[Heads Up] HP Touchpad Refurbs at 99$/149$ for 16GB/32GB models - HP Ebay store

varkey said:
^ For the 16 GB version, I guess the split-up would be somewhat like this

$99 + local shipping + US taxes = $115 ie Rs 6095 (Not sure whether they would give free local shipping, plus there will be tax most probably in NY)
US to India shipping - $34 + tax = Rs 1900 (Assuming weight would be less than 2kg)
Customs @ ~ 15% = Rs 1000

Total ~ 9k
Google mentions the weight of a shipped TouchPad being around 4.70 pounds (2,131.88414 grams). So SNS shipping would probably be ~$42

Maestro said:
Google mentions the weight of a shipped TouchPad being around 4.70 pounds (2,131.88414 grams). So SNS shipping would probably be ~$42

As per Amazon:
Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 7.5 x 9.4 inches ; 1.6 pounds
Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
Cant really predict the shipping weight.

akshay7g said:
As per Amazon:

Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 7.5 x 9.4 inches ; 1.6 pounds

Shipping Weight: 3 pounds

Cant really predict the shipping weight.

Although Amazon should be more reliable for dimension and weight prediction, but the problem is that outer packing differs from seller to seller.

I suggest asking someone on TE who got their touchpad directly from HP and have got through SNS as he would be the best person to let you the shipping weight which was considered by SNS.

mjumrani said:
Does ICCWORLD work in the same way as SNS?

In SNS you pay shipping and custom on delivery to the courier guy, while with 'ICC-Just Ship', when the item gets past customs they send you an invoice with the total amount to be paid. Only after paying that amount item is shipped to you from their Mumbai office.

This was my HP Touchpad 16GB breakup.

Paypal + Conversion Charges = 5655. [This is when $ was around 46, so expect this to be around 5.8-6.2k]

ICC Shipping and Tax [for the product] = 2024 [again around 200/300 more]

Varkey used SnS and the cost came around 3-3.5 [not sure] for the same HP Touchpad 16gb and the reasoning was the Volumetric weight of the package was high.

So pick your poison guys, 7K is the norm for the 16GB, u can extrapolate the data to the 32GB version too.

Can experienced members start a Go for Novo7 or refurb Touchpad, including their profit in the cost. It would be awesome to get these products at such good discounts...

Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced seems to be the better deal with Android 2.3.4 + 8GB + 1.5 GHz CPU + HDMI + 1080p + Dual Camera+ Free Remote.

It's available at ebay.in but costly at 12K :(

Crossx said:
Ainol NOVO 7 Advanced seems to be the better deal with Android 2.3.4 + 8GB + 1.5 GHz CPU + HDMI + 1080p + Dual Camera+ Free Remote.

It's available at ebay.in but costly at 12K :(

Would shipping it to SNS China address and then shipping it here make it cheaper?

memnom said:
Varkey used SnS and the cost came around 3-3.5 [not sure] for the same HP Touchpad 16gb and the reasoning was the Volumetric weight of the package was high.

I used ICC PPO itself, the final shipping plus customs came to Rs 2835 as the volumetric weight was about 3 KG. Well, it was partially the sender's fault, he had put the touchpad in a box which can hold 3 touchpads! :p With SnS no need to worry about Volumetric Weight etc, as they always consider only the actual weight.

Ainol advanced is available in mp4nation and they ship to India for free. I just ordered one, and it would probably take 5-10 days.

tech4pk said:
Ainol advanced is available in mp4nation and they ship to India for free.

Could you please post a link to the Ainol Tablet sale on Mp4Nation? I cant seem to find Ainol there.

EDIT: Ainol NOVO7 Advance is now discontinued and only Ainol NOVO7 Basic will be available now on. No stock of either at Mp4Nation..Ainol is moving to Novo8 in the next few weeks - This information is as per online support of Mp4Nation.

mjumrani said:
Someone please do a comparison between the tabs. TouchPad and the others.
I'm utterly confused right now :(

What is it that you are confused about ?? Let us know and we can then help you better.

Back