HMT discount sale in HMT Showrooms

Only thing I disliked in Nachiket is the serrated bezel
I used to hate my white and gold sona till it grew on me and now it gets more wrist time than any watch. Same with a rajat supreme that belongs to my elder brother. I like it over my nasl now.

Last edited:
It has been months that I am obsessing over hmt kaushal.
any help/suggestion from you guys?
That is hmt's equivalent of the yeti.
If you ever find one, it will be selling in dollars, if you find it that is. I know for sure that there is this place which has almost every watch hmt ever made -but none of them are for sale

aha ! those %$#@ yetis!
anyway, if the demand is so high then why don't they start producing it again?
or did they not know that they have a yeti in their closet?

can't we encourage them by showing our interest?
Its run by babus. I have had a spat with a senior bureaucrat there once.
Why is it that models like the nasl 03 and adsl 03 are oos even though it is possible for hmt to make them? Every one agrees they are among the best watches made,even hmt.
There was this hmt meet at bangalore, where enthusiasts got together and had a chat with the hmt people -they obviously pushed to get back the old famous models.how much depends on whether hmt can pull itself together.I am told that hmt is phasing out current models -nasl series for newer models. Now that the popular watches are out of production for months despite being money spinners,when the new models are entering the market for making revenue is anyone's guess.
Mechanical watches were initially made mostly at bangalore, then a automatics factory opened too.then tumkur, chinar, ranibagh.
Chinar closed down for reasons known to them and is sitting on considerable stock of premium quality pilots and janata watches.
Tumkur factory is idling, ranibagh where all janata and pilots are manufactured now is held back by power availability and quality has definitely dropped.
Watch factory one and two at bangalore-I've been there and well, i will not comment on production because I have no idea what is going on there. So when all the employees want to take vrs are not paid properly and want to save themselves before the ship sinks, where will the watches come from?

On a side note, the adsl 04 are still available as posted a few pages back.
A problem with my hmt watches is mis aligned dials,poorly made cases,mis drilled lugs.when I pay 6500(ok,it's the mrp really) for a watch, it had better be very well made. When a made in Malaysia seiko bought on the Internet trumps the hmt in quality, why would you buy a hmt? When will hmt understand this?

Last edited:
Anyone know if they sell the Kanchan or Rajath, but with the HMT movement. Not the Miyota outsourced one..?

Anyone know if they sell the Kanchan or Rajath, but with the HMT movement. Not the Miyota outsourced one..?
New Kanchan supreme and premium and Rajat supreme have Miyota movement. When you say just Rajat or Kanchan, they are discontinued models and used the India manufactured 6500 movement. The 6500 itself was made in India under license from citizen/Miyota.

New Kanchan supreme and premium and Rajat supreme have Miyota movement. When you say just Rajat or Kanchan, they are discontinued models and used the India manufactured 6500 movement. The 6500 itself was made in India under license from citizen/Miyota.

Yea, I want the 6500 unit.

Back