iOS How much to repair broken iPhone?

astrono_me

Disciple
This is the condition of my iPhone 4 as of today. Both the front and black glass is shattered. How much can I expect to pay to repair it?

Attachments

• iPhone Broken.jpg
    iPhone Broken.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 182
Replacing shattered back and front of iPhone is not really expensive so you are good. Get it replaced and it will look as good as new.

I was offered an 'original' replacement with 1 yr warranty for 5800 for the front. Duplicate was 3500 with no warranty. The duplicate one apparently has some lag (this is the entire digitizer component). The back panel 'original' was about 1800.

Nice, so the un-repairable HTC one can be repaired !!

It's not unrepairable. Only problem was that the body made of aluminium bends easily when trying to take the screen apart. Since the body is also available for just $20-25, I thought of trying my hand on replacing the screen. I will try not to damage the body but if it does happen, I will just get a new body as well.

Do you run a phone repair shop or something. i cannot find a disassemebly video for htc one at all. So figured it was very difficult to repair. In fact there was one joke clip where the best way to fix it was to junk it and get another

Why don't you do a before & after thread where you can demonstrate your repairing skills with htc one.

Do you run a phone repair shop or something. i cannot find a disassemebly video for htc one at all. So figured it was very difficult to repair. In fact there was one joke clip where the best way to fix it was to junk it and get another

Why don't you do a before & after thread where you can demonstrate your repairing skills with htc one.

Don't tell that you were not able to find a single video for htc one disassembly..... Did a search and they're are plenty of them on you tube.

Nopes, nothing of that sort. I repaired an iPhone for my friend and since then I like trying it out on other phones. Replaced my Droid DNA's screen and that of a LG Optimus G. There isn't a video (though I haven't looked properly) but iFixit have a teardown article.
In the article they mention 2 major problems -
1) Impossible to open phone without damaging the plastic bezel on the sides. If the damage isn't that bad, I will just use a bumper case, else will replace the whole back housing for $20.
2) The copper foil shielding on motherboard and on other parts of phone is difficult to reassemble. The iFixit people had to take apart the copper foil on the motherboard because they needed to see what ICs were being used. I have no such need and hence all I need to take care is to just remove the motherboard carefully so the copper foil doesn't come off which isn't that difficult.

The only other problem that I can see is that there isn't another video I can follow but taking apart those 2 other phones has definitely made me a little confident that I can take apart this one on my own. I will just need to be a bit more patient. Since there doesn't seem to be a video out there I think I may do a video this time. I am definitely not a pro at repairing phones but editing will take care of that I hope. It will also give me an opportunity to use the Sony DSC - QX10 I bought.

P.S. - Even with the cost of the back housing this phone will only cost me 20k, which I think is a bargain for this phone.

Back