have questions on HTC Legend? Ask here!

desiibond

Skilled
Hi fellow TEians,

I got this beauty yesterday and going through the UI etc. If you are thinking of purchase and have any doubts regarding the phone, let me know.

@ desiibond, Take all the time you want, currently I'm just managing using the internet based apps with wifi at home.

I can only browse the internet using the stock browser, absolutely no other apps that need internet work! :(

I have a few more questions.

1: I always used to charge my old phone overnight, will there be a problem if I do so with the Legend? Will it have ill effects on the battery?

2: Any application that can automatically switch profile from General to Vibrate? (I need something that puts the phone to vibrate at 8AM and again at 2PM)

orangewrath said:
@ desiibond, Take all the time you want, currently I'm just managing using the internet based apps with wifi at home.

I can only browse the internet using the stock browser, absolutely no other apps that need internet work! :(

I have a few more questions.

1: I always used to charge my old phone overnight, will there be a problem if I do so with the Legend? Will it have ill effects on the battery?

2: Any application that can automatically switch profile from General to Vibrate? (I need something that puts the phone to vibrate at 8AM and again at 2PM)
Do you explicitly have Vodafone Mobile Connect activated? Vodafone Live alone won't do. You have to ask Vodafone to enable it for you and pay for it.

I charge my phone every night too and I don't think there should be any problems.

Try Settings Profiles Lite.

ashr said:
Do you explicitly have Vodafone Mobile Connect activated? Vodafone Live alone won't do. You have to ask Vodafone to enable it for you and pay for it.

I charge my phone every night too and I don't think there should be any problems.

Try Settings Profiles Lite.
Nope I dont have VF Mobile connect, I'd rather switch to Airtel than pay 300 a month just as rental!

I am having wifi signal reception problem with the phone. The phone is unable to connect when the signal strength is on the lower side (near my desk at office), but one of my friend's ipod touch connects easily and works seamlessly. I had a Nokia 5800 XM previously and that too would connect easily.

Also in places where the wifi network is pretty strong, the Legend disconnects more frequently than other phones. Anybody else facing similar kind of issue?

I have a question, recently I noticed that the Search key on the phone has become a little wobbly and juts out a bit, just about 1 mm.

I searched about this on the internet and many users are facing the same problem.

I'm not too worried but just hope the button wont pop out! :D

Do I need to get the phone replaced? Will HTC Replace my phone? (Its barely a month old)

junk_qwe said:
I am having wifi signal reception problem with the phone. The phone is unable to connect when the signal strength is on the lower side (near my desk at office), but one of my friend's ipod touch connects easily and works seamlessly. I had a Nokia 5800 XM previously and that too would connect easily.

Also in places where the wifi network is pretty strong, the Legend disconnects more frequently than other phones. Anybody else facing similar kind of issue?
Couple of guys in xda forums reported about weak WiFi signal. I never had any such issues. But still I will test similar scenario when I get back to Bangalore. Will test signal strength on ipod touch and legend.
One thing I observed is about gsm 2g signal. My phone's signal strength is comparatively weaker than Samsung i450's. In areas where my friends phone stays on minute signal strength, mine goes to null. One more thing is that if I remove the battery cover, signal goes off completely coz it kind of acts as antenna. Check the two metal tips on the inside.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

orangewrath said:
I have a question, recently I noticed that the Search key on the phone has become a little wobbly and juts out a bit, just about 1 mm.
I searched about this on the internet and many users are facing the same problem.
I'm not too worried but just hope the button wont pop out! :D
Do I need to get the phone replaced? Will HTC Replace my phone? (Its barely a month old)
I observed this on my phone too. But the menu key too looks a bit elevated on the edge. And do take it to service centre if you feel it may coke out, which I don't think won't happen.

update on signal strength: When I go to location with weak wifi signal, my ipod touch shows 2 bars and phone shows nil but still both are able to browse pages. Only once the phone had problem connecting to internet and once it connected, the connection didn't drop.

@orangewrath am not using any case for my phone but that one looks good.

@bond , HTC wildfire is launched in India officially , any views & comment on that .

considering I will invest in android for 1st time & money is saved from long time for mobile upgrade ( admitting shamelessly)

Thanks desiibond.. I still have the wifi signal issue. Guess the problem is only there with my phone :( . I even have GPRS/EDGE connectivity issue wherein which the connection gets lost randomly and won't connect even if i restart the mobile network connectivity(switch off and on). The only solution is to restart the phone.

Another weird issue has happened twice now. Happened after I got a missed (or whatever its called) call. After some minutes, the phone would start ringing with nothing on the screen (like a ghost call). Can't do anything to disconnect/receive the call and the only option is to remove the battery :( This has happened twice so far. Should I go to the service center for this? I tried replicating this issue but did not happen.

Other than that, pretty satisfied with the phone.

@orangewrath: I hardly use the search key and hence its remaining intact.

desiibond said:
update on signal strength: When I go to location with weak wifi signal, my ipod touch shows 2 bars and phone shows nil but still both are able to browse pages. Only once the phone had problem connecting to internet and once it connected, the connection didn't drop.

@orangewrath am not using any case for my phone but that one looks good.

junk_qwe said:
Another weird issue has happened twice now. Happened after I got a missed (or whatever its called) call. After some minutes, the phone would start ringing with nothing on the screen (like a ghost call). Can't do anything to disconnect/receive the call and the only option is to remove the battery :( This has happened twice so far. Should I go to the service center for this? I tried replicating this issue but did not happen.
OMG!!! Maybe a ghost is living inside your phone... :S:S:S

Did you try Hard-Reset'ing the Phone and see if the issue still exists? If not, you can try it, after backing up your data.

If it's still not solved, Maybe you can retry flashing the current firmware again or maybe some custom ones, if you are willing to experiment. Else you can take it to customer care and ask them to re-flash the firmware.

Hope your issue gets resolved.. it is a great phone..:hap2:

multi said:
@bond , HTC wildfire is launched in India officially , any views & comment on that .

considering I will invest in android for 1st time & money is saved from long time for mobile upgrade ( admitting shamelessly)
I didn't really like the display of Wildfire. But given that you are now ready for purchase, go to nearby stores and ask for a demo of the phone. If the screen reso is okay for you, go for it. Also check X10 Mini Pro or wait for X8 or i5800.

junk_qwe said:
Thanks desiibond.. I still have the wifi signal issue. Guess the problem is only there with my phone :( . I even have GPRS/EDGE connectivity issue wherein which the connection gets lost randomly and won't connect even if i restart the mobile network connectivity(switch off and on). The only solution is to restart the phone.

Other than that, pretty satisfied with the phone.

@orangewrath: I hardly use the search key and hence its remaining intact.
First try a hard reset like @vpraveenis said. Remove everything and start from scratch. If you need sms etc, do backup that stuff along with applist and other settings. There are tools available in market for these tasks.

desiibond said:
I didn't really like the display of Wildfire. But given that you are now ready for purchase, go to nearby stores and ask for a demo of the phone. If the screen reso is okay for you, go for it. Also check X10 Mini Pro or wait for X8 or i5800.

First try a hard reset like @vpraveenis said. Remove everything and start from scratch. If you need sms etc, do backup that stuff along with applist and other settings. There are tools available in market for these tasks.
HTC India has announced the release of an official software update for the HTC Legend. The update, which graduates the firmware to version 2.05.720.21, will fix various issues - mainly the issue with the absence of ring tone whilst receiving a call.

Maybe a firmware update could solve your problem?

I just got my Legend today. Nice and snappy, but the metal rim gets warm and is a bit uncomfortable while on call.

I have a query. I do not have wifi and only have Vodafone Live connection in my phone. Is there any way I can share the Internet through my PC on my Legend? I do not want to subscribe to Mobile Connect just to update the phone and install apps.

Please some one also tell me how to fix the audio sync issues in the videos, every single video I have watched are out of sync in my Legend. Using Handbrake for conversion.

Indeed.. The firmware update seem to have done the trick. Have not had the problem since (though the sms thread messages display is a problem).

orangewrath said:
HTC India has announced the release of an official software update for the HTC Legend. The update, which graduates the firmware to version 2.05.720.21, will fix various issues - mainly the issue with the absence of ring tone whilst receiving a call.

Maybe a firmware update could solve your problem?

jc36lect3r said:
I just got my Legend today. Nice and snappy, but the metal rim gets warm and is a bit uncomfortable while on call.

I have a query. I do not have wifi and only have Vodafone Live connection in my phone. Is there any way I can share the Internet through my PC on my Legend? I do not want to subscribe to Mobile Connect just to update the phone and install apps.

Please some one also tell me how to fix the audio sync issues in the videos, every single video I have watched are out of sync in my Legend. Using Handbrake for conversion.
Try with lower audio bitrate or lower resolution for video.

I don't think that you can share your PC's internet with your Legend. The other way is easily possible.

Do you convert the video or just copy the avi files directly to the phone and view them? I also have the audio lag issue when I copy video directly and view it through Rock player. But its something that I can live with.

Like desiibond said, try with lower resolution for the video.

jc36lect3r said:

Back