HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

tufel said:
1. Budget: 26k approx.

2. Viewing distance: 5-7ft.

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc: Xbox360 and a HD DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV: LCD only

5. Preference for brands :Any good brand

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market: Nope.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room: Adequate

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc: USB 2.0 capable of playing multiple formats

Can somone answer this?

^^for that kinda distance a 32' suits your requirement. But I feel the budget is too low. Unless you are willing to purchase from the grey market. Even there I guess you would have limited options. By the way didn't you make this thread best-32-lcd-or-led. The inputs given to you in that thread were proper. Samsung LA32D550- fulfills all your requirement. I strongly suggest you increase your budget and go for it. OR purchase the Samsung 32C530 that you were offered for 28k, bargain a little I think you can get it for less cause its a 2010 model. Or purchase a Sony KDL 32BX420. Although it doesn't have the media play back you need. Sony 46BX420 Review

OK guys am in a fix and need an answer before the 5th to avail this offer..which one is better out of the following:

Samsung Series 5 LA40C530 40" LCD for 42.5 K (Without Exchange !!!)

Samsung LA42C430 42" Plasma TV 38.3K (Without Exchange !!!)
HERE are the links just in case anyone wants to check it out:
LA40C530 : http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Produ...ng+Series+5+LA40C530+40+inches+LCD+TV/2447098
LA42C430 : http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Product/Plasmas/Samsung+LA42C430+42+inches+Plasma+TV/2451900

mandeep said:
OK guys am in a fix and need an answer before the 5th to avail this offer..which one is better out of the following:

Samsung Series 5 LA40C530 40" LCD for 42.5 K (Without Exchange !!!)

Samsung LA42C430 42" Plasma TV 38.3K (Without Exchange !!!)
HERE are the links just in case anyone wants to check it out:
LA40C530 : http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Produ...ng+Series+5+LA40C530+40+inches+LCD+TV/2447098
LA42C430 : http://ezone.futurebazaar.com/Product/Plasmas/Samsung+LA42C430+42+inches+Plasma+TV/2451900
Get the 40C530

I am in Shimla and looking for a 40inch LCD for a friend

the choices available on ebay deal of week are

SONY 40" BRAVIA 40CX520 FULL HD LCD TV 40CX52

1 YEAR DEALER WARRANTY @ LOWEST PRICE + FREE SHIP

SONY 40" BRAVIA 40CX520 FULL HD LCD TV 40CX52 | eBay

or

SAMSUNG 40" LED 40D5000 + 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Brand New + Free shipping 46.6k

SAMSUNG 40" LED 40D5000 + 1 YEAR WARRANTY | eBay

both r with dealer warranty

available in Shimla best i can get is 40inch Samsung D550 for 47.5k with samsung warranty

need input fast ebay deal is on only for 4 days more

^^..Both of them are quite competent lcd sets in the price range. Now it just depends on what your friend wants. The Sony KDL40CX520 is a grey market piece with dealer warranty & the Samsung one comes with Samsung India warranty; so if your friend is not worried about warranty he can go ahead with the Sony 40'. Personally using it since a month now, completely loving it :D. Bought it through grey market only. You can read about both of them in the above given links.

Re: The "Help me buy an HDTV" thread!

1. Budget = 30K to 40K

2. Viewing distance = 15 to 20 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc = HD DTH; DVD; DVI/HDMI input; USB media (bonus feature, not a deal-breaker)

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV = LCD TV/LED TV

5. Preference for brands = Samsung; LG; Sony (if no other available)

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market = No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room = Back (opp. TV) and Side (TV left) lighting through windows (curtains/screens available), fluorescent room lighting.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc = Not Important

^^ for that kinda distance u at least need a 40' LCD. But your budget is to low for it. The cheapest 40' through grey market would be the Sony 40BX420. SONY 40BX420 .

jags1987 said:
^^..Both of them are quite competent lcd sets in the price range. Now it just depends on what your friend wants. The Sony KDL40CX520 is a grey market piece with dealer warranty & the Samsung one comes .....

How can a grey market item have warranty ??

Please help.:help2:

1. Budget: 55-60K. slightly more possible if i get a good TV.

2. Viewing distance: ~10-12 feet.

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Primarily DTH/HD DTH/media player (/HTPC not sure).

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV : Plasma or LCD/LED.

5. Preference for brands : Panasonic Plasma or Sony/Samsung? No idea of Panasonic LCDs.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? NO.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room : Window/Balcony bang opposite the TV, Some decorative lamps?

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. : No 3D. DLNA? what is that? do i need it?

My friend went and checked a Panasonic TH-P42V20D at night. That and other plasmas were showing a yellowish tinge and blue looked sea green.:S

The LCD/LED TVs next to it looked ok with whatever stuff the showrooms dish out.

Surely disconcerting for someone looking at a Plasma on being recommended one but with a bent towards getting an LCD/LED TV.

Any ideas why?

So looking at LCDs now- maybe Sony 40"/46"- EX520 or CX520. Or a Samsung LA40C530 or something.

No idea what's good.

Now very confused, with all the options he has seen and not sure which is good.

Hey guys, I was first planning to maybe get a monitor to use as TV and for console gaming. But now have decided to go for 32" LED screen.

Went to check them out and finalized two.

-LG 32LE4610: Rs34,500/-

-Samsung 32D5000: Rs40,500/-

Image quality on both looked good and similar. LG seems to be a very good VFM screen but no way any less than the Samsung in PQ.

I am unable to understand the reason as to why the Samsung TV is costing 6k more than LG, except for the LAN port and extra USB, HDMI port. And also bluetooth.

The main positive I see in Samsung is its appearance.

What do you guys have to say? Is the Samsung worth extra 6k or should I go for LG?

One more thing. Does anyone know if the LG 32LE4610 is 2010 model or 2011?

How is This For Rs. 26,999.00

Sony Bravia CX Series KDL -32CX520 32" Full HD LCD TV

Kindly Suggest Better Options In Budget Less than 30K

1. Budget.

Less Than 30K

2. Viewing distance.

10 Feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

DVD Player & Airtel DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LCD TV

5. Preference for brands.

Better Than El Chepo Brands

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Yes If the deal is too tempting

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Normal Tube Light ;)

Hi All,

Am from Bangalore. Looking to buy 32 inch LCD ( HD ready / Full HD) tv

Shortlisted these models

1) LG 32LK311 - (hd ready, usb with divx) costs Rs.23,300 ( letsbuy)

2) LG 32LK430- (full hd, usb with divx) costs Rs.30,400 (letsbuy)

Please tell me which one to buy. My budget is 30k, but I would be very happy to save some money as I have other things to buy to set up my home here. Is the 7k worth paying extra for the Full HD Model?

My usage is mainly DTH tata sky normal and movies which I download from internet. As of now I watch only 720p resolution movies so HD ready is sufficient for current usage... but is it future proof? :)

Are there any other models that I should consider?

Please please tell me a shop in Bangalore to buy LCD tv. I checked out Girias and Ezone and both of them are charging 3-4k extra when compared to letsbuy. And as this is LCD tv I don't want to order it online!

Please help me Bangalore folks

1. Budget. 30 - 35k

2. Viewing distance. - 5-6 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. - airtel iptv or DTH and a mediaplayer

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - LED or LCD any can do

5. Preference for brands. Sony or Samsung

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - yeah :)

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. a Tubelight

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. no idea about them :p

G33kgod said:
1. Budget. 30 - 35k

2. Viewing distance. - 5-6 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. - airtel iptv or DTH and a mediaplayer

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - LED or LCD any can do

5. Preference for brands. Sony or Samsung

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - yeah :)

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. a Tubelight

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. no idea about them :p
Samsung 32D550 if purchased via grey market

If you want a SPVA panel guaranteed you can go with Sony 32" CX520 in the grey market costs around 26k.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Deathbearer said:
How is This For Rs. 26,999.00

Sony Bravia CX Series KDL -32CX520 32" Full HD LCD TV

Kindly Suggest Better Options In Budget Less than 30K

1. Budget.
Less Than 30K

2. Viewing distance.
10 Feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
DVD Player & Airtel DTH

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LCD TV

5. Preference for brands.
Better Than El Chepo Brands

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
Yes If the deal is too tempting

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Normal Tube Light ;)
The CX520 is the best you can get under 30k.

Gannu said:
Budget? 10ch.
did it :p
adder said:
Samsung 32D550 if purchased via grey market
i got two qoutes from gaffar mkt ,new delhi
sony 32EX520 - Rs33500
Sony32EX420 - RS 29000
Will inquire about 32d550 but is this model better than 32d5000 ??
TIA
:)

G33kgod said:
did it :p

i got two qoutes from gaffar mkt ,new delhi
sony 32EX520 - Rs33500
Sony32EX420 - RS 29000
Will inquire about 32d550 but is this model better than 32d5000 ??
TIA
:)
The D5000 is better but its more expensive,but it mainly depends on the panel you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back