HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

I have 5 * one rupee charges on CC

So all those who used HP were immediately charged or amount blocked or what ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

In the error and refresh mayhem

5 have gone through

ebay prices have reached $190 for 16 GB

^ That must be 1 USD not rupee, if you ordered on HP. It would be awesome if they honour all those. You must have used your Indian card right?

agantuk said:
^ That must be 1 USD not rupee, if you ordered on HP. It would be awesome if they honour all those. You must have used your Indian card right?

one rupee and not dollar

you ordered from which store

and nice to know SBI CC trick worked

geturchiru said:
how much it costs via SnS for bestbuy one?

A lot. Almost will kill the deal. Here is why.

The duty is 15% of customs assessed value. So that comes to (106 + 21%) + 15%. Almost 150 USD.

The big killer though will be the shipping. This is a 3.2 pound packet. If packed properly would be 26 USD. However, even 50 grams more and the shipping would be 34 USD.

agantuk said:
I had ordered from HP store last night. Was charged 1 USD, nothing after that.

same with me no updates after placing the order called the CC and they say call on Monday at 8am EST for further information on the site.... Dot know wat to do now sold out on BB also....

lida said:
same with me no updates after placing the order called the CC and they say call on Monday at 8am EST for further information on the site.... Dot know wat to do now sold out on BB also....

you had one dollar or rupee charge

agantuk said:

The duty is 15% of customs assessed value. So that comes to (106 + 21%) + 15%. Almost 150 USD.

The big killer though will be the shipping. This is a 3.2 pound packet. If packed properly would be 26 USD. However, even 50 grams more and the shipping would be 34 USD.

It will be $156 total shipped to house for 16 GB version

Its not expensive if you compare Indian prices

$99 + 9 + 9 = 117 + 25 +26

edit total is $168 for 16 GB version

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
I am also trying to order from there.Do they accept Indian Credit cards??

Yes. Some workarounds required though. Enter your billing address as your SnS or any other address where you plan to get it shipped.

At the time of ordering, HP site would say it is an international card blah blah blah. Just ignore and proceed.

On order confirmation, call up customer care, and tell them to add the US address that you gave during checkout, on their 'records'. Tell them you require this to use the card in the US since you will be going there (credits to kuduku for telling me this). They will update their records.

agantuk said:
Yes. Some workarounds required though. Enter your billing address as your SnS or any other address where you plan to get it shipped.

At the time of ordering, HP site would say it is an international card blah blah blah. Just ignore and proceed.

On order confirmation, call up customer care, and tell them to add the US address that you gave during checkout, on their 'records'. Tell them you require this to use the card in the US since you will be going there (credits to kuduku for telling me this). They will update their records.

did u get the order confirmation instantly or after a long delay????

agantuk said:

$106?

Isn't it $119 with tax and shipping?

lida said:
did u get the order confirmation instantly or after a long delay????
Just got the confirmation on the screen. Yet to receive an email.

kuduku said:
you got charged one USD and me one rupee
why ?
any ideas

That's really strange. 1 USD seems more logical as these are US sites.
viditkalra said:
$106?

Isn't it $119 with tax and shipping?

There are some coupons for free shipping.

kuduku said:
order confirmation is sent on email ?

Yes, for both Best Buy and HP. BB comes instantly.

Back