High CPU Temp 82C AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

MIne too always stays stock @1.7ghz if I enable power saving mode and it lags a bit so switched back to my custom setting profile.

I too thought but it isnt even if its written..may be themed version.
This is how Ryzen master looks usually.. and no theme change option as well.

238593-ryzen-master-ui-apu-graphics-overclocking-1260.jpg
I am not using ryzen master. this is radeon software for amd gpu which now have this functionality in performance tuning. also My settings are set in bios and not in ryzen master as that needs to be set everytime for me when I shutdown.
by default only. thats ryzen master

Its by default. Ive never seen it go lower than 2.2 . Maybe Im missing something in power saver settings or in bios.
How did you manage to go so low or is it by default ?
set it in bios. Mine is 42 multiplier and xmp at 3200mhz or higher (don't remember). voltage offset 1.3 as overridden.

I am not using ryzen master. this is radeon software for amd gpu which now have this functionality in performance tuning. also My settings are set in bios and not in ryzen master as that needs to be set everytime for me when I shutdown.

set it in bios. Mine is 42 multiplier and xmp at 3200mhz or higher (don't remember). voltage offset 1.3 as overridden.
I too have set everything in bios just wanted more goodness if anything more possible..
Nor I rely on ryzen master or anything else.

I re-did the thermal paste with ARCTIC MX-4, the temp went down little bit to 78C but not that much :(

How to under volt? Any good links? Don't want to fire/brick the CPU :p

For switching to Air Cooler would like to avoid extra cost if undervolt solves my occasional slowness and restarts.

how old is your bios? IIRC there was a new microcode update that solved some issues pertaining to the 5800x if im not mistaken, remember this from a livestream on LTT/jayztwocents

perhaps try updating bios to the latest version if you havent already

i assume you're joking right ?

BTW This tool is developed by "Yuri Bubliy aka 1usmus" who also had shared the DRAM Calculator, CTR ryzen software etc.
I wasn't joking if he is a German I suppose not.
I know 1usmus but not Yuri bubly.

Mainstream Hollywood associates Hydra with Nazis and neo-Nazis.
Like for example : Captains America 1st cinema, G.I Zoe movies etc

Who would probably name his project as Project Hydra unless he likes Hydra very much.

I also have seen other YouTube who name starts with dra4 something like this.

Just saying don't take this seriously. Okay.

I know 1usmus brought many tools for AMD chips for memory tuning and overclocking. They are great indeed.

I am into Hollywood nowadays more. You suppose in this way.

Last edited:
My 5800x idles at 37-40 and during gaming at 1080p using a 1080ti it averages at 62-70. I'm using the NZXT x53. CPU is at stock. During some game installs when the CPU hits 100% all cores, I've seen it hit 89C max.

Back