my favorite. I use media outlets for news and I really don't care which ones I read. I probably read from 20-30 different national and international sources. I don't give a damn if some source favors BJP or that another favors congress or communists. Any strongly opinionated nonsense is automatically filtered out.

Who said anything about GST itself being bad? Do you remember that it was congress who tried to introduce it and BJP and Modi strongly opposed it? They tried to defend it by saying the infrastructure was not ready at time, but Have you noticed how unprepared and chaotic, GST implementation when this govt did implement it? The whole purpose of GST was simplification of indirect taxes, but instead its made made so chaotic that its an ordeal. Then there is the question of tax levels. India has 4 slabs going up to 28% and most of the items are concentrated under 18 and 28%. Areas that have higher levels of taxation were excluded making the current GST implementation just a means of increasing taxes. Have you seen the condition of roads, high ways or any public facilities controlled by state or central governments? so where are all the taxes getting used? Singapore has a GST of 7%. So why does India have 28% and still nothing to show for it.

I find it hilarious how these sheep keep bleating all the way to the slaughter and even when their heads are on the chopping block they still keep praising their executioners. Look at the state our country is in. Taxes at insanely high levels. And the economy in the shitter. Because of bad (crooked) decision after bad decision. All purposely created.

Lol and criticizing any media or journalist that dares question their fuhrers and tag them all commies/libtards/etc. Any person without bias and half a brain can see through the lies but not these retards. it's hopeless.

Hahahaha, 100th easiest country to do business. wow 100. so easy. ima start my business tomorrow. in case people haven't figured out already, the world bank does and says whatever helps it make more countries indebted to it. heck if you still can't understand how it works maybe watch some GoT and the iron bank of braavos. they probably used it as a not so subtle parallel.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are absolutely right that investment properties have driven up the cost of all real estate. And genuine end-users suffer. And yes the govt. is definitely to blame for the high prices they sell/lease land to developers. My friend works with a real estate firm and he was explaining the cost break up of a property. And the land value itself makes up the bulk of the final cost.

In another friend's case, the second biggest cost was the construction costs and third was the bribes to be paid.

I am supporting Modi because of the TINA factor. Kejriwal on the other hand, I was supportive of AAP earlier, but very soon, it became less of a govt and more of a mess.

As of now, I agree that we need to transition to a single tax slab system, but we have no option to wait and watch. We have taken the first steps towards a single tax system, and hopefully, we might get a single slab as well.

In my area, the current BJP candidate or at least till he became a MP has a poor record of development and even still has it, and then got involved in a case which made him a minister with portfolio or something. And this is just one of them, there are more. So I agree that BJP is no party of saints, but because of the TINA factor.....[DOUBLEPOST=1509497387][/DOUBLEPOST]What they did in Rajasthan is nothing short of a mockery of justice. And I believe none of the major news papers have given much space to it, forget front page, except maybe for a small column. That's why we need independent media. But not media which is purely anti govt. The opposition parties should capitalise on this and use it, but they will keep quiet knowing that it would be useful for them as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1509497470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Catch news, Scroll etc are all anti bjp, pro cong. But thewire has a point everytime.

My search for a neutral site still continues.. Indian express also biased in some way or the other.

Me too. I would like an unbiased view of the govt. Infact it may not be unreasonable to make the media print if they have any ties to either of the political parties.

Last edited:
^That movie would've come and gone but now that the TN BJP made some noise about it they're having a full-on streisand effect.

Easy trading of gold will lead to a whole new group of scammers and frauds. Plus, it's still heavily used as a form of savings by households.
Liquor gets a double shot of high taxes and practically no new players allowed. Outside of Bira I can't think of any domestic brewery that's come up in the last 2 decades.

+1. On its own, the movie is not that great, apart from South India, where people are fanatics and idolize their politicians and movie stars.

On the topic of movie stars, another alternative for Modi was Jayalalita. Sadly, as she was removed from the playing field, we will never know what she was capable of.

Kejri thinks he can make aap party like nehru family made congress. its all about him now. not about the aam aadmi. just like bjp isnt about bharatiya janata anymore.

I am supporting Modi because of the TINA factor. Kejriwal on the other hand, I was supportive of AAP earlier, but very soon, it became less of a govt and more of a mess.

As of now, I agree that we need to transition to a single tax slab system, but we have no option to wait and watch. We have taken the first steps towards a single tax system, and hopefully, we might get a single slab as well.

In my area, the current BJP candidate or at least till he became a MP has a poor record of development and even still has it, and then got involved in a case which made him a minister with portfolio or something. And this is just one of them, there are more. So I agree that BJP is no party of saints, but because of the TINA factor.....[DOUBLEPOST=1509497387][/DOUBLEPOST]What they did in Rajasthan is nothing short of a mockery of justice. And I believe none of the major news papers have given much space to it, forget front page, except maybe for a small column. That's why we need independent media. But not media which is purely anti govt. The opposition parties should capitalise on this and use it, but they will keep quiet knowing that it would be useful for them as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1509497470][/DOUBLEPOST]

Me too. I would like an unbiased view of the govt. Infact it may not be unreasonable to make the media print if they have any ties to either of the political parties.
This is how you fit in boys.

I support fuheur cause ...theres no other option. Media should be independent, but not anti-govt.

Further.. Loved the anti-govt media during UPA2 but hate it now cause the guy I support is in power..So not it should not be anti-govt, it shoult have this mythical quality thats called "independent". As long as they dont print anything against Fuheur, they are independent. :D

LMAO Media should ALWAYS be anti-establishment. Just like they were during Congress.

I was thinking the exact same thing today. About the whole 'biased' media thing.

So if the current govt., whomever they may be, is doing crap that's clearly illegal, unconstitutional, unethical and even simply inhumane, and the media reports about it as it is, then they're biased against the govt.?

By that logic, no one would be able to criticize anyone, ever. Beta, apna padhayi chhodke whatsapp karna, galat nahin hain. See i'm not a biased parent!

All they have to say is UPA/Congress kitna scam kiya itna saal se. Ok, we get it, they were corrupt and they lost the elections 3 years ago. Can we look at the here and now?

One example, frigging petrol is over 76 bucks in Mah.

This is how you fit in boys.

I support fuheur cause ...theres no other option. Media should be independent, but not anti-govt.

Further.. Loved the anti-govt media during UPA2 but hate it now cause the guy I support is in power..So not it should not be anti-govt, it shoult have this mythical quality thats called "independent". As long as they dont print anything against Fuheur, they are independent. :D

LMAO Media should ALWAYS be anti-establishment. Just like they were during Congress.

Dude, you dont need to say anything, ban friendly AAP kid. Say something about your master, and you will get rankled.

The media needs to be unbiased and report accurately. For example, there were articles on Mumbai Ahmedabad route against the bullet train - 40% vacancies. hell, I travel on that line, and mornings and evenings, it's not empty at all, rarely do we get a seat. On the other hand, not a single or at least not much about the Rajasthan issue, or at the very least, negligible coverage, except maybe a one column footnote :p

I was thinking the exact same thing today. About the whole 'biased' media thing.

So if the current govt., whomever they may be, is doing crap that's clearly illegal, unconstitutional, unethical and even simply inhumane, and the media reports about it as it is, then they're biased against the govt.?

By that logic, no one would be able to criticize anyone, ever. Beta, apna padhayi chhodke whatsapp karna, galat nahin hain. See i'm not a biased parent!

All they have to say is UPA/Congress kitna scam kiya itna saal se. Ok, we get it, they were corrupt and they lost the elections 3 years ago. Can we look at the here and now?

One example, frigging petrol is over 76 bucks in Mah.

Yeah, good point.

The media needs to be unbiased and report accurately. For example, there were articles on Mumbai Ahmedabad route against the bullet train - 40% vacancies. hell, I travel on that line, and mornings and evenings, it's not empty at all, rarely do we get a seat. On the other hand, not a single or at least not much about the Rajasthan issue, or at the very least, negligible coverage, except maybe a one column footnote :p

I'm glad you brought this up. The 40% would have most likely been a worst case non-peak estimate and this is how selective statistics are used to make a memorable 'fact'. At the end of the day, all media is vying for your attention.
That being said, i wish they would focus more on improving freight transport in the country. Apparently to ship something from Kolkata to Mumbai by land costs the same as shipping something from Guanghzou to Mumbai by sea. Reducing time and transport costs is a sure-fire way to bump up production and private investment.

I'm glad you brought this up. The 40% would have most likely been a worst case non-peak estimate and this is how selective statistics are used to make a memorable 'fact'. At the end of the day, all media is vying for your attention.
That being said, i wish they would focus more on improving freight transport in the country. Apparently to ship something from Kolkata to Mumbai by land costs the same as shipping something from Guanghzou to Mumbai by sea. Reducing time and transport costs is a sure-fire way to bump up production and private investment.

The 40% is a surely a non peak case - I take the afternoon trains when I do not get a seat in the morning ones, and you do not need to buy a reserved ticket, just hop in with unreserved and pay the reservation charges.

Freight is a difficult issue. My company ships from North, West and South to all parts of the country, and it is not cheap. There are several factors involved, and the biggest issue is firstly, corruption. Loading/Unloading at rail terminals is not corruption free. Trucks are expensive - fuel et all.

Unless interstate transport for goods becomes octroi/GST/ (any random tax) free and has a dedicated two-fro lane, it won't become cheap. Not to mention, diesel prices are rising. Plus truck companies churn out antique trucks like match boxes which are often overloaded and breakdown fast leading to more lost revenues.

The more I think about India, the more I see how everything is done half hearted here without giving any thought whatsoever. Even the manholes here are rectangles. I mean its basic knowledge that rectangle manhole covers fall down and break fast. Are we so backward that we can't even construct perfectly round manholes with circular manhole covers? Maybe all the extra pesticides being used on food crops, antibiotics used on poultry or meat or pollution in sea food must be hitting Indian govt officials brains and making them go backwards in time to the stone age.

Back