Help, Got Galaxy S2 I9100G instead of I9100

Hey guys, no worries. Samsung provided an update via KIES today for I9100G. So they are supporting the phone officially. Awesome. Its 2.3.6 version.

i9100gupdate.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Updated the phone. Its 2.3.6. Very happy now. :clap:

ambar_hitman said:
Hey guys, no worries. Samsung provided an update via KIES today for I9100G. So they are supporting the phone officially. Awesome. Its 2.3.6 version.
i9100gupdate.jpg

Updated the phone. Its 2.3.6. Very happy now. :clap:
Thats nice.. Checked for updates for I9100.. No updates, its still the same (2.3.3)

Enjoy... :hap2:

^ Samsung India is very lazy when it comes to pushing updates for their flagship phones. The i9100 hasnt got any updates since June & I dont expect it will get any updates in the future as well. May be when the ICS update is released, we, indians will get it too.

So all the i9100 users out there, who are still waiting for updates via Kies, my advice to you is to stop waiting & start flashing official ROMS using Odin from Intratech's thread on XDA. Believe me after you use Odin, you will never go back to Kies. :)

better still use Mobile ODIN by chainfire and update from within your phone. also allows you to pre root the rom while flashing.

The phone seems a lot smoother now, and battery life and sound quality is even better. Now wont do any flashing/modding till ICS.

Screw that Samsung Technical Support guy who said Samsung India doesn't sell I9100G. If they were not selling, why would they push update for it via KIES. Stupid dude spread useless FUD.

manu1991 said:
better still use Mobile ODIN by chainfire and update from within your phone. also allows you to pre root the rom while flashing.

Not working for KK5 unfortunately. Also not recommended for users who dont wanna root their phones.

ambar_hitman said:
The phone seems a lot smoother now, and battery life and sound quality is even better. Now wont do any flashing/modding till ICS.

Screw that Samsung Technical Support guy who said Samsung India doesn't sell I9100G. If they were not selling, why would they push update for it via KIES. Stupid dude spread useless FUD.

Dont rely on Samsung Customer Support for information. They are a bunch of dancing monkeys. They dont have any relevant information on anything.

Why did you buy an android then?

Trust me,it is easy!!

There is so much to do on stock itself, that rooting is far away. I dont even get that much time to use my phone itself. Chainfire 3D seems tempting, but I have PS3 and PSP, with over 50 games on each of them to be completed, so no time for Mobile usage for now. I will just wait for ICS and then think about rooting. I dont want to do anything that voids the warranty OR potentially voids the warranty for atleast 6 months.

devvfata1ity said:
So all the i9100 users out there, who are still waiting for updates via Kies, my advice to you is to stop waiting & start flashing official ROMS using Odin from Intratech's thread on XDA. Believe me after you use Odin, you will never go back to Kies. :)

Thanks devvfata1ity.. Flashed KK5 using Odin..

junk_qwe said:
Thanks devvfata1ity.. Flashed KK5 using Odin..

Glad it worked out for you. The KK5 firmware is really fast & gives great battery life. With heavy use I am getting a day's back up now :)

red dragon said:
^^Any significant improvement?Please share your own experience as a user,not benchmarks results.

Well these are my observations:

1. The phone is very fast now with normal usage. Zero lag :)

2. The scrolling has become super smooth even with a live wallpaper & many widgets.

3. The wifi performance is better. The phone holds on to wifi signal much better now.

4. Cellular performance is better with better signal reception.

5. GPS fixes on location quicker.

6. Browser is hell fast now. Flash enabled websites load in jiffy.

7. As per my perception, the color profile is looking better balanced now (less saturated colors in movies) although i might be wrong.

8. More settings in camera app & pics come out with better colors now.

Now the drawbacks

1. Blue overscroll effect even in browser is not cool. (been there since 2.3.5)

2. Audio quality is still piss poor

Yea I had rooted it but I unrooted it cause I had to get my phone replaced due to display issues. The new one I havent rooted yet. Waiting for ICS :)

ambar_hitman said:

Ha Ha coz vietnam and UK models are the first to receive the update. Indian models are still stuck with 2.3.3. :p

btw: You should try MIUI based on 2.3.6. I am using it from quite sometime and its great.

The latest update has seemingly taken the audio quality down a bit.. it's much more "boxed" in perception. Call audio quality too looks to be subdued.

Also the blue bleed/overscroll effect is sooo friggin annoying.. it's literally an eyesore!! really disgusting and i hope Samsung gets rid of it.. it's definitely a cheap gimmick and certainly of no value :mad:

Also noted that the power save with auto brightness/image analysis will cause sudden and unsightly fluctuations in brightness/while levels and tones! I dont know if this is a sensor programming issue or just poor implementation of the auto sensing code but it only seems to happen when the battery is low.

else no other issues noted.

Back