Hazare's fast and its Impact

breaking news, mayawati wants a dalit in the lokpal committee, wonder what maneka gandhi has to say which animal to be included, then the minority, then the gujjars, gorkhas & another 50 years pass till anna hazare's predecessor takes over.

^ Actually Mayawati has said she wants SC representation in the civil society side - that's because she doesn't trust the Congress govt. I wonder what the delay is in getting started. There are currently no objections on any of the members.

just out of curiousity , how did the civil society just get on the board ,i mean if they represent the public , shouldnt i be consulted whom i want on board?

^ Anna Hazare is the public representative :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Funny part is that the 'civil society' representative has been self appointed / appointed by Anna Hazare, whereas the ones actually elected by the civil society are the 'government'. Now what is what?

agantuk said:
^ Anna Hazare is the public representative :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Funny part is that the 'civil society' representative has been self appointed / appointed by Anna Hazare, whereas the ones actually elected by the civil society are the 'government'. Now what is what?
atleast the government part is legal because they are elected democratically (they being corrupt is different question) but the peoples part seems like the backbenchers who also want the share.

ultimately at the end of the day it is who gets what.

i remember a dialogue from dharmatma (old feroze khan movie) where dad prem nath says to his son firoze khan : "JISNE JITNE BADI BOLI LAGAYI, WO UTNI BADI GADDI SAMBHAL KE BAITH GAYA"

avi said:
^that doesn't mean all money went to hazare right ?

No I meant those are the expenses for his campaign.

Can't make much of it since we don't know how many people are part of his bandwagon.

malhotraraul said:
it is only for the politics side to decide, for the civil society the list is finalized with some 5 people on board, the tug-of-war is ON as we post.

I thought the Bhushans on the civil society team are in trouble for corruption and might be axed from the list. The Anna Hazare camp itself has been wavering about their support for the Bhushans.
kippu said:
just out of curiousity , how did the civil society just get on the board ,i mean if they represent the public , shouldnt i be consulted whom i want on board?

Anna Hazare picks his dream team. If you want democracy, go to China :lol:

Anyway from my understanding, the civil team just implies people who are not politicians. Because only politicians are corrupt, normal people are not :p

A lot of (educated) people have given him full support to do what he wants, either because they're too busy or too lazy to handle corruption themselves. Till everyone understands their individual responsibility, corruption isn't going anywhere, no matter Anna Hazare telling you he can fix things overnight.

malhotraraul said:
breaking news, mayawati wants a dalit in the lokpal committee, wonder what maneka gandhi has to say which animal to be included, then the minority, then the gujjars, gorkhas & another 50 years pass till anna hazare's predecessor takes over.

agantuk said:
^ Actually Mayawati has said she wants SC representation in the civil society side - that's because she doesn't trust the Congress govt. I wonder what the delay is in getting started. There are currently no objections on any of the members.
Not able to understand how these 'special' representations are going to contribute. I mean, if she or others have some thoughts they can pass on their suggestions to the drafting committee.

If they have other motives...

mk76 said:
Not able to understand how these 'special' representations are going to contribute. I mean, if she or others have some thoughts they can pass on their suggestions to the drafting committee.

If they have other motives...
you get to see once finalized bill copy through RTI, till then we wait

i totally support the govt for doing this , and it should have done when he announced it , enough of bending backs just because someone starts "fasting"

I am no fan of Ramdev (or Anna Hazare for that matter), but Congress really shot themselves in the foot with what they did. They were clearly in the advantage after they leaked Ramdev's deal with them, but all that tamasha in the night has cost them a lot. They simply didn't have to do that, and the media would have done the rest.

Baby ramdev always wanted to be part of politics.

All his points were agreed but still because of some false point he just wanted to go ahead.

Anyways this drama was similar to karunadhi arrest stuff.

In todays paper there was really a good article which did analysis of this baby ramdev conditions

You can read it here

Rage of a yoga teacher - Hindustan Times

SOme important points

Ramdev wants all wealth held illegally abroad by Indians to be declared as national property and those holding them be charged with sedition.

The fact that sovereignty issues of foreign countries might come into play doesn’t seem to have crossed his mind. I can just see Dawood Ibrahim’s house in Clifton, Karachi, becoming Indian national property overnight. In any case, I would think that India entering into tax information exchange agreements with 14 of the 22 countries identified as tax havens for Indians would be a more fruitful move than the general satsang discourse by the yoga teacher.

Ramdev wants R500 and R1,000 currency notes to be abolished

If he thinks that we’re still in the bad old Harshad Mehta days when black money had to be carried only in slim attaches, times have changed. The estimated R300 billion of undeclared income will simply slosh about in lower denominations. I don’t know what Ramdev’s views are on carrying plastic as opposed to cash, but the more serious problem confronting a ban on R500 and R1,000 notes would be the government having to spend extra crores of exchequer’s money to print many more lower denomination notes.

He wants all courses to be taught in ‘local languages’.

He wants to revoke the Land Acquisition Act so that no farmer can be moved for the purpose of industrialisation.

Ramdev wants all labourers, no matter what category, to get the same wages.

I won’t insult your intelligence and ask you what the last ‘few’ of the yoga teacher’s demands have to do with making black money or corruption disappear. But there you have it.

kippu said:
i totally support the govt for doing this , and it should have done when he announced it , enough of bending backs just because someone starts "fasting"
Brainwashed By Congress Mafia

Back