Hazare's fast and its Impact

Hacker said:
What were you expecting, that Hazare will come alone and sleep on the hospital floor??

Sleeping on a multi-speciality hospital floor is way more expensive than a 3-star hotel bed though.

Congrats to every Indians. Though this is not 100% fault proof, but this is really going to bring a massive change, and much better than the existing system.

Looking forward for Corruption Free India, and completed journey from "Developing Country" to "Developed Country" or should I say from "3rd World Country" to "1st World Country".

malhotraraul said:
@ agantuk, i'll repeat again, 10 years back when i went for my passport, even though all my papers were proper i had to pay Rs.3000/- & Rs.1000/- for police verification, i had to go abroad for work hence the company requested a police clearance certificate, i paid another Rs.2000/- for this.

just last month i got my passport renewed since it was expired, i only had to pay the required Rs.1000/- & got a receipt for it. i didn't have to pay anyone anything & no one demanded nothing. went by the book, filled the form online, took the print, attached related papers required.

in another incident, since i stay in thane since birth, there were a lot of development changes since then, new roads were built etc, my address on the ration card was old, since we had a new road instead of an old road, i had to include that in my ration card & a landmark, i went to the rationing office, took a form which was costing Rs.2/- only, filled it & gave the required papers, after 2 days the rationing inspector came to my house for verification, fortunately he came early & i was available, i showed him all the papers he demanded & since he was also aware about the changes happened in my area, he verified it & i got my rationing card within 7 days & when he came to my house i asked him if he wanted some chai paani, he refused & said i do not want anything.

and why do you want to bribe the traffic police, like we say in hindi, KAYDE MEIN RAHOGE TO FAYDE MEIN RAHOGE ofcourse if you break the law you have to pay the fine, else he is not going to stop you & demand for money right away. i was caught without helmet, i refused to pay him bribe, i told him to make chalan & i paid Rs.100/- & promised myself not to break the law again.

i may not be Mr. Right, but the system will be the way i want it to be, because the system is right & we have to make it run.
You say so because you have been extremely lucky to see a positive change. In my case, when I applied for my passport 10 years back, I paid 1500 per passport to the visiting inspector. This year when I went to renew, my application was rejected outright giving a ridiculous reason that I did not have a ration card, this inspite of the fact that I provided 4 other address proofs. The guy would not budge until I shelved out 7000 per passport to get it done through an agent. And what does he say the second time round? "You could have told that you have 4 address proofs" . Yea right, as if I was standing mum the first time.

This is just at the passport office. I had to pay the cop another 300 bucks as his processing fee.

Next I go to the Commissioner's office to get an NOC for my vehicle's relocation. No one is willing to listen. Went second time round, this time put some 'weight' along with my form, and I get the documents in a week's time.

Oh, I also did go to the Public Service Commission's office for a ration card. I am asked to get an NOC from the previous location I stayed. I go there, and am asked to get it from the previous location since I didn't have one with these guys anyway. I go to the third PSC, and they say that I don't exist - since they have no record of any kind of interaction at my address, and refuse to give me an NOC. I am offered help in return for some cash, but I refuse. Result - I still don't have a ration card. I don't expect this system to change.

IMO therefore, I have no reason to rejoice on this new found and misplaced optimism.

It's a GT and posts doesn't count here. Hope you know that rahul. And no, I am not trying to say anything against you.

avi said:
It's a GT and posts doesn't count here. Hope you know that rahul. And no, I am not trying to say anything against you.
neither am i my friend, but if your work is done without paying anything extra means its no corruption, lets take it positive rather than being negative & cynical all the time.

About Charitable Hospitals, let me be very frank over here & not jsut commenting on the one named here. These Hospitals are a big ploy to attract Patients, OPD slips are cheap or free, say 10/- but once the patient has been tricked into admission, later charges like room, operation, services, etc. are more than other Private hospitals. Only that an aura/facade of free/cheap is made, its acually a big gimmick to make easy money.

While there may be some(very few) true charitable hospitals but the quality of services at such hospitals are really bad.

A start for an anti corruption fight was much required & this has been a Brilliant start. We only need the mommentum going & changes will be seen. Its a long fight but Young India needs to join in in a big way.

corruption is many a times misunderstood.

in some countries, people give incentives, gifts, tips for good work and will. Work at an A class restaurant in india and compare the tips to that of what you may get at a non famous Food joint in US.

People are generally underpaid..be it police or be it any other service industry...just that it is easier for police to get it anyhow somehow.

Have you seen Payment per Hour worth in Service industry?

IF these people were satisfied with their job then maybe some of them would not consider bribe as an extra income. I'm not neglecting 'Greed' here but bribe is understood as an extra income source. People are not ashamed of it.

As for the topic... please do not OT with your personal experience. You are weighing you one experience with the man's lifetime of efforts. You are adamant to change and that is how you are perceiving the world to be...basic psychology...

that discussions are going on , on the other hand , anna's image is taking a nose dive after revealing that 4 days of fast cost 50 lakhs and releasing a cd with one of the panel members on the bill giving directions to bribe a judge ( which they say is doctored) ... so not to worry , another month and this will die down after the 15 mins of coolness is up

avi said:
So guys what happened to Lokpal bill ? Why everything calm now ?

Links to latest news will be appreciated :)
The Jan Lokpal Bill Drafting Committee has started its work on the draft from April 16.

The Joint Drafting Committee to prepare a draft of the Bill will have five ministers from the government and five nominees of Hazare, including himself.

The five Ministers are

1. Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Chairperson,

2. Home Minister P. Chidamabaram,

3. Law Minister Veerappa Moily (Convenor),

4. HRD Minister Kapil Sibal

5. Water Resources Minister Salman Khurshid.
The civil society will be represented by

1. Anna Hazare,

2. former Supreme court judge N Santosh Hegde,

3. Shanti Bhushan (Co-Chairperson),

4. Prashant Bhushan

5. RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal.
The committee shall complete its work latest by June 30 2011

then it will go back to the parliament, hazare will sit on fast again, Facebook & twitter will be back in action, TRP race of news channel will be seen too, in short the CAT & MOUSE race will begin again in 2 months time.

till that time give this thread a rest, it will begin again & hopefully neha and his hospital wala uncle will stay out because they said they were done with hazare & this thread :p

kippu said:
that discussions are going on , on the other hand , anna's image is taking a nose dive after revealing that 4 days of fast cost 50 lakhs and releasing a cd with one of the panel members on the bill giving directions to bribe a judge ( which they say is doctored) ... so not to worry , another month and this will die down after the 15 mins of coolness is up
50 lakhs for a fast? Holy shit. Is this guy Kalmadi's relative

According to agitators , figure is 32 lacs for last four months of activity and campaigns and not just for 4 days. Lets see if its false, it would surely be countered by lot of puppet agencies of government, if not then Civil society seems lot better than what Digvijay and his team are trying to project.

Its not surprising that politicians are trying hard to malign the names of Civil Society people when these guys are hitting them right between their legs !

holyshit !! he took money for that ??? Who gave him ? BJP people ??

@rahul - thanks for heads up

agantuk said:
50 lakhs for a fast? Holy shit. Is this guy Kalmadi's relative

He is his father.

Back