83957703.jpg

Platforms: PC, X360 & PS3

Type: FPS

Release date: March 15/17/18, April 29 2011

Developer: Digital Extremes (PC) & Kaos Studios

Publisher: THQ

Engine: UE 3

Minimum system requirements:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz (Quad Core 2GHz+ recommended)
2GB of RAM
Shader Model 3.0 graphics card with 256MB of memory
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS / ATI Radeon 1900XT
10GB of free hard drive space
Windows Windows 7 or later
Internet Connection

[youtube]LXR6qg2d6Lk[/youtube]

Homefront is a speculative fiction, set in a near-future, post peak oil world that features a significantly declined United States, and a united Korea that has built a massive alliance in East Asia. The Gate Corporation (a major private military company) also plays a minor role. The game focuses on the collapse of the United States, subsequent occupation by the Greater Korean Republic - a united Korea under the rule of the North - and the American Resistance that fights said occupation. The player is invited to join the American resistance, "using guerrilla tactics, commandeering military vehicles, and utilizing advanced drone technology", but the player may join the Korean Forces as well. The game will also feature vehicle based 32 player online warfare using dedicated servers.

The game is written by John Milius, who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. :eek:hyeah:

jojothedragon said:
Looks like another Russia vs America bullsh1t. :|

Why the devs can't find another country to attack?
its korea vs usa.

anyway even though the game is looking decent on paper i dont think its really bringing anything new to the table.

stalker said:
You seriously need a life Gannu.

There are more things in this world than Video games :p
But trust me when I say this, there is no better way to vent out the anger, madness and frustration that happens at work. Besides, this is just a TP. I know this is all coming to an end eventually. So let me enjoy it until then. :)

it's from THQ and it's also on PC, enough reasons to buy it. Nice to see not another COD bullshit. But it is hard to digest the fact that Norea Korea can take over America. These idiots even can't feed themselves properly. If it was China instead of Korea, the story would have been more believable.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
But trust me when I say this, there is no better way to vent out the anger, madness and frustration that happens at work.:)
Play Table Tennis, one hour of Table Tennis beats hours of video games by miles. My last workplace used to have one. Sadly my current workplace doesn't have any recreational facilities. :(

sugat123 said:
Play Table Tennis, one hour of Table Tennis beats hours of video games by miles. My last workplace used to have one. Sadly my current workplace doesn't have any recreational facilities. :(
None here either. :(

Wish we could have something like this in the campus but I believe in IT-related fields, these are common. Heck we don't even have a smoking lounge in any buildings and need to step out and walk a 100 yards to the nearest चाय की दुकान.

hitman02in said:
its korea vs usa.

anyway even though the game is looking decent on paper i dont think its really bringing anything new to the table.
Its the same bullcrap. america vs {a country weaker/( they sure like to think so) than america}

Grow up devs! We are tired of this sh1t.

Gannu said:
Heck we don't even have a smoking lounge in any buildings and need to step out and walk a 100 yards to the nearest चाय की दुकान.
Smoking lounge are banned in all offices now. This became effective with ban on smoking in public places. you have to now smoke outside office campus :(

Btw, sutta with chai at tapri beats any smoking lounge. Also, Tapri a great place for social interaction. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jojothedragon said:
Its the same bullcrap. america vs {a country weaker/( they sure like to think so) than america}

Grow up devs! We are tired of this sh1t.
Let's see what they cook up this time. Btw, why not China, are they afraid to reality that one day it's gonna be true.

I am very excited about this game infact following this one since it was announced.Looks really good to me.It is from the same people who made the best war FPS in my opinion(in terms of gameplay) Frontlines:fuel of war.Story seems promising ,lets see how this one turns out.

The 1st Homefront Review is here – and it's a 9 on 10! Official PlayStation Magazine Italy just gave Homefront a near-perfect score, calling it ‘One of the most intense, emotional experiences of 2011’.

Facebook link

Back