Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

chiron said:
Not a huge fan of the franchise but iirc one of the main appeal of the games was to wait and observe the paths various characters take and figure out the timing by dying a couple of times in tough situations and then perfectly execute the mission. Having x-ray vision and pathfinding really dumbs it down (not to mention the obvious lack of realism). Isn't this what cheats are intended for? Regardless of whether the gameplay turns out to be good this is too much of a deviation from the premise.

They have to change things. 5 year ago's hardcore gamer might not even be a gamer now. The largest demography of gamer's currently is young teenagers (who play COD and shout on the Mic) and if you put a tough game for them, they'll not play it (or complete it).

So thing's have to change with time, but for all it's worth, i think the gameplay trailer is pretty good anyway. Will be looking forward to this one.

Aman27deep said:
They have to change things. 5 year ago's hardcore gamer might not even be a gamer now. The largest demography of gamer's currently is young teenagers (who play COD and shout on the Mic) and if you put a tough game for them, they'll not play it (or complete it).

So thing's have to change with time, but for all it's worth, i think the gameplay trailer is pretty good anyway. Will be looking forward to this one.

That is true indeed but I think the newer games should at least provide ways to customize the difficulty settings by tweaking options like turning certain helpful but dumb features off/on.

Can be incorporated like the manual gear setting option in certain racing games.

Saw the 17 minute gameplay video except for the graphics and atmosphere the gameplay looks totally gimped the ability to see AI's pathway is just stupid totally takes the fun out of game i wish this is optional just like the stupid object highlighters in Deus ex HR

one more quip i had about the game after watching the video is the dialogues kinda feel cheesy it screams that they want to make the whole thing Cinematic.

Like any other games this gen this iteration of Hitman will be your usual 6 hour SP affair after which it gets bombarded with DLC's :( sad but true

I'm not sure if the player was playing it stupidly or was the game intended to be that way. But, in the first room, when 47 is taking out one cop after another, why isnt he hiding the bodies? Why didnt he just put one cop's outfit and just walk out of there instead of taking a hostage and alerting EVERYONE? If he had just silently walked out, the whole chopper wouldnt have happened!? Does the game allow these different types of gameplay? They should've at least shown that. For me this was the main USP of the original games. They gave many choices on how to go about missions.

The gameplay style shown in the video is not the 47 we know, imo.

The stealth game play seems to have moved from being in the Hitman style to something like MGS/Splinter Cell.

Also, found this on another forum.

2uYv1l.jpg

I think this time instead of showing enemies in the map in normal mode they have introduced the crappy instinct mode.Which i suspect wont be available in harder modes.

Hitman series deserves more than COD Sh***

I wish this game should be in the list of critical as well as commercial success of 2012 games.

Back