Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Was a pc player but frequent hardware upgrades just puts me off

BS!!!!

Iam a PC player for 8 years i upgraded my computer in 2006 till now iam able to run all the games at constant 30--45 FPS and havent upgraded my rig till now.

I guess diwali has come early for the console people :(

absolution is getting released on all the three platforms simultaneously right?

I have not played any of the prequels so will i be able to understand the story behind absolution

Me going on a stealth Rampage too.
Finished Dishonored then played MGS 1(as always EPIC!) again guess I ll start Hitman next :D

P.s: Never finished any hitman games till now, always found the first 2 hitman games control clunky so gave up and never bothered to try the next two games, probably this game will break that!

Playing it day-1 or got any backlog you're diving into?
Currently playing Assassins creed 3 & sleeping dogs hopefully I will complete both by that time.Speaking of backlogs please dont ask there are many.But i am giving those first priority which takes less time.

BS!!!!

Iam a PC player for 8 years i upgraded my computer in 2006 till now iam able to run all the games at constant 30--45 FPS and havent upgraded my rig till now.

I guess diwali has come early for the console people :(

absolution is getting released on all the three platforms simultaneously right?

I have not played any of the prequels so will i be able to understand the story behind absolution
That depends upon your perspective even NASA computers gets obsolete after 5 years Im not even saying much

PC Gamer gives Hitman: Absolution a 62/100 : Games

Key points of the review:

• Art style is bad and bloom is overused
  • Story is terrible
  • Levels are, for the most part, very small
  • Objectives are usually to open a door, not to kill someone
  • PC port is bad with controls that tell you to "gently" press LMB. Performance is 15~fps on 2/3 review machines
  • No saving discourages exploration
  • Weapons do not carry over across missions
  • AI is bad
  • Game encourages you to kill guards, unlike other Hitman games
  • Most assassinations are cutscenes and in a lot of them 47 fails to kill the target, rendering all of your work pointless
  • Contracts mode is pretty decent
Currently, though, Absolution is not worth buying. If they can somehow patch in a save function, improve performance, and let players do interesting things with Contracts, it will be. Until then, I'd wait for a preposterous Steam sale.
That's someting I never thought I'd have to say about a Hitman game. I desperately hope the reaction to it is strong enough to convince the developers to change direction, because I couldn't stand to watch the series die like this.

That depends upon your perspective even NASA computers gets obsolete after 5 years Im not even saying much

Yeah things going obsolete is true i mean technology is ever evolving, Since a lot of games get console centric development the devs have to show more graphical prowess with limited hardware resources hence when most of the console games are ported to PC they run pretty well on the mid end computers (EG: MT FRAMEWORK GAMES, DIshonored, BL2, Darksirders , MP3) .thanks to console we are getting efficient games which run quite well on mid end PC's there by we dont need to upgrade our hardware frequently as we thought before

- - - Updated - - -

• Story is terrible
  • PC port is bad with controls that tell you to "gently" press LMB. Performance is 15~fps on 2/3 review machines
  • AI is bad
  • Most assassinations are cutscenes and in a lot of them 47 fails to kill the target, rendering all of your work pointless
Currently, though, Absolution is not worth buying. If they can somehow patch in a save function, improve performance, and let players do interesting things with Contracts, it will be. Until then, I'd wait for a preposterous Steam sale.
That's someting I never thought I'd have to say about a Hitman game. I desperately hope the reaction to it is strong enough to convince the developers to change direction, because I couldn't stand to watch the series die like this.

:( i thought this will be worth playing seems the PC port is shitty :(

^^ Some of the points are platform independent. No saves, no weapon carry over? Questionable decisions if I were to put it mildly. Try it? Of course I will. Buy it? Hmm...

• Story is terrible
  • AI is bad
Currently, though, Absolution is not worth buying. If they can somehow patch in a save function, improve performance, and let players do interesting things with Contracts, it will be. Until then, I'd wait for a preposterous Steam sale.​

What a dampener!! I have always been an ardent fan of the Hitman series... god knows how many times I have re-played each of the games from the days of Codename 47 right till Blood Money and was eagerly looking forward to this. Now reading this I'm sorely disappointed to say the least. :(

• Story is terrible
  • AI is bad

That's too bad. :(

Back