HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

JT_daniel said:
You will get the money back of course, but it's the headache that's not worth it.

It would be lesser of a headache than not getting back the money at all!

Paypal on ebay works fine.

@Agantuk, not much of an idea about the site! Probably some Indian at the helm!

I don't know this is any news or not, but I got back both the amounts 20north and B&N, I think KUDUKU will be interested in knowing that I got my (read friend's) money back in CC account from B&N

paarkhi said:
I don't know this is any news or not, but I got back both the amounts 20north and B&N, I think KUDUKU will be interested in knowing that I got my (read friend's) money back in CC account from B&N

I have stopped caring about BN money now

That time my limit was screwed due to it

Its a CC authorization charge which will go in max 21 days

My CC payment is auto debit on 4 every month

so payment done and limits back

I have a limit of 75k per month

which is enough for me

Regarding debit card payment

Called up Axis bank helpline and money was back in account in 24 hrs for 2 BN orders

Refund from asktp also complete

so helped in limit

so more than happy

bigbyte said:
Not necessarily. It is just the authorization, so your credit limit has been reduced by this amount. Your card may or may not have been charged.
We all received this message while purchasing touch pads from B & N. the only toll was credit limit, no actual charge ever happened.
Yeah, I got the similar msg for transaction made on B&N, but I was never charged and so no blockage of money..

JT_daniel said:
Guys, if you use Google Checkout, money is taken out of the CC immediately. Paypal and Google Checkout does that. That's why it's always better to pay normally through CC.

Don't know about Google checkout, but in case of PayPal money is taken out only when the seller claims money from PayPal, it is same like billing your credit card. As long as charge shows pending on PayPal, money is not taken out. No guesses, that's my personal experience with B & N transaction.

Got it mine by collecting it from aramex office:mad: and straightaway updated to 3.02, all the patches from preware. folio case(which i got from hk based ebay.com seller) also fits fine and looking good :). Only and main issue, i'm not impressed with the webos :( it is slow! Opening a application takes hell out of time and yes i've not overclocked it. I use DHD and HD7, both are fast and smooth doing any operation, may be thats the reason i'm not impressed with touchpad at all :( Hope android port is not far :)

smnrock said:
Got it mine by collecting it from aramex office:mad: and straightaway updated to 3.02, all the patches from preware. folio case(which i got from hk based ebay.com seller) also fits fine and looking good :). Only and main issue, i'm not impressed with the webos :( it is slow! Opening a application takes hell out of time and yes i've not overclocked it. I use DHD and HD7, both are fast and smooth doing any operation, may be thats the reason i'm not impressed with touchpad at all :( Hope android port is not far :)

Sell it to me :cool2:

smnrock said:

LOL mate you don't know what you are talking about. :p

OC it to 1.7 Ghz using preware (F15C Eagle Kernel and Govnah) and it'll blow your mind away. THEN you'll love WebOS and you'll know what a scarily good OS it is. :)

JT_daniel said:
LOL mate you don't know what you are talking about. :p

OC it to 1.7 Ghz using preware (F15C Eagle Kernel and Govnah) and it'll blow your mind away. THEN you'll love WebOS and you'll know what a scarily good OS it is. :)
Hm..not to crap this thread, but my 1Ghz DHD and HD7 performing far better than TP without overclocking :p Anyways will wait for android port, webos is not my cup of tea :(

smnrock said:
Hm..not to crap this thread, but my 1Ghz DHD and HD7 performing far better than TP without overclocking :p Anyways will wait for android port, webos is not my cup of tea :(

While I agree that WebOS might not be liked by everyone, comparing cellphones and tablets isn't exactly apt, IMO.

I love WebOS and after OC'ing it to 1.7 GHz, the interface is as fast as an iPad2 and yes, I have used the iPad 1 and 2.

with same processor chipsets, same ram, little higher resolution... Y exactly can't we compare tablets and phones? I have a optimus one and g tablet, and obviously the tablet is more powerful and faster

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Back