Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Aman27deep said:
aren't ICO and SoTC being remade in 1080p?
Yep they are. Remastered to 720p, the 2 titles in a single package would be released by Team ICO this May (tentatively) as Ico & Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection. Can't wait for it. :D

A new title is also in the works called The Last Guardian due this November. :)

This is one game which needed lot of brains and concentration !! Used to love playing it on my 6600GT and 17" CRT :D

Well they f*cked up Kane & Lynch 2, hope IO gets their act together to resurrect Agent 47 back in style. I have played every Hitman game till date, barring the very first one. Silent Assassin ranks the best amongst all of them. Blood Money's engine still looks amazing. And for heaven's sake, please retain Jesper Kyd for composing the uber-awesome OST. Silent Assassin's menu theme still gives me goosebumps. :p

quan_chi, my fellow Agent 47 fan, where art thou?

My fav game of all time hence "47"Shailesh :p.
I used to play each level again and again till I get a 'Silent Assassin' rating. Let's see when 5 turn real.

Silent Assassin was one of the first games I played on PC. I just love this series. Though, I think none of the subsequent games have been able to match Silent Assassin or Codename 47. Still, it would be great to play as No 47 again.

Also, now that Eidos is owned by Square Enix, I guess we can expect 'n' number of sequels of all their franchises. Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief all check. One more I would wish for is a sequel/reboot/remake of Freedom Fighters.

Started Hitman Blood Money once again, still love the game :p

---

Off topic, Dedicated to Vamsi, Bluffmaster and Pradeep.

yodawghouse.jpg

New Hitman game Teased by IO

A series of clues have been posted online suggesting the imminent reveal of a new Hitman game.

It's the first semi-official acknowledgement of the game's existence, following its confirmation by an embargo-unaware voice actor last October. Developer IO have said nothing, being more focused on their new franchise Kane and Lynch.

Advertisement:

Now a series of images that refer to Agent 47's signature barcode have appeared online, and have been extensively documented at Hitmanforum - with contributions from IO's community manager. It began with a mysterious ad in a catalogue at the Sundance Film Festival, showing a box of doughnuts, a barcode ending in 47, and a none-too-subtle brand of "Hitman Series".

Enquiries to the advertiser resulted in a forum member being sent an image of some paperwork, another barcode, and the signature black gloves. After some speculation, this was followed by yet another image, with yet another barcode.

The barcodes all end in 47, and one of them is very close to Codename 47's own - but nobody has quite worked out what it all means. IO's community chap is fanning the flames but won't confirm anything; the current guess is that it points to an E3 reveal. The images are all below, and you can read the whole thing here, although as with all ARGs it's a bit of a slog to get through and we aren't entirely sure we've grasped it ourselves. Put the kettle on, we suggest.

Source: OXM UK

Screenies:

14968624.jpg

69319405.jpg

77305208.jpg

Ethan_Hunt said:
Well they f*cked up Kane & Lynch 2, hope IO gets their act together to resurrect Agent 47 back in style. I have played every Hitman game till date, barring the very first one. Silent Assassin ranks the best amongst all of them. Blood Money's engine still looks amazing. And for heaven's sake, please retain Jesper Kyd for composing the uber-awesome OST. Silent Assassin's menu theme still gives me goosebumps. :p

quan_chi, my fellow Agent 47 fan, where art thou?

Right here.:chapeau:secretly observing this secret agent thread.:D

anyways kane and lynch 2 is the most stable and a fair game according to me.the representation and style was quite innovative.
Coming to blood money i remember completing the entire game except one level in silent assasin ranking.same for the silent assasin.

quan chi said:
Right here.:chapeau:secretly observing this secret agent thread.:D

anyways kane and lynch 2 is the most stable and a fair game according to me.the representation and style was quite innovative.

Coming to blood money i remember completing the entire game except one level in silent assasin ranking.same for the silent assasin.

and I was beginning to think that your recent MK title has got you distracted. :p

If you have played K&L, then Dogs Days just doesn't hold a candle to the way the first game was presented. Taking a new direction in terms of gameplay was a quite innovative, but the overall package wasn't anything remotely close to the first game's impact. So I sincerely pray that they don't tarnish the reputation of the Agent 47 that we have enjoyed playing over the years.

Ethan_Hunt said:
and I was beginning to think that your recent MK title has got you distracted. :p

If you have played K&L, then Dogs Days just doesn't hold a candle to the way the first game was presented. Taking a new direction in terms of gameplay was a quite innovative, but the overall package wasn't anything remotely close to the first game's impact. So I sincerely pray that they don't tarnish the reputation of the Agent 47 that we have enjoyed playing over the years.
Hitman is one of the best and most popular stealth game ever created every game is unique in its own.

Aman27deep said:
Hes just saying that we should hope Hitman isn't ruined :p
i think he already understood what i meant to day.;)
for you:- it means all the previous hitman titles were a hit.Therefore it is almost illogical to think that this current title(if it comes out) will be ruined.It always had an engrossing story or gameplay.:D

^ I don't agree with you at all, because K&L 1 was also developed by Eidos Interactive/IO interactive, and so was K&L 2, and K&L 2 was a disastrous game to say the least. And Hitman is developed and Published by the same duo (IO developer and Eidos publisher). So i have to disagree with you.

^^Yeah you can.But dont forget k&l and hitman are completely different.Hitman is not a run-n-gun.You can complete a mission in various manner this is where it gains a point.

IO interactive (or square enix) is only famous because of this single title,you can say hitman is like their logo.They probably dont want to mess up this one.

After three weeks of following a breadcrumb trail Hitman ARG (alternate reality game), the first screenshot of Eidos’s upcoming contract killer game, Hitman 5 has been discovered.

Solving all the clues thrown at them, led the forums members of the Hitman website to this screenshot, which looks like a CG video grab and might possibly be taken from the announcement trailer for the game which will be revealed at E3 this year.

Eidos had earlier confirmed that Hitman 5 is in development and the world would get their first glimpse at the title over at E3 2011, which will take place in LA Convention Center in June.

The image shows our bald assassin, holding his favorite weapon and looks all sorts of awesome.

jJSnj.jpg

World's first Hitman 5 screenshot revealed | GamersMint

Looks good :)

Back