[Heads Up] HP Touchpad Refurbs at 99$/149$ for 16GB/32GB models - HP Ebay store

Gannu said:

Office internet restrictions. Half the sites are blocked :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
What is it that you are confused about ?? Let us know and we can then help you better.

I am mostly confused about the UI experience and overall usability considering the price even though TouchPad is refurbished.
Especially concerned about availability and handling of games and HD movies.

And also the quality of WebOS and Ported Android support communities.

Ive installed Android Alpha 3 from Rootzwiki and i must say the tablet absolutely loves android and vice versa, mind you the port is still in its infancy so problems pop up now and then like wifi suddenly going out of range and coming back. The best part is you get to keep both Android and WebOS.

As far as HD movies goes, if u are looking to run a 1080P file with >20mbps bitrate then u are in the wrong thread however if u are looking at a 720P with a moderate 7.5mbps bitrate then u are golden.

It plays every game you throw at it[the dual core really shines here], except ofcourse the Tegra optimized one, the android port is still not there yet.

The UI experience is good if not great with WebOS, by the time android reaches the Beta stage it would be a delight to use. Usability is entirely upto you, what u want may not be equal to what u get but what u need would definitely be satisfied.

Hope that helps.

P.S In case i get through with ordering a couple, would you guys take it? I dont want to order and be left with two TPs in my hand.

P.S.S No profit, no nothing, just helping where i could. Me from TN [atleast for an another month]

memnom said:
Ive installed Android Alpha 3 from Rootzwiki and i must say the tablet absolutely loves android and vice versa, mind you the port is still in its infancy so problems pop up now and then like wifi suddenly going out of range and coming back. The best part is you get to keep both Android and WebOS.

As far as HD movies goes, if u are looking to run a 1080P file with >20mbps bitrate then u are in the wrong thread however if u are looking at a 720P with a moderate 7.5mbps bitrate then u are golden.

It plays every game you throw at it[the dual core really shines here], except ofcourse the Tegra optimized one, the android port is still not there yet.

The UI experience is good if not great with WebOS, by the time android reaches the Beta stage it would be a delight to use. Usability is entirely upto you, what u want may not be equal to what u get but what u need would definitely be satisfied.

Hope that helps.

P.S In case i get through with ordering a couple, would you guys take it? I dont want to order and be left with two TPs in my hand.

P.S.S No profit, no nothing, just helping where i could. Me from TN [atleast for an another month]

hey i will take one if u could order 2 :)

I suggest everyone pls try to buy 2 each. Then we can share it with people who didnt get it.

Oh, What else if everyone get's it?

Dont worry , it will sell as hot cakes in India

Guys i think i am really late here. Just saw the thread. Dad is coming on 18th next week. He is in Los angeles, california. This is a good deal. But i dnt think he has a paypal account . Coz he doesnt buy online mostly. He prefers buying from shops there.How much will it take him to get it shipped to his address? I mean 99$ + taxes + shipping + paypal + airport duties for tablets = ?? Correct if im wrng. I can get one or two for sumone of u,if u stay in mumbai.

rdbbond said:
Guys i think i am really late here. Just saw the thread. Dad is coming on 18th next week. He is in Los angeles, california. This is a good deal. But i dnt think he has a paypal account . Coz he doesnt buy online mostly. He prefers buying from shops there.How much will it take him to get it shipped to his address? I mean 99$ + taxes + shipping + paypal + airport duties for tablets = ?? Correct if im wrng. I can get one or two for sumone of u,if u stay in mumbai.

Ask him to get it as we cannot import refurbished items legally. rocker123 has posted info about it in the GO thread.

vivek.krishnan said:
Ask him to get it as we cannot import refurbished items legally. rocker123 has posted info about it in the GO thread.

Is it that we cannot get refurbs through SNS etc or we cannot get even if someone personally is coming ?

Btw what is the issue with refurb items? I fail to understand the logic behind not allowing them.

Considering that i end up spending 12k on the 32GB refurbished version,

What other viable options do i have in tablets besides TouchPad?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mjumrani said:
Considering that i end up spending 12k on the 32GB refurbished version,

What other viable options do i have in tablets besides TouchPad?

Well, none. At least not as good as the TP. Maybe the Ainol7 or something.

Ok. And if i wanted to buy a good dual core tablet in India(no import) what are my options?

That means i will need ebay account and a paypal account. Is this all? Or sumthing more to buy? Airport Taxes must be 14%? What if he is using it?

^ if your dad is not getting anything else of high value he wont be charged for the tablet. passengers are allowed 25k duty free allowance. plus 1 laptop free. i dont know if tablets are covered under that but unless he's getting some other big ticket item he should be ok.

also pm'd you

filmguy said:
^ if your dad is not getting anything else of high value he wont be charged for the tablet. passengers are allowed 25k duty free allowance. plus 1 laptop free. i dont know if tablets are covered under that but unless he's getting some other big ticket item he should be ok.

also pm'd you

Its all about luck and the show of confidence.

Whenever I have come back from abroad I have always have things worth atleast a lakh if not more in the bag and I have never been stopped.

He is getting three iPhone 4S FU.

Of which he will be showing that two he is using with sim of course.lolzzzz....

He can show that he is using a tablet too. Dont know what else he will be using to avoid taxes...hahaha

They sure will be charging him for 2 phones and 2 tablets i guess.

Back