Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

^^ More and more games are going with action, over the shoulder TPS gameplay. Don't we have enough TPS coming out.
I would've instead loved if Hitman had gone Mark of the Ninja way, the way it handled multiple assassinations path was awesome.

I am skeptical about 47's latest iteration.But also i think the game is not what it looks like.This time they have made the game more flexible.You now get more options to complete a mission.But still silent assassin will play a major role in unlocking rewards like its predecessors.

Thats what i think.

Difficulty levels detailed

Here's a full breakdown of each difficulty level found in Hitman: Absolution.

EASY

- Players can activate additional checkpoints.
- Instinct regenerates
- Instinct will provide hints
- Enemies react more slowly than normal

MEDIUM

- Players can activate additional checkpoints
- Instinct does not regenerate
- Instinct will provide hints
- Normal enemy presence with normal reaction times

HARD

- Players can activate additional checkpoints
- Instinct depletes when used and does not regenerate
- No Instinct hints
- Additional enemies with improved reaction times

EXPERT

- No player activated checkpoints
- Instinct depletes when used and does not regenerate
- No Instinct hints
- Maximum number of enemies with fastest reaction

PURIST

- No help
- No guides
- No interface
- Only a crosshair

Source: Videogamer

Which difficulty are you going to choose? :p

PC version screenshots:

12503473.jpg

74175341.jpg

Graphic options:

86466657.jpg

Hitman: Absolution’s PC-Only Features Include DX11 and PC UI

News out of Gamescom 2012 brings word of the PC-only features coming to Hitman: Absolution, which include better graphics, a user interface optimized for the PC, and Steamworks support.

DirectX 10 enabled cards will benefit from increased texture and gesture resolution, better shadows and more, while DirectX 11 cards will include bokeh filtering and tessellation. Steamworks support will allow players to upload saved games to the cloud and resume playing on any PC.

IO Interactive’s Jonas Meyer said that IO “want the game to look as awesome as possible” and promises that “Hitman’s suit looks ten times more awesome on PC.”

PC-only features:

Increased texture resolution
Increased gesture resolution
Higher shadow Map resolution
Full mouse and key support
Optimized PC user interface
Optimized for low and high end PCs
Steam works integration including steam cloud saves

Dx 11 only features:

Global illumination
Bokeh
Tesselation
Eyefinity support
HD3D support

Source: Game Front

- - - Updated - - -

Disguises Trailer:

Hitman: Absolution review gets 9/10 in Official PlayStation Magazine, “a peak for the series”

Okay, so bit weird writing a story about your own review but here goes. The latest issue of Official PlayStation mag is heading out to subscribers and in it is the Hitman: Absolution review. My Hitman Absolution review. I really liked it. The game, not the review.

Hitman: Absolution PS3 review

There’s an online embargo so I can’t put the whole thing up obviously but here’s a quote that best gets across the game’s strengths.
“Here [Hitman has] finally been perfected in what is probably a peak for the series so far. It takes the ideas that made the original games so great and presents them in a modern context of checkpoints, hints and forgiveness but without sacrificing any of the challenge, excitement or shivery-skinned thrill of pulling off some impossibly and beautifully planned hit.”
Importantly, it’s a proper Hitman, that’s all you really need to know. It’s dark, funny, a bit wrong, and packed with a sadistic toy box full of ways to kill people.

Source: Hitman: Absolution review gets 9/10 in Official PlayStation Magazine, "a peak for the series" | PS3 Reviews | Official PlayStation Magazine

Looking good! :eek:hyeah:

Back